Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    Quote Originally Posted by DRMARIO
    I agreed with everything in that post, save the part that I highlighted.
    Believe you me, You can. And that feeling never goes away..ever.
    I know you can!
    My post was talking about how older people view teenagers, how they dismiss our feelings. OF COURSE you can be in love. =)

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    I know you can!
    My post was talking about how older people view teenagers, how they dismiss our feelings. OF COURSE you can be in love. =)
    AH RIGHT.
    Thanks for that!XD
    Just been trying to explain to Squall7, but I don't think I'll be able to convince him.

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends
    2889-0567-4141-1338
    I think that squall wants to be able to define love ,
    but fails to recognise that its a highly diverse and volatile emotion
    and who says that love and hormones are completely seperate

Member #
    Friends
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Well, as a 22 year old, I can honestly say that being an adult is tougher.

Technically, anyone can be clinically depressed. But then there's a difference between clinical depression and feeling down/blue. And cutting your wrist probably isn't clinical. Clinical is when you have a lack of apetite, lack of sleep, lack of interest in sex, lack of interest in pretty much anything.

And the jobs thing - You should try living in Cornwall. Pretty much the only thing you can get if you don't have a Degree and experience is retail work or food service. And that's for adults too.

And the love thing. It is just a crush. It may hurt you emotionally, it may even scar you, but for there to be truely love, there has to be reciprication. Otherwise it's just infatuation. I know from experience. Just think of all those representations throughout time: Romeo's love was Juliet, not Rosaline. While he felt like he would die for either of them, only Juliet would do the same for him.

If people actually say ""just wait until you're older and have REAL problems", ask whether they mean knocking up two girls is worse than knocking up one, and then walk away. The funny thing about being an adult is responsibility, and not just having to justify yourself to your parents. If you do something wrong when you're not a minor: It could be anything like, divorce, losing your job, fines, jail time, etc... People generally think (to which I would disagree with), that responsibility starts at age 18, when it's concerning actual laws. Before that age, you get a slap on the wrist, thought of as "don't know any better" or just generally less punishment than the same action when you're an adult.

I also don't like the way kids regard non-conformity (which is supposedly "cool") as doing the same thing the "cool" kids do. If you want to be non-conformist, do whatever you want, not because somebody else wants you to, but because you want to. Following the crowd basically is conformity. Oh, and anti-conformity is a form of conformity: just that you do the opposite to what everyone else is doing. So when considering being a rebel, first consider who you're rebelling against.
    There is clinical depression and situational depression. Self mutilation is DEFINITELY clinical, and everyone has different symptoms that fall under the umbrella of depression.

How can you say that love for teenagers is just a crush? You make the unfair assumption that the love is always unrequited. We're not talking about girls lusting over Johnny Depp posters here, (eww, btw), we're talking about having an emotionally intimate, powerful connection with someone. Like DRMARIO said, some of us are mature. Some of the things you said were pretty insulting.

Bringing up the fact that adults have bills, mortgages, etc, is irrelevant. I'm well aware being an adult brings more responsibility and subsequently more stress. ALL I'm talking about right now is people not taking us seriously, dismissing our feelings, and stereotyping us. It isn't fun. End of.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    There is clinical depression and situational depression. Self mutilation is DEFINITELY clinical, and everyone has different symptoms that fall under the umbrella of depression.

How can you say that love for teenagers is just a crush? You make the unfair assumption that the love is always unrequited. We're not talking about girls lusting over Johnny Depp posters here, (eww, btw), we're talking about having an emotionally intimate, powerful connection with someone. Like DRMARIO said, some of us are mature. Some of the things you said were pretty insulting.

Bringing up the fact that adults have bills, mortgages, etc, is irrelevant. I'm well aware being an adult brings more responsibility and subsequently more stress. ALL I'm talking about right now is people not taking us seriously, dismissing our feelings, and stereotyping us. It isn't fun. End of.
    Nicely put ^^
    Now why didn't I say that? XD

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends
    4826-4175-7020-5555
    wow big discussion, but let me say this: this is just a piece of writing. I just wanted constructive criticism and maybe a discussion. Tell me what you think. It does mean alot to me. But go on with your educated convo's lol. I wish i was smart lmao

EDIT:sorry guys i didnt have much time to post ill post some more on this when i get home tonight
    Last edited by Z3wpk; 11-25-2007 at 09:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GC8
    you are incredibly fast at responding...
    GH3 Code:455381349557
    SSBB Code:0430-7946-8146
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT]
    We have ignition Sister.

I love you idjut for this sig!!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Heh, I am 13 yet I hate the culture of my age and how we get looked down upon when not all of us are like the stereotype.

"And the food? Good?!" BigORhyme's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    It's not that teenagers are stupid, it's that their horomonal and stupid. It's best to listen to adults.
    Adults were kids too, you know... they juuuuust might know what the hell they're talking about.
    Oh, and I thought that I might add that it's easy to be in love with a girl when you don't live with her, and someone else pays all the bills.
    Last edited by BigORhyme; 11-25-2007 at 09:46 AM.
    I tend to get on around 8 o'clock PM Eastern time, and mostly play until I get too drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by King Lain
    "...and not just any challenge, I want to face you in the nude!!!!"
    Strikers FC: 356595-967869
    Name: Big O

The Carolina Panthers are: 6-9
    Next week: at Tampa Bay ()

Member #
    Friends
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    Quote Originally Posted by BigORhyme
    It's not that teenagers are stupid, it's that their horomonal and stupid. It's best to listen to adults.
    Well...that was eloquent.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by BigORhyme
    It's not that teenagers are stupid, it's that their horomonal and stupid.
    So not only am I stupid, I am stupid because of the changing anatomy that I accompany?

Also it is Hormonal*

Ads