LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    ABC
    ABC is offline
    Banned ABC's Avatar
    Member #
    1576
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NyC/Nj
    Posts
    1,629
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by White-Wolf
    and bush (not bush jr) supplied iraq with its weapons of mass destruction it used to wipe out the curds, that we went into iraq for. everyone has American weapons.
    Not only did you completely ignore my point and question, you stated something that made absolutely no sense. Do some more research, it will truly enlighten you on what has gone on and what is going on in this country. I think this conversation (at least for me) is over. Good night everyone.

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    WiiChat Member White-Wolf's Avatar
    Member #
    2150
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    280
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    Not only did you completely ignore my point and question, you stated something that made absolutely no sense. Do some more research, it will truly enlighten you on what has gone on and what is going on in this country. I think this conversation (at least for me) is over. Good night everyone.
    whatís your point then? I shale try to address it to the best of my ability.

    My point is that We have given weapons to everyone. My point is that Lying about sex under oath is not as bad as lying to get us into unnecessary war that has created a civil war in of itself. My point is now that theirs accountability, we wont end up creating a Nuclear war searching for terrorist. My point is that terrorists are not Iraqis. My point is where heck is Benladen? Where is the accountability? Are you saying republican control all three branches of government is a good thing? My point is, You cant fight terror with fear. My point is, i edit my posts because i know i don't get writing on the first try, but i refine my posts. Its so i can get the feeling out first then the Semantics. Please do not belittle me nor my intelligence. While I am rash and quick tongued, I am also thoughtful and willing to listen. I am sorry you do not wish to continue this conversation.


    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    You are comparing Bush to Kim Jung Ill
    While i am, SO to is our allies. They are afraid of us. and that makes me afraid.

    I hope that with a *democrat* *edit* congress they will have faith in us once more.



    Would you mind telling me were it is that you work so I understand were you are coming from?
    Last edited by White-Wolf; 11-08-2006 at 07:25 PM.

  4. #13
    WiiChat Member rodent's Avatar
    Member #
    899
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    193
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    YAY!!! i am democratic, so this is a good day 4 me.

    on the other hand hillary clinton

    hey, im a gamer first, democrat second
    Bunnys can't play soccer........ BUT THEY CAN DANCE

  5. #14
    WiiChat Member rodent's Avatar
    Member #
    899
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    193
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    YAY!!! i am democratic, so this is a good day 4 me.

    on the other hand hillary clinton

    hey, im a gamer first, democrat second
    Bunnys can't play soccer........ BUT THEY CAN DANCE

  6. #15
    Chillin in the Mill Ezekiel86's Avatar
    Member #
    465
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Posts
    434
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    Sorry about the double-post below
    Last edited by Ezekiel86; 11-08-2006 at 07:30 PM. Reason: it's a DOUBLE!!!
    My Friend Codes
    Mario Kart DS FC: 0558-9898-2921
    Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1031-5066-6884
    StarFox Command FC: 8876-5756-1834

    Give Ez some lovin! Rep me with the green mushy if you like my post!

  7. #16
    Chillin in the Mill Ezekiel86's Avatar
    Member #
    465
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Posts
    434
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    Not only did you completely ignore my point and question, you stated something that made absolutely no sense. Do some more research, it will truly enlighten you on what has gone on and what is going on in this country. I think this conversation (at least for me) is over. Good night everyone.
    ... and you bag him for ignoring something you said? Look who's talking

    Anyway, back on topic, my only qualm about having the democrats in office is Hillary Clinton's stance against violence in videogames. Why does she see it as such a problem? She seems to blame it for social problems when violence in society existed looooooong before videogames. Not only that but what about violence in other media? Like movies, books and music? Why are politicians so stupid and try to stop us having fun?
    My Friend Codes
    Mario Kart DS FC: 0558-9898-2921
    Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1031-5066-6884
    StarFox Command FC: 8876-5756-1834

    Give Ez some lovin! Rep me with the green mushy if you like my post!

  8. #17
    WiiChat Member White-Wolf's Avatar
    Member #
    2150
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    280
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel86
    ..back on topic, my only qualm about having the democrats in office is Hillary Clinton's stance against violence in videogames. Why does she see it as such a problem?
    I agree with you. I would not like to vote for here. Not because she is a women (a bad reason if thats your only reason), but because she isnít Bill Clinton, and she never will be. its not that she sees it as a problem, or anyone actually sees it as a problem, its the fact it takes accountable away from parents. It makes it so parents donít need to say no, because the government already has, thus soccer moms vote for family values for the win.... ug.

    Its the whole idea of giving the golden promise.. Not having sex is not birth control, because a large percentage of those golden promise girls will have sex, and if they donít learn about birth control, they will mostly likely get std's or get pregnant. It just Lends itself to uneducated teens.

    Now you must be asking your self WTF!?!?! where did that come from? Well thatís the stance on video games. Banning video games is like the golden promise. Violence and death has existed before video games. Video games wonít turn us into violent individuals, anymore then giving us a gun will make us a murderer. A murderer will just crush someoneís skull. Guns do however disenfranchise us from the certainty it takes to stab someone with a sword, and a guns range and distance from the victim does make easy to kill someone. If we donít learn about morality though, whether or not we watch and play violent video games, we are still going to shoot up a school, even if we have to do it with a baseball bat like that kid in Japan. Eh that may not make sense, but I think thatís how i see it.

    If guns make it easy to kill someone, have we given up that humans can work out their differences? by banning guns instead of educating the people that killing is wrong, have we only put a bandaid on a mortal wound? I think if public schools tought(sp?) philosophy, ethicsÖ ect, We would be so much better off, but I wonder if having bad public schools make for a convenient working class. ADHD feels like something right out of brave new world.

    If you play violent video games and then kill someone, you have a bigger problem then the video games alone.


    *edited for clarity and spelling*
    Last edited by White-Wolf; 11-08-2006 at 10:43 PM.

  9. #18
    Chillin in the Mill Ezekiel86's Avatar
    Member #
    465
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Posts
    434
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    Quote Originally Posted by White-Wolf
    I agree with you. I would not like to vote for here. Not because she is a women (a bad reason if thats your only reason), but because she isnít Bill Clinton, and she never will be. its not that she sees it as a problem, or anyone actually sees it as a problem, its the fact it takes accountable away from parents. It makes it so parents donít need to say no, because the government already has, thus soccer moms vote for family values for the win.... ug.

    Its the whole idea of giving the golden promise.. Not having sex is not birth control, because a large percentage of those golden promise girls will have sex, and if they donít learn about berth control, they will mostly likely get std's or get pregnant. It just Lends itself to uneducated teens.

    Now you must be asking your self WTF!?!?! where did that come from? Well thatís the stance on video games. Banning video games is like the golden promise. Violence and death has existed before video games. Video games wonít turn us into violent individuals, anymore then giving us a gun will make us a murderer. A murderer will just crush someoneís skull. Guns do however disenfranchise us from the certainty it takes to stab someone with a sword, and a guns range and distance from the victom does make for easy killing. If we donít learn about morality though, whether or not we watch and play violent video games, were still going to shoot up a school, even if we have to do it with a baseball bat like that kid in Japan. Eh that may not make sense, but I think thatís how i see it.

    If guns make it easy to kill someone, have we given up that humans can work out their differences, by banning guns instead of educating the people that killing is wrong? I think if public schools taught philosophy, ethicsÖ ect, We would be so much better off, but I wonder if having bad public schools make for a convenient working class and If ADHD drugs isnít something right out of brave new world.

    If you play a violent video games and kill someone, you have a bigger problem then video games.
    I think I see where you're coming from, and I agree with what you say - It seems like banning violent videogames is the easy way out, and a way of keeping their (the politicians) hands clean of responsibility of violent crime. So if someone breaks out in another school shooting (they seem to be the new big thing these days) they can always say "well we didn't endorse DooM II!" If that makes sense.

    It's a similar thing with medications like antidepressants, they might make people feel better while under the effect of the drug, but you're back to square 1 when it wears off. The only way you can beat it is by learning ways of responding to, and dealing with the causes of depression.

    I totally agree man, public schools should teach philosophy, ethics, and other topics of humanity and issues of what make us human, for people seem to live a more enriched and peaceful existance when they learn of the deeper meanings like that, and it could really help curb the modern plagues of antisocial behavior (schoolyard violence/bullying, violent crimes, abusive approaches towards strangers, etc).

    By teaching people the reasons why violence/antisocial behavior is wrong is a far more sustainable solution than by simply banning guns/video games, (although that is a much easier solution and still absolves the politicians of any responsibility).

    Ultimately, if someone wants to kill someone else, they'll still do it with or without guns. The only way to stop it is through proper education.
    My Friend Codes
    Mario Kart DS FC: 0558-9898-2921
    Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1031-5066-6884
    StarFox Command FC: 8876-5756-1834

    Give Ez some lovin! Rep me with the green mushy if you like my post!

  10. #19
    WiiChat Member White-Wolf's Avatar
    Member #
    2150
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    280
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    right on bro.

  11. #20
    WiiChat Member White-Wolf's Avatar
    Member #
    2150
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    280
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Looks like the dems most likely got the senate aswell.

    Abc, NBC, Reuters, CBS and the AP all say Jim webb has taken the state

    CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 02:26 PM
  2. house of the dead IGN review
    By thas in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 10:53 AM
  3. 5th heart pillar...was the card house???
    By pinkythebabe in forum Super Paper Mario
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 08:32 AM
  4. House MD Discussion Thread
    By Syntax in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 11:24 AM