LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    Don't worry about popularity or anything like that, it means nothing once high school is over.

I personally thought teenage life was easy. You don't have all the worries you do as an adult. I really never worried about anything as a teenager, it was just all about having fun.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

WiiChat.com>Match.com TacosTacos's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    I know you can!
    My post was talking about how older people view teenagers, how they dismiss our feelings. OF COURSE you can be in love. =)
    Yes, of course you can be IN LOVE. Love knows no bounds. True love can not be expressed in words.....which I seem to be at a loss for.....??

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    Its one of the biggest misconceptions out there. Adults just like to make their [false] superiority known, thats all.
    Hahaha, nice way to denounce stereotypes then make a blanketed statement.

What some adults bring to the table is *perspective* - regardless of your intellectual capacity and what you think you know, until you can apply a little retrospective consideration, you're firing blanks.

The perspective I have now gives me incredible insight. I was bright and reasonably successful at a young age, but I could never - even with my beyond-my-years-self-awareness - understand things the way I do now.

On topic: This is coming from someone you wouldn't sandbox into your typical adult mold (my whole peer group is the same).

Of course it's tough as a teenager - kids have significantly more access to information, things are moving faster, maturing much quicker but the old problems I dealt with as a teenager are still present.

Some of us adults aren't looking down at the teen demographic but you have to stop trying to stratify yourself as some kind of unbreachable mystery. In some ways I blame technology - it's created a bit of a gulf between kids and their parents (not in my case, I "get it"), and created a sort of false bit of perpsective of the world.

Is it tougher as an adult? It's different set of hurdles. I think what would surprise people is the things you suffer through as a teen that are repackaged for adult consumption.

I know part of the teen experience is all the angst you're sure adults don't get but guess what? You know the asshole at school? He's still there at work. You know the stress of dating? How about the stress of staying with someone after 15 years? You don't get your allowance and get the new Mario? How about not gettting your paycheck and not being able to repair your car?

I'll add this too: life goes on. Most things you suffer through as a teen don't do permanent damage. I muddled through my teen years with the typical ups and downs and the "parents don't get me" and the angst, but pretty early I came into my own, had a business sold before I was 25, became a reasonably successful person - great life, wife, call my own shots, and *now* I get way more about the things I thought I understood when I was a teen.
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    Quote Originally Posted by TacosTacos
    Yes, of course you can be IN LOVE. Love knows no bounds. True love can not be expressed in words.....which I seem to be at a loss for.....??
    <3 =)

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I don't like stereotypes any more than the next guy, but I realize that they must be used in day to day life.

Self-awareness, eh?

I still say that we could learn much more valuable information without school.

EDIT: Just read your whole post (as opposed to what was referred to me). Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. I think the biggest difference is that Adult's have more experience, simply put. While we're teenagers we're trying to learn, trying to fit in, trying to figure out where we belong. As adults, we won't fall into peer pressure and the like because we know what happens. As for now, kids will continue to break the law to try to 'fit in' (I'm ashamed to admit that I do this) because they don't know where they belong. However, I'm happy to say that I think I know where I belong for the time being and won't be making any huge mistakes that I'll regret later down the road.
    Last edited by LevesqueIsKing; 11-25-2007 at 06:56 PM.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Stereotypes had to come from somewhere, didn't they? Actually, I don't approve of them, but obviously they're going to play a part when naming groups for ease, don't tell me you don't have work-based nicknames, DT.
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Work based?

You mean like The Hammer? Tis what all my girl friends call me

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    No, I mean like, The idiot who got his thumb ripped apart transporting balls.
    Last edited by Frogger; 11-25-2007 at 06:57 PM.
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Well thats...an interesting way to phrase it.

I think The Hammer has a nicer ring to it...

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    4826-4175-7020-5555
    hmm does anyone have any constructive criticism on what i wrote?
    Quote Originally Posted by GC8
    you are incredibly fast at responding...
    GH3 Code:455381349557
    SSBB Code:0430-7946-8146
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT]
    We have ignition Sister.

I love you idjut for this sig!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ads