LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    A triple post means that you have three posts in a row. If you want to add a comment and the latest post in a thread is one you created, you should edit your last post instead of making a new one.

And to answer some questions:

1. Can you give me a brief synopsis of SMG? What is the main goal?
    Princess Peach (also known as Toadstool) is once again kidnapped by the evil lizard Bowser. Mario, with the aid of Rosalina and his borther Luigi, must find power stars so their space station can travel to the middle of the universe to find Peach.

2. did you reserve your copy, or purchased it after its release?
    I purchased it after release.

3. How much would you say you spend on games monthly (average)?
    About €12.

More in-depth questions:

1.Many of you obviously have played many previous Mario games. Besides the games and consoles, do you collect Mario memorabilia in general? If you do what does this collection represent for you?
    I do not collect anything.

2. Nostalgia seems to be a significant factor in why many are purchasing SMG, and why many continue to support the whole Super Mario Franchise. do you think Mario's impact in the gaming world would have been as significant to you if it would have first appeared now?
    Mario's first appearance was in the arcade game Donkey Kong and much of his design was the result of hardware restrictions. He wears overalls so his arms would be visible just like he has a moustache so his nose would be more obvious. The result was the kind of character that could only gain popularity in those days because a short fat plumber (or carpenter) would not be a believable character if his first appearance would be in 2007. While SMG would be critically acclaimed if it were the first in the series, it would not be as popular as it is now.

3. Does it bother you that many recent wii games, such as SMG, are being aimed to a wider audience, and not just the hard core gamer?
    I don't care about the audience they're aiming for. My own enjoyment is what comes first.

4. Do you see yourself still playing video games in the next 20-30yrs? Do you think gaming will become a more acceptable "adult" leisure activity in the future? why or why not?
    The average gamer is over twenty years old and many developers aim to make games for older audiences. It is also believed that video games are the next great narrative next to literature and film. Many games, like the Final Fantasy series, are very cinematic and the complex stories are more suited for adults than for kids. I think I will still play games in the future because the game industry is evolving in line with the customer's preference.

5. Please describe how you feel when playing SMG? do you prefer playing alone or in groups?
    I feel a lot of enjoyment when playing the game because of the beautiful visuals, great music and nearly perfect gameplay. Super Mario Galaxy is not really meant to be a multiplayer game so I play it on my own. However, I often prefer playing fun multiplayer games like Mortal Kombat and Mario Kart.

6. Can you please explain what gameplay is? (this is a more curious question, many of you have said the gameplay is great, what exaclty is it? excuse me in advance if im a little slow, but i really do want to learn!
    Gameplay is basically how the game feels. How natural it feels to control the characters. Games that are frustrating because of bad camera angles or irresponsive controls, have bad gameplay.
    Last edited by Fredvdp; 11-30-2007 at 04:16 AM.
    I'm Insanity Prawn Boy! I'm on the Moon!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    brandon,
    if you would of read my previous response, i already explained the research parameters i am using, which are fully acceptable by my professor.
    Last edited by newgirl; 11-30-2007 at 10:20 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by newgirl
    brandon,
    if you would of read my previous response, i already explained the research parameters i am using, which are fully acceptable by my professor.
    I've seen you write this mistake before: it's 'would have', not 'would of'. Sorry if I sound rude, but I'm a spelling nazi.

Member #
    Friends
    Well you guys it is time to collect and analyze all the information that I have gathered these past few weeks. I just want to say thank you again to all of those who responded. I presented my findings last week and i am happy to say that I did well. My final paper is due this friday, and l am actually looking forward to writing it. For now I am ready for some shut eye, I just finished writing a five page paper and my brain is about to shut down. good luck to all those who have finals this coming week!

Member #
    Friends
    oh and to the spelling nazi.....thanks for the heads up, I slip sometimes....we all have our quirks

Member #
    Friends
    oh and to the spelling nazi.....thanks for the heads up, I slip sometimes....we all have our quirks
    I have many!

Have fun writing it.

Member #
    Friends
    Hello everybody!!! Happy late 2008!! Well I finally received my paper back, and i want to thank everyone once again for your help!!! You guys helped me earn a 94%!!!! Heres the link in case anyone is interested in reading the final product.... https://api.turnitin.com//paper_fram...3c706cd1b11728

and yes before anyone tells me there are gramatical errors in my paper, but thankfully my professor was not a nazi about it =)
    Last edited by newgirl; 02-04-2008 at 04:39 PM.

Member #
    -=CLASSIFIED=- Number of Kills: Over 100000 Bounty Earned: $925786857
    Friends
    Hello everybody!!! Happy late 2008!! Well I finally received my paper back, and i want to thank everyone once again for your help!!! You guys helped me earn a 94%!!!! Heres the link in case anyone is interested in reading the final product.... https://api.turnitin.com//paper_fram...3c706cd1b11728

and yes before anyone tells me there are gramatical errors in my paper, but thankfully my professor was not a nazi about it =)
    Wow, very nice job. BTW I didn't post here because I didn't have SMG yet; otherwise I would've posted.
    Last edited by Samus101; 02-04-2008 at 04:46 PM.

^Thanks for the sweet sig, manred!^
    Online Wii Games: BWII, MSC, Medal of Honor 2: Heroes, and SSBB
    MoH: H2 Persona: Jonny Rambo
    MSC Name: Gabe
    BWII Name: Gabriel
    SSBB Name: GaS
    SSBB FC: 0130-1580-5884

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads