LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

GameStop was very cool today

so i went there after school to see how much they would give me for my Wii and they told me $160.00, they also told me not to trade it in and just sell it. they actually told me to hang around the store because they get about 100 calls a day asking for wiis.

well five minutes went by and there was 3 phone calls and 3 customers looking for Wiis. the third customer offered to buy my wii, wii play, and guitar hero 3 for 300 dollars. I'm losing 90 dollars in the process but it is all used stuff, so id say thats a pretty good deal.

the gamestop employees wanted me to make a sign that said "i have a wii" an stand outside to see how many people would flock around me lol.

i just thought it was cool that they let me "loider" and try to sell MY gaming stuff at their store. they even told the people who called "we have someone here who's looking to sell a used one" they even helped pursuade the lady by telling her that im in there all the time trading games in that are always in good condishon.

everybody always says how gamestop employees are pompous assholes but i think i got lucky with the store by my house lol, theyve always been cool to me (except when i bought a wii, one of the guys there made fun of me and said his g/f tried to make him play it one day but he refused lol)

PS3 TOMARROW!

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    thats pretty cool..rare in a way but pretty cool

oh and...congrats on the PS3

welcome to the dark side...

Member #
    Friends
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    PS3's arent that great right now.. I'm probably gonna get one when the price goes down again, and once they have some god 1st party games.

Plus nice story.
    Arguing Over The Internet Is Like Participating In The Special Olympics, Even If You Win You Are Still Retarded.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    2320-5790-2320

Mario Strikers friend code:
    494028-363289

Member #
    Friends
    7952-3036-6014-3919
    I wish my gamestop was like that, mine is full of people that talk to quiet to hear I can't stand it. I'm thinking of getting a ps3 to, but I think i'm going to wait until ff13.
    Pokemon FC: 2535 0616 1267
    Name: Brady
    Mario Kart: 128933 989446
    Gamertag: Vasichek

A random quote: A hero is no braver than an
    ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes
    longer.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    The staff at my EB Games store are quite similar. While I was trading in some old games they advised me that I would be better off keeping them and that their trade in value for games was a rip off. However, I needed the money so I ended up on selling the games.

Member #
    Friends
    yeah, ps3 is realling starting to get some good games
    remember when wii was all ready release all those awesome games in november and everyone was hyped? thats whats happening to the PS3 now. except its spread out over the next like..5 months, so it's a bit early, but still a good time to buy a PS3 IMO, plus spiderman3 on blu-ray for free, and idn about that deal w/the five free movies, but i hope its still going on.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SensesFail
    and idn about that deal w/the five free movies, but i hope its still going on.
    It is still going on. The form to fill out is here:
    http://www.bluraysavings.com/bluraysavings_usa.pdf

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Lol nice story dude.

I was in Game the other day and one of the workers game out from the back with a wii in his hand, about five parents eyes lit up because they were in there looking to buy wiis for their kids for x-mas. Sadly it had been pre-ordered and the guy was just there to pick it up lol, they all flocked around him asking him if he'd just walked in and bought it or pre-ordered.. quite funny to watch knowing you've got one yourself.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by surfinrach90
    Lol nice story dude.

I was in Game the other day and one of the workers game out from the back with a wii in his hand, about five parents eyes lit up because they were in there looking to buy wiis for their kids for x-mas. Sadly it had been pre-ordered and the guy was just there to pick it up lol, they all flocked around him asking him if he'd just walked in and bought it or pre-ordered.. quite funny to watch knowing you've got one yourself.
    lol, i love watching peole freak otu trying to get their hands on a wii, its so much more fun knowing i got mine the first time i tried

EDIT: so that blu-ray offer, do those movies ever change, cause im not likeing my options to much right now, i mean..i cant complain cause their free, i just wondered if they ever change them around. anybody do this?
    Last edited by SensesFail; 11-28-2007 at 08:46 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    My techer is currently trying to buy a wii off me and my friends in school.
    He's like "My borther wants one for christmas and ill buy it off of you kids for 300$, sound fair?"
    I just said nah, (mine has 90% worth of VC games) then laughed when he left.
    Arguing Over The Internet Is Like Participating In The Special Olympics, Even If You Win You Are Still Retarded.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    2320-5790-2320

Mario Strikers friend code:
    494028-363289

Ads