Any other unfortunate souls here forced to utilize public transportation in busy, overpopulated cities?
The following things have happened to me on Subways or in Subway stations:
1) Being followed by a menacing black guy all the way to my car
2) Being asked to buy weed
3) Being asked to buy and re-sell cocaine
4) Being asked to come to someone's apartment to do a "modeling" audition
5) Having someone sit down beside me and put their arm around me
6) Having someone shout obscene sexual things at me loud enough for the whole train car to hear
7) Solicited for sexual acts
8) Asked on dates from people I'd never laid eyes on before
9) Been slapped on the ass by a drunk homeless man
10) Been preached to and given religious documents for my entire trip
11) Been freaked out by people praising Allah...frantically speaking in Arabic and looking really suspicious
12) Been cornered by 2 guys and asked out...them NOT leaving me alone until my ride showed up outside the station
13) Attempted purse snatching
Maybe some of it doesn't seem like a bit deal, but when you're alone, small, female, and generally a frightened person, it just isn't good.
Yesterday evening I was groped twice on the subway by an east-indian looking man, and I quickly yelped and moved away. He then yelled at me and stared at me, calling me awful things for what seemed like 10 minutes. Then he groped a middle aged Asian woman, as well. I got off the subway at the next stop I could, and had a pretty severe panic attack, to say the least.
It's really unfortunate getting sexually assaulted whilst innocently trying to get from point A to point B.
Anyone else have bad experiences?
What should I do (I mean besides get a driver's license, I'm working on that...it's just stressful because I learnt to drive initially in NZ where drivers aren't psychos)?
I want a gun. Seriously. Or a huge guy to protect me.
Omg, wow, rant.