A triple post means that you have three posts in a row. If you want to add a comment and the latest post in a thread is one you created, you should edit your last post instead of making a new one.
And to answer some questions:
1. Can you give me a brief synopsis of SMG? What is the main goal?
Princess Peach (also known as Toadstool) is once again kidnapped by the evil lizard Bowser. Mario, with the aid of Rosalina and his borther Luigi, must find power stars so their space station can travel to the middle of the universe to find Peach.
2. did you reserve your copy, or purchased it after its release?
I purchased it after release.
3. How much would you say you spend on games monthly (average)?
More in-depth questions:
1.Many of you obviously have played many previous Mario games. Besides the games and consoles, do you collect Mario memorabilia in general? If you do what does this collection represent for you?
I do not collect anything.
2. Nostalgia seems to be a significant factor in why many are purchasing SMG, and why many continue to support the whole Super Mario Franchise. do you think Mario's impact in the gaming world would have been as significant to you if it would have first appeared now?
Mario's first appearance was in the arcade game Donkey Kong and much of his design was the result of hardware restrictions. He wears overalls so his arms would be visible just like he has a moustache so his nose would be more obvious. The result was the kind of character that could only gain popularity in those days because a short fat plumber (or carpenter) would not be a believable character if his first appearance would be in 2007. While SMG would be critically acclaimed if it were the first in the series, it would not be as popular as it is now.
3. Does it bother you that many recent wii games, such as SMG, are being aimed to a wider audience, and not just the hard core gamer?
I don't care about the audience they're aiming for. My own enjoyment is what comes first.
4. Do you see yourself still playing video games in the next 20-30yrs? Do you think gaming will become a more acceptable "adult" leisure activity in the future? why or why not?
The average gamer is over twenty years old and many developers aim to make games for older audiences. It is also believed that video games are the next great narrative next to literature and film. Many games, like the Final Fantasy series, are very cinematic and the complex stories are more suited for adults than for kids. I think I will still play games in the future because the game industry is evolving in line with the customer's preference.
5. Please describe how you feel when playing SMG? do you prefer playing alone or in groups?
I feel a lot of enjoyment when playing the game because of the beautiful visuals, great music and nearly perfect gameplay. Super Mario Galaxy is not really meant to be a multiplayer game so I play it on my own. However, I often prefer playing fun multiplayer games like Mortal Kombat and Mario Kart.
6. Can you please explain what gameplay is? (this is a more curious question, many of you have said the gameplay is great, what exaclty is it? excuse me in advance if im a little slow, but i really do want to learn!
Gameplay is basically how the game feels. How natural it feels to control the characters. Games that are frustrating because of bad camera angles or irresponsive controls, have bad gameplay.