LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 77
  1. #21
    God Complex Frogger's Avatar
    Member #
    16994
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    3,763
    Friends
    16
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    We're under Christian rule, our basic laws are set on Christianity. How is that outdated?
    I love you, Adam.


  2. Ads


  3. #22
    Anglophobiphile Brawny's Avatar
    Member #
    8228
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    Posts
    6,546
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Outdated? Do you actually have specific examples or must we generalize everything?

  4. #23
    Waluigi's #1 Fan! FRuMMaGe's Avatar
    Member #
    8705
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,966
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    Outdated? Do you actually have specific examples or must we generalize everything?
    God created stars and the moon to light the skies.

    The moon does not emit light, and stars are many times larger than the "light-sources" they are made out to be.

    Obviously this was a mediocre example.

    There are so many inconsistencies in there it could have only been believed that long ago.

    -=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

    Spoiler Alert!



    52 Members and still growing!


  5. #24
    the best kid! samXcor3's Avatar
    Member #
    34872
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,457
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    God created stars and the moon to light the skies.

    The moon does not emit light, and stars are many times larger than the "light-sources" they are made out to be.

    Obviously this was a mediocre example.

    There are so many inconsistencies in there it could have only been believed that long ago.
    actually i am pretty sure that the entire or most of the book of Genesis is made up, stories early chrisitans used to describe things. if adam and eve were real wouldnt we all be inbred? i think what they were aiming for is true though, at some point in time, God sparked life. that's what I believe.


    EDIT: Also at the time of writing the Bible there was probably no possible way to know the things which you disproved, theyre just trying to say God created everything.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

    thanks to idjut for the sig!

  6. #25
    Anglophobiphile Brawny's Avatar
    Member #
    8228
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    Posts
    6,546
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Clearly, you have had no experience with Christianity first-hand at all.

    You are taking it much too literally. I, myself, follow theistic evolution when it comes to creation.

    Ever heard of METAPHORS?

    At least dedpoet knows what he's actually against.

  7. #26
    God Complex Frogger's Avatar
    Member #
    16994
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    3,763
    Friends
    16
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Quote Originally Posted by samXcor3
    actually i am pretty sure that the entire or most of the book of Genesis is made up, stories early chrisitans used to describe things. if adam and eve were real wouldnt we all be inbred? i think what they were aiming for is true though, at some point in time, God sparked life. that's what I believe.


    EDIT: Also at the time of writing the Bible there was probably no possible way to know the things which you disproved, theyre just trying to say God created everything.
    Genesis is a load of poppycock. It makes me laugh, now that is outdated, what do you think the New Testament is for?

    You have obviously never read any of the Bible. >_>
    I love you, Adam.


  8. #27
    Waluigi's #1 Fan! FRuMMaGe's Avatar
    Member #
    8705
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,966
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    Clearly, you have had no experience with Christianity first-hand at all.

    You are taking it much too literally. I, myself, follow theistic evolution when it comes to creation.

    Ever heard of METAPHORS?

    At least dedpoet knows what he's actually against.
    I am well aware that the book of Genesis is widely accepted as a guide or a metaphor. I was just quoting an obviously wrong section if taken literally.

    I am just pointing out that many of the theories and notions put forth have since been disproved.

    -=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

    Spoiler Alert!



    52 Members and still growing!


  9. #28
    Gearhead Surf Coder [DT]'s Avatar
    Member #
    33107
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,329
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    God created stars and the moon to light the skies.

    The moon does not emit light, and stars are many times larger than the "light-sources" they are made out to be.

    Obviously this was a mediocre example.
    If by mediocre you mean craptacular, then yes
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

    "Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

    "The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

  10. #29
    God Complex Frogger's Avatar
    Member #
    16994
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    3,763
    Friends
    16
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    I am well aware that the book of Genesis is widely accepted as a guide or a metaphor. I was just quoting an obviously wrong section if taken literally.

    I am just pointing out that many of the theories and notions put forth have since been disproved.
    When the hell were metaphors taken literally? Hahahaha.
    I love you, Adam.


  11. #30
    Waluigi's #1 Fan! FRuMMaGe's Avatar
    Member #
    8705
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,966
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger
    When the hell were metaphors taken literally? Hahahaha.
    I am saying that when the Bible was first written, everything in there was taken literally and was believed as historically accurate.

    -=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

    Spoiler Alert!



    52 Members and still growing!


Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

bible was edited by kings

Click on a term to search for related topics.