Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by el-zilcho
    I think that squall wants to be able to define love ,
    but fails to recognise that its a highly diverse and volatile emotion
    and who says that love and hormones are completely seperate
    Philosophers and poets have been trying for centuries to define and explore the spiritualistics of love. To be able to do that though, you have to believe in spiritualism, at least in some form.

I guess I'm just more cynical than most people...

Quote Originally Posted by celeste
    There is clinical depression and situational depression. Self mutilation is DEFINITELY clinical, and everyone has different symptoms that fall under the umbrella of depression.
    Depends on what kind of mutilation really. Most cutting are cries for help. When you're clinically depressed, you don't even feel like having help.

How can you say that love for teenagers is just a crush? You make the unfair assumption that the love is always unrequited.
    True, I did make that assumption. I apologise, that was always my experience. However, from what I saw, the people that were going out seemed like they were further from "love" than I was. Perhaps it's a generational thing...

We're not talking about girls lusting over Johnny Depp posters here, (eww, btw), we're talking about having an emotionally intimate, powerful connection with someone. Like DRMARIO said, some of us are mature. Some of the things you said were pretty insulting.
    I apologise for making you feel insulted. I didn't mean to imply that those feelings were pointless at the teenage age. Baring in mind however, that the first experience of these things always seem more passioate, romantic etc... simply because you've never experienced anything like it previously. Oh, and maturity really doesn't enter into love. It only enters in to who you are attracted to. And you can love someone you're not attracted to, look at all those people who find out that they're homosexual, despite being married with kids for the past 20 years.

Bringing up the fact that adults have bills, mortgages, etc, is irrelevant.
    Don't forget that that's in addition to everything you have as a teenager as well. (oh and I was refering to general responsibilities). 1.0 is still smaller than 1.2.

I'm well aware being an adult brings more responsibility and subsequently more stress. ALL I'm talking about right now is people not taking us seriously, dismissing our feelings, and stereotyping us. It isn't fun. End of.
    Fair enough. To be honest, not taking you seriously is a sign of bad parenting. However, people should also take into consideration that with age comes wisdom. Simply because we recognise that the world isn't falling apart, doesn't mean we're not taking you seriously. Believe me, I know. The world continues, and you continue. You experience and you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    Heh, I am 13 yet I hate the culture of my age and how we get looked down upon when not all of us are like the stereotype.
    I know how you feel. Just remember that those people that judge all youngersters are in the wrong. Recognising individuals and even smaller groups in larger groups is a neccessity, or else, you'll be generalising and generally making a complete ignoramus of yourself. However, that doesn't mean that there won't be any characteristics you share. Age is obviously an important one. Usually a case of lack of family responsibilities (although that too is sometimes wrong to assume). General lack of experience is another (while I'm saying experience, that doesn't mean intelligence, maturity or knowledge - i.e. not in a deroagatory way).

Sorry if I offend you. I was in your exact position, always angry that I was marginalised, ignored etc... However, I think there are some things which do come with age (ignorance being one if you're not careful). You'll see what I mean when you experience it. Until then, enjoy your childhood - it's something that you can never experience again).

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Me Wif My Boxing Glove!!! Wii-Bhoy's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4037-3554-3960-7367
    Im Only 14, Going On 15. I Agree With Probably Everything Most Of You Guys Have Said. Being A Teenagers Soooo Hard And Stressful! In The UK, Where I Live, If You Choose The Right Decision Not To Smoke And Drink, Etc. You Are Classified As A Geek Or Loser. I Have A Girlfriend Right Now. We Are Very, Very Close To Each Other. I Disagree With The Fact That People Have Said That You Cant Be In Love As A Teen. You Can...

Thanks To Dan.Skater For The Awesome Sig!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    I know how you feel. Just remember that those people that judge all youngersters are in the wrong. Recognising individuals and even smaller groups in larger groups is a neccessity, or else, you'll be generalising and generally making a complete ignoramus of yourself. However, that doesn't mean that there won't be any characteristics you share. Age is obviously an important one. Usually a case of lack of family responsibilities (although that too is sometimes wrong to assume). General lack of experience is another (while I'm saying experience, that doesn't mean intelligence, maturity or knowledge - i.e. not in a deroagatory way).

Sorry if I offend you. I was in your exact position, always angry that I was marginalised, ignored etc... However, I think there are some things which do come with age (ignorance being one if you're not careful). You'll see what I mean when you experience it. Until then, enjoy your childhood - it's something that you can never experience again).
    In no way am I offended by this, you are correct.

We cannot look for exceptions for such a large stereotype as it would be a task to contradict the original thought however, these years of being stereotyped and ignored is something which we must experience to age and mature.

The acts that a lot of teens do in today's times are wrong and we cannot just go along and just let it through agreeing with me, we do need to look down to some extent.

When I say we there, I mean you as in the adult population.

Me Wif My Boxing Glove!!! Wii-Bhoy's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4037-3554-3960-7367
    In America Does Popular Mean To Be A Jock Or Does It Mean To Smoke, Drink, Etc.? In The UK Popular Means To Smoke,Drink,Etc.

Thanks To Dan.Skater For The Awesome Sig!

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    In no way am I offended by this, you are correct.

We cannot look for exceptions for such a large stereotype as it would be a task to contradict the original thought however, these years of being stereotyped and ignored is something which we must experience to age and mature.

The acts that a lot of teens do in today's times are wrong and we cannot just go along and just let it through agreeing with me, we do need to look down to some extent.

When I say we there, I mean you as in the adult population.
    Fair enough. I was also part of the "non-smoking therefore not cool" brigade.

The main solace is in years to come, where you make something of your life and they're still working in Burger King. Then, you'll either feel validated by their lack of progress or you simply pity them.

Trust me, being mature and intelligent has its rewards. It starts once you go to college (where there's only people that do want to be there) and then is better in university.

Member #
    Friends
    2937-4259-9208-4198

Depends on what kind of mutilation really. Most cutting are cries for help. When you're clinically depressed, you don't even feel like having help.
    How many cutters do you happen to know personally? I wholeheartedly disagree with everything you're saying regarding this...
    Also, I disagree that adults have to struggle to be validated and/or taken seriously coupled with bills, mortgages, etc. The two stages of life are vastly different, adults aren't dealing with everything teenagers are dealing with PLUS more, they're dealing with different things.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    How many cutters do you happen to know personally?
    Well, for a start, my brother was one. I've also had an ex-girlfriend that was one - boy did that relationship suck.

I wholeheartedly disagree with everything you're saying regarding this...
    Fair enough.

Also, I disagree that adults have to struggle to be validated and/or taken seriously coupled with bills, mortgages, etc.
    I neither remember saying that or implying it.

The two stages of life are vastly different, adults aren't dealing with everything teenagers are dealing with PLUS more, they're dealing with different things.
    So, they don't ever feel insecure, unheard, marginalised, taken advantage of, manipulated, feel peer pressure, lust or love someone they either shouldn't or are/n't "allowed to"? Wow. I guess I'm still a teenager then. Just with all those extra "adult" responsibilities and age.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848

The main solace is in years to come, where you make something of your life and they're still working in Burger King. Then, you'll either feel validated by their lack of progress or you simply pity them.

Trust me, being mature and intelligent has its rewards. It starts once you go to college (where there's only people that do want to be there) and then is better in university.
    You are correct, to go through this is to lead onto better things.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000

You know what, you're absolutely right.
    I find comfort in knowing that all these dicks who've given me shit all my life, will still be working in ASDA, sweeping floors, WHEREAS, I'll have finished a long..long education in University, have a nice house, hopefully family, be able to live comfortably, and have a fantastic job.

Enoch was right.

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Its one of the biggest misconceptions out there. Adults just like to make their [false] superiority known, thats all.

You'll get used to it, because when it comes down to it this world is run by stereotypes. I guarantee you I'm smarter than quite a few full-time workers, but the average teenager isn't and therefore I am not in the eyes of an employer. No one will give you a chance, thats why you have to learn to take them for yourself. Don't give them the oppurtunity to tell you no, because this is YOUR time.

Don't let the man put you down because you are superior to your peers.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads