LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: gamestop..

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Yea ALL 360's have a LAN connection and NO wireless connection.

You'll need a Wireless Adapter for it to connect to your wireless network, but i would simply run a cable if you can. The difference will be very dramatic. Wireless has bad lag issues and you'll suffer during online game play. Plus depending on what standard your using, interference, distance, etc all become big factors.

The Wii had bad lag when using wifi even when it was sitting directly next to my router. Lan adapter fixed it right up. Same with the 360. 360 games are very graphic intense and lots of physics involved that require a good connection if you want to ever take online seriously.

Now if your just going to be downloading content off live like demo's and such... then its not required. But I would try to get a LAN connection for gaming purposes (hence why the 360 doesn't come with a WiFi built in).

Wifi = sucks for gaming
    No Advertising

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by player911m

You'll need a Wireless Adapter for it to connect to your wireless network, but i would simply run a cable if you can. The difference will be very dramatic. Wireless has bad lag issues and you'll suffer during online game play. Plus depending on what standard your using, interference, distance, etc all become big factors.

The Wii had bad lag when using wifi even when it was sitting directly next to my router. Lan adapter fixed it right up. Same with the 360. 360 games are very graphic intense and lots of physics involved that require a good connection if you want to ever take online seriously.

Now if your just going to be downloading content off live like demo's and such... then its not required. But I would try to get a LAN connection for gaming purposes (hence why the 360 doesn't come with a WiFi built in).

Wifi = sucks for gaming

What do you mean LAN?? How would i get Lan...sorry i am such a loser!!! I mean i have a router but u said wi-fi sucks and a router is wi-fi so what is LAN OMG!! I HATE MYSELF!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    Damn you respond fast.

Perverts Club
    Members:Curtain, kiraownsurmom, ARav989, {Axtlár} & AceAlabama
    Once our balls dropped, so did all the girls' pants

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by player911m

Wifi = sucks for gaming
    Yeah if you have a $50 router.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKE196
    Yeah if you have a $50 router.

*scratches 25$ sticker off router*
    Well my model is a ....BEFW11S4 Linkys, and it cost ...err 50$
    So i will lagg??
    Damn you respond fast.

Perverts Club

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtain
    What do you mean LAN?? How would i get Lan...sorry i am such a loser!!! I mean i have a router but u said wi-fi sucks and a router is wi-fi so what is LAN OMG!! I HATE MYSELF!!
    Routers can be wired or wireless. A LAN is a Local Area Network, which can be either wired or wireless in the generic sense, but in the gaming console context typically refers to a wired connection.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    Routers can be wired or wireless. A LAN is a Local Area Network, which can be either wired or wireless in the generic sense, but in the gaming console context typically refers to a wired connection.

But how is LAN different from a Router?? <-- haha sorry i am so damn stupid...
    (i would connect with wires but...like its in my room and my laptop is in the "study" area which is like RIGHT next to each other but the cord would get in the way of things....)
    Does anyone know if i coudl maybe get another modem so i could hook it up to something?
    Damn you respond fast.

Perverts Club

Member #
    Friends
    But how is LAN different from a Router?? <-- haha sorry i am so damn stupid...
    (i would connect with wires but...like its in my room and my laptop is in the "study" area which is like RIGHT next to each other but the cord would get in the way of things....)
    Does anyone know if i coudl maybe get another modem so i could hook it up to something?
    A LAN is a concept, not a device. It just refers computers that are networked together within a small area. That could be either through wireless (wi-fi) or wired connection, or a combination of the two.

A router is the device that essentially connects those computers (or game consoles) together (to form a LAN) and also lets them all share the internet connection from a cable mode, DSL, etc. Routers come in two basic varieties: those with wi-fi support and those without wi-fi. The models that support wi-fi have one or more little antennas on them. A wired connection will typically be faster than a wi-fi connection, but it's not always a big difference depending on the speed of your internet connection.

So it would be set up so that your broadband modem (cable, DSL, etc.) connects to the router. Then your computers (and game consoles) connect to the router.

That's the typical situation, and usually presents the fewest problems. There are some other ways to get things connected together with or without wires.

For your Xbox, if you don't get the wireless adapter, then you'll need to run a wire from the router to the Xbox. If you do get the wireless adapter, then you don't need the wire, but you will need a router that supports wi-fi.

Member #
    Friends
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
    MY STUPID PARENTS
    i told them to spend 500 dollars and they spent 500 but they didnt get exavt;y what i wanted.
    wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh/

yopu sound like a crybaby. buck up and buy the item yourself.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by rukus
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
    MY STUPID PARENTS
    i told them to spend 500 dollars and they spent 500 but they didnt get exavt;y what i wanted.
    wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh/

yopu sound like a crybaby. buck up and buy the item yourself.

Ahhhhhhhhh, this is for my birthday and christmas combined!!
    Ahhhhh i am a single child...
    Just shut the hell up ...seriously if your gonna be an asshole just leave...
    Damn you respond fast.

Perverts Club

Member #
    Friends
    Ahhhhhhhhh, this is for my birthday and christmas combined!!
    Ahhhhh i am a single child...
    Just shut the hell up ...seriously if your gonna be an asshole just leave...
    Wow. I mean wow. While I thought that you were whining at first, I suggested a workaround for you. But "i am a single child..."? That's your argument? Wow. Your parent just dropped a bunch of money on you, regardless of the occasion.

Ads