K. So. My parents are getting me a laptop for Christmas.
But they don't know I know ;x I'm supposed not to know.
They even said they're not putting the presents under the tree until Christmas Eve. But I looked under their bed after constructing a theory. I can tell you guys this theory if you want. It was 95% right. One flaw in it.
BUT. It's a Sony Vaio NR110. $400 and packed with goodies.
* Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core mobile processor T2310 with 533MHz frontside bus, 1MB L2 cache and 1.46GHz processor speed
* 1GB PC2-4200 DDR2 memory for multitasking power, expandable to 2GB
* Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media; also supports DVD-RAM
* 15.4" WXGA LCD widescreen display with XBRITE-ECO technology and 1280 x 800 resolution
* 120GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
* Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 with 251MB video memory as allocated by Windows Vista; VGA out with Smart Display Sensor
* A/V mode for one-touch access to your frequently used media
* i.LINK (IEEE 1394) port and 4 USB 2.0 ports for fast digital video, audio and data transfer; Memory Stick Duo with MagicGate functionality slot, Secure Digital Card slot
* Built-in Atheros IEEE wireless network connection (802.11b/g); 10Base-T/100Base-TX Fast Ethernet LAN with RJ-45 connector; V.90/V.92 high-speed modem
* Weighs 6.2 lbs. and measures just 1.5" thin for portable power; lithium-ion battery and AC adapter
* Matte silver hue on a textured exterior to create a fabric-like look
* Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition operating system preinstalled; software package included with Sony Click to DVD, Microsoft Works SE 9 and more
The only thing that worries me is that... It's VISTA. And it's only got 1GB of ram.
I might have to spend 50 bucks of 2GB of ram. Unless it runs smooth enough for me. It probably will.
Lot better than my current desktop comptuer.
Three times the harddrive.
Four times the ram.
Built in Card-reader.
Dual core processor. I got a single core.
What do you guys think?