LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 70
  1. #1
    WiiChat Member Celeste's Avatar
    Member #
    28191
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,213
    Friends
    18
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2937-4259-9208-4198

    Public Transportation

    Any other unfortunate souls here forced to utilize public transportation in busy, overpopulated cities?

    The following things have happened to me on Subways or in Subway stations:
    1) Being followed by a menacing black guy all the way to my car
    2) Being asked to buy weed
    3) Being asked to buy and re-sell cocaine
    4) Being asked to come to someone's apartment to do a "modeling" audition
    5) Having someone sit down beside me and put their arm around me
    6) Having someone shout obscene sexual things at me loud enough for the whole train car to hear
    7) Solicited for sexual acts
    8) Asked on dates from people I'd never laid eyes on before
    9) Been slapped on the ass by a drunk homeless man
    10) Been preached to and given religious documents for my entire trip
    11) Been freaked out by people praising Allah...frantically speaking in Arabic and looking really suspicious
    12) Been cornered by 2 guys and asked out...them NOT leaving me alone until my ride showed up outside the station
    13) Attempted purse snatching

    Maybe some of it doesn't seem like a bit deal, but when you're alone, small, female, and generally a frightened person, it just isn't good.

    Yesterday evening I was groped twice on the subway by an east-indian looking man, and I quickly yelped and moved away. He then yelled at me and stared at me, calling me awful things for what seemed like 10 minutes. Then he groped a middle aged Asian woman, as well. I got off the subway at the next stop I could, and had a pretty severe panic attack, to say the least.

    It's really unfortunate getting sexually assaulted whilst innocently trying to get from point A to point B.

    Anyone else have bad experiences?
    What should I do (I mean besides get a driver's license, I'm working on that...it's just stressful because I learnt to drive initially in NZ where drivers aren't psychos)?

    I want a gun. Seriously. Or a huge guy to protect me.
    Omg, wow, rant.

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    ssb4life mushroomedmario's Avatar
    Member #
    23292
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, ontario, canada
    Posts
    3,828
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    i love public transportation, i don't know why except the things that you describe sometimes happens

    i.e. i was the only person on the city bus, and was occupying a two person seat(backpack and i) and an old person moved my backpack to sit beside me

    or a kid dthat recently sniffed crushed ritalin kept following me and asking for money, and offering me ritalin and ciggys


    the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

  4. #3
    WiiChat Member Celeste's Avatar
    Member #
    28191
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,213
    Friends
    18
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    i love public transportation, i don't know why except the things that you describe sometimes happens

    i.e. i was the only person on the city bus, and was occupying a two person seat(backpack and i) and an old person moved my backpack to sit beside me

    or a kid dthat recently sniffed crushed ritalin kept following me and asking for money, and offering me ritalin and ciggys
    Apparently I need to move to wherever Waterloo is.

  5. #4
    ssb4life mushroomedmario's Avatar
    Member #
    23292
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, ontario, canada
    Posts
    3,828
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    it's the smartest city in the world(not kidding, been voted that by a forum, we have two universities, RIM(the people who created the blackberry, started here)) people are generally peaceful and calm, allthough it's a twin city with kitchener, and there are druggies there, kinda like a ying yang

    i feel pretty safe in waterloo, but not as much as when i'm in kitchener


    the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

  6. #5
    Del fuego he resurgido {Axtlár}'s Avatar
    Member #
    32329
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,992
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5200-6176-6963-9732
    Nothing of the sort has happened to me, but that's because I'm a guy and I don't take buses or subways, so that's the best thing you could do, Celeste, just start driving a car every time you need to go out, and I wouldn't say buy a gun; you could get one of those tasers. I'm really sorry for that that happened to you.

    The end is near....Or is it the beginning?
    it's THE BEGINNING of an endless fall into a precipice of epic Brawling fun.
    Add me to Brawl:
    FC: 317957548849
    User name: AXTLR
    if you added me, send me a pm with your code too, please.

  7. #6
    WiiChat Member Celeste's Avatar
    Member #
    28191
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,213
    Friends
    18
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    it's the smartest city in the world(not kidding, been voted that by a forum, we have two universities, RIM(the people who created the blackberry, started here)) people are generally peaceful and calm, allthough it's a twin city with kitchener, and there are druggies there, kinda like a ying yang

    i feel pretty safe in waterloo, but not as much as when i'm in kitchener
    Sounds ideal. I'm beginning to really REALLY hate Toronto. Everyone loves it...but I can't stand it here. Some of the reasons why are SOOO politically incorrect that I won't even go there because...yeah. You may know what I'm talking about if you know much about what it's like here...

    I want to move to Scandinavia, or back home.

  8. #7
    ssb4life mushroomedmario's Avatar
    Member #
    23292
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, ontario, canada
    Posts
    3,828
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    Sounds ideal. I'm beginning to really REALLY hate Toronto. Everyone loves it...but I can't stand it here. Some of the reasons why are SOOO politically incorrect that I won't even go there because...yeah. You may know what I'm talking about if you know much about what it's like here...

    I want to move to Scandinavia, or back home.
    than we can switch spots cause i want to live in toronto lol, i know it's filled with gangsters, bums and hookers, but i just love the city, and tdot is more urban than my city


    the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

  9. #8
    WiiChat Member Celeste's Avatar
    Member #
    28191
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,213
    Friends
    18
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    than we can switch spots cause i want to live in toronto lol, i know it's filled with gangsters, bums and hookers, but i just love the city, and tdot is more urban than my city
    Well, if you're a guy, you won't have much of a problem with the transportation aspect, an if you like the "urban" thing, then, yeah, you should move here and I'll move there.
    I'd love to get as far away from "urban" living as possible.
    No matter where you go, you encounter the lowest most ****ed up forms of society. It isn't okay. I live in the Bloor/Yorkville region, which is the city's most affluent area. It's not like I'm in the 'hood. And still...this.
    Ugh, everything I want to say is so hardcore politically incorrect :\

  10. #9
    WiiChat Member ARav989's Avatar
    Member #
    8001
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Joisey 0_o
    Posts
    1,204
    Friends
    3
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6597-7058-7157-6973
    Celeste, your really pretty. Im not suprised you have been harassed multiple times.

    Buy a tazer, pepper spray, and a gun (legally of course with a license to carry it around.)


    "We've all been down this path before
    You're trapped in this town
    And it wears you down
    When we leave today maybe you'll understand
    That this constant struggle isn't always in the palm of our hands."

  11. #10
    ssb4life mushroomedmario's Avatar
    Member #
    23292
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, ontario, canada
    Posts
    3,828
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    Well, if you're a guy, you won't have much of a problem with the transportation aspect, an if you like the "urban" thing, then, yeah, you should move here and I'll move there.
    I'd love to get as far away from "urban" living as possible.
    No matter where you go, you encounter the lowest most ****ed up forms of society. It isn't okay. I live in the Bloor/Yorkville region, which is the city's most affluent area. It's not like I'm in the 'hood. And still...this.
    Ugh, everything I want to say is so hardcore politically incorrect :\
    i find the malls(yorkdale and eaton) to be decently safe, that's probably where i would spend most of my free time

    i really enjoy shopping as i have a compulsive spending disorder


    the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts