LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    25098
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,450
    Friends
    20
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Aww...did someone get their feelings hurt?
    Last edited by blueovalboy7; 12-10-2007 at 01:42 AM.


  2. #22
    WiiChat Member Lewi T's Avatar
    Member #
    25688
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,549
    Friends
    13
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    yo if you was watching the fight from before it started it was hattens trainer that said watch mayweather on the inside and that he throws lowblows and does other things so, so it was hattens trainer that made him break them up all the time plus i don't know what fight you was watching because if you watch all the replays i did i had it dvr hatten wasnt hiting shit he got a couple every now and then, when you look when he would have him on the ropes he wasnt hitting body he was hitting mayweathers arms thus thats why mayweather was laughing at him the whole fight. but whats your excuse for him getting knocked silly into the ring post lol that shit right there was classic. then right before the second knock down you could see in the corner hattens trainer threw in the towl. so all that bull shit about he will keep fighing and the ref shouldnt have stopped it is bs they were going to throw in the towl any way. its ok yall got yall payback for booing the national anthem you got a royal american ass whoopin to go all the way back to the uk on.

    You can even go to espn and other sports channels and they where talking about how mayweather was just picking him off with accurate shots, exp the pot shots he was giving him every time hatten would rush in. then you would just see hattens head snap back every time he hit him.

    Hatten himself said that he whooped him and didnt complain about any ref activity he just took his ass whoopin like a man and said sorry to the uk fans and went on about his buisness. so why cant you just accept his ass whoopin like a man and quit making excuses he still got his ass knocked twice theres no excuse on that one. he was cut from the begining, look at mayweathers face nothing not a scratch not even swollen any where. When hatten had the chance to do something he was holding, and just throwing elbows no accurate punches he did exactly what mayweather said he was going to do come in like a street fight brawler and he got his ass out boxed.

    Just because its a rivalry there is no excuse to disrespect that, we didnt boo your bullshit song, we sat there and listend to it, even though we don't have to because you are in our country, but you came all the way to our country and booed our national anthem and it serves you right he got his ass layed on the canvas hattens corner didnt have any thing to say after that one did they?
    Well I was watching the fight before it started so yeah I saw what Hatton's trainer said, that doesn't mean that the ref had to break it up every five seconds, he just had to keep an eye out. Breaking it up worked into Mayweather's favour as Hatton's game is largely fighting on the inside - but he wasn't allowed to. I'm not sure what you were watching but up until Hatton had the point deducted, it was a pretty even fight points-wise. Hatton might not have landed many throws, but his aggressiveness would have earned him points.

    Obviously when he got knocked down that was basically it, I didn't say that he would of continued fighting, what I'm saying is that if he didn't have the point deducted, he could have fought more tactically (which is what he should have done from the start really), but since he lost the point it quite blatantly put him behind, making him desperate, and hence leaving him open for the knock-out. That was why he got knocked down and then out, if Hatton hadn't of gone in using his heart rather than his head, he would have caused Mayweather more problems. But he fought too emotionally which practically left him like a sitting duck for Mayweather, due to his accuracy, and Hatton's lack of head movement.

    Of course Hatton's not going to complain about things, where would that get him? But there's certainly room for discussion for others, as there were many aspects of the fight that could be talked about - and the ref was definitely one of them. Who said I hadn't accepted Hatton's defeat? I've said it many times, Mayweather had an awesome fight and is clearly the best boxer in the world. I'm not taking anything away from Mayweather, he fought very well and took his advantages. But obviously there's room for thought after almost every sporting event. There's no point bringing up the fact that Hatton got cut in the third, and Mayweather hasn't got a scratch on him, because everyone knew Hatton was going to bleed at some point, he's liable to bleed. Whereas Mayweather does exceptionally well at defending, which is why he's never been cut open in his professional career. At the end of the day, yeah, Mayweather out-boxed him, but up until then there were several what ifs for Hatton. He fought well, but with too much emotion, and he paid the price in the end.

    Who said anything about disrespect? The boos weren't intended to hurt anyone's feelings, it's just part of our culture to give some spark to the event. You should go to a footy game, particularly between two rivals, it's constant abuse. But it's not personal. Get over it like a man. Oh and for all anyone knows the Americans could have been booing our national anthem - its just that, there were that few of them you wouldn't of been able to hear them. Especially over the duetted (Tom Jones + fans) explosion of God Save the Queen.

  3. #23
    Gran Turismo Wii_BrEnDo2007's Avatar
    Member #
    11890
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ecosse
    Posts
    2,731
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by blueovalboy7
    Aww...did someone get their feelings hurt?

    no but your ass is gonna get hurt
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

  4. #24
    They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    25098
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,450
    Friends
    20
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_BrEnDo2007
    no but your ass is gonna get hurt
    Oh I'm scared now.

  5. #25
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Oh my, Brendo is scary. Please, hide me from him. D:


    Internet wannabe.

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


  6. #26
    They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    25098
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,450
    Friends
    20
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    Oh my, Brendo is scary. Please, hide me from him. D:


    Internet wannabe.
    My thoughts exactly.

  7. #27
    Get Money Dummy yungblood6's Avatar
    Member #
    34300
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    383
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewi T
    Well I was watching the fight before it started so yeah I saw what Hatton's trainer said, that doesn't mean that the ref had to break it up every five seconds, he just had to keep an eye out. Breaking it up worked into Mayweather's favour as Hatton's game is largely fighting on the inside - but he wasn't allowed to. I'm not sure what you were watching but up until Hatton had the point deducted, it was a pretty even fight points-wise. Hatton might not have landed many throws, but his aggressiveness would have earned him points.

    Obviously when he got knocked down that was basically it, I didn't say that he would of continued fighting, what I'm saying is that if he didn't have the point deducted, he could have fought more tactically (which is what he should have done from the start really), but since he lost the point it quite blatantly put him behind, making him desperate, and hence leaving him open for the knock-out. That was why he got knocked down and then out, if Hatton hadn't of gone in using his heart rather than his head, he would have caused Mayweather more problems. But he fought too emotionally which practically left him like a sitting duck for Mayweather, due to his accuracy, and Hatton's lack of head movement.

    Of course Hatton's not going to complain about things, where would that get him? But there's certainly room for discussion for others, as there were many aspects of the fight that could be talked about - and the ref was definitely one of them. Who said I hadn't accepted Hatton's defeat? I've said it many times, Mayweather had an awesome fight and is clearly the best boxer in the world. I'm not taking anything away from Mayweather, he fought very well and took his advantages. But obviously there's room for thought after almost every sporting event. There's no point bringing up the fact that Hatton got cut in the third, and Mayweather hasn't got a scratch on him, because everyone knew Hatton was going to bleed at some point, he's liable to bleed. Whereas Mayweather does exceptionally well at defending, which is why he's never been cut open in his professional career. At the end of the day, yeah, Mayweather out-boxed him, but up until then there were several what ifs for Hatton. He fought well, but with too much emotion, and he paid the price in the end.

    Who said anything about disrespect? The boos weren't intended to hurt anyone's feelings, it's just part of our culture to give some spark to the event. You should go to a footy game, particularly between two rivals, it's constant abuse. But it's not personal. Get over it like a man. Oh and for all anyone knows the Americans could have been booing our national anthem - its just that, there were that few of them you wouldn't of been able to hear them. Especially over the duetted (Tom Jones + fans) explosion of God Save the Queen.
    ive seen a footy game and you guys get to fighting in almost all of them so to say its just a spark to the event is right lol. you guys take that sport way to seriously as well as other countries. i would never attend one of those ill have to shoot some one at the end.lol
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

  8. #28
    Gran Turismo Wii_BrEnDo2007's Avatar
    Member #
    11890
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ecosse
    Posts
    2,731
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    hmm and your not?
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

  9. #29
    Get Money Dummy yungblood6's Avatar
    Member #
    34300
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    383
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_BrEnDo2007
    hmm and your not?
    No if you read what i have said coming into the fight i could have cared less who won the fight but it wasnt untill the disrespect in the begining that i even took the fight seriously, but no i don't take it that serious to go beat the shit out of another fan just because A. he is from another country. and B. he roots for the other team. which is the case that you see in most euro football games.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

  10. #30
    They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    25098
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,450
    Friends
    20
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    No if you read what i have said coming into the fight i could have cared less who won the fight but it wasnt untill the disrespect in the begining that i even took the fight seriously, but no i don't take it that serious to go beat the shit out of another fan just because A. he is from another country. and B. he roots for the other team. which is the case that you see in most euro football games.
    If that's how it went down in say the NFL, Raider's fans would straight up kill people.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts