To me, being a teenager means:
- You can't actually be depressed, instead you're just "lulz emo kid!1~"
- You can't get a decent part-time job because nobody will provide you with opportunities...it's either retail or food service
- You can't really be in love, it must just be a silly crush, right?
- Your problems are marginalized and dismissed, "just wait until you're older and have REAL problems", people say
- You're a loner and/or loser if you don't partake in recreational drug use and underage drinking
...I could go on and on...but the conclusion is you aren't taken seriously at all...
In 29 days I'll no longer be a teenager. I'm sure you can tell how gutted I am.