LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger
    ...Hahahaha, nonsense. What, did you start this just to be flamed (in a lovely Christian way of course)?

I'm Catholic.
    yea... this is like throwing matches into gasoline... just a fire waiting to happen.
    SSBB FC: 1547-4946-7686
    A response to "Wii - DVD Compatible?"
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."

Member #
    Friends
    i think some people overlooked me saying

(no offence to anybody)
    in my first post, i was just posting why i don't believe in him

\/\/ii'd Out For Life dedpoet777's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0792-2476-6769-9631
    man i could seriously write a novel here, so ill keep it short.

when i chose to question my beliefs in christianity, by far the hardest thing for me to lose was the belief in jesus h christ. once i started doing research, using various articles and documentaries, i found many questionable things about the entire story surrounding jesus. one thing i found out is that all, and i do mean ALL of the "miracles" that jesus "preformed" were mentioned to have been done by various greek gods hundreds of years prior. i think the whole persona of jesus was comprised of various beliefs involving "pagan" gods.

for example, the greek god of wine Dionysus, had shockingly similar attributes to jesus even unto his death. in mythology, as i said 6-800 years before jesus, dionysus was said to be the "son of god" because he was the son of zeus. he was said to be "born of a virgin" which had been magically impregnated by zeus. he was said to have turned water into wine(sound familiar yet?) when he died, he was said to tell his followers to "eat his body and drink his blood" he meant this in a literal sense because it was believed that he and his cult were into cannibalism. also when he died he was "nailed to a tree" he also "rose again and acended into heaven" and once again, this was 800 years before christ.

now, the modern world of course does not acknowledge these stories, and any other mythology, as more than fairytale.....so why not the bible? few christians know of the undeniable parallels between christianity and "pagan" religions. when i was a christian, i didnt either.

this video will explain what im talking about further. this is from a phenomenal documentary called "the god who wasnt there" this is clip is about 6 minutes long but very much worth watching. esp in the end of the clip it shows all the attributes of "previous saviors" well before jesus. you will be shocked that all of what jesus did, had been done in mythology WELL before jesus "did it"

sorry the video wouldnt post...so i could only post the link.
    \/\/ho's Got

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda:Twilight Princess, \/\/ii Sports, \/\/ario \/\/are, Tiger \/\/oods:07, \/\/ii Play, Super paper Mario, Prince of Persia, Game Party//-//3 Remotes, 2 Chuks, Retro Skin
    DS:Zelda Phantom hourglass, New Super Mario Bros, Tetris DS, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Touchmaster, Big Brain Academy, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania:Portrait of Time//Retro Skin, Switch&Carry Digital Camou Case.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred
    yea... this is like throwing matches into gasoline... just a fire waiting to happen.
    meh. Who deosn't like fire. It always interesting to see what people have to say. I myself am a pentecostal christian, and play guitar for Hillsong church(if that means anything to anyone). I love jesus and i dont mind taking fire because of it.
    Proud owner of:
    Nintendo compnent cable, Two wiimotes w/ nunchucks, Red Steel -ROCKS, Wii Sport-ROCKS, Rayman Raving Rabbids-Finished, Heatseeker-WOW Wii play

"anything you do wii can do better"

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    That's a very good point dedpoet777. Why do we consider Greek gods to just be myths compared to the Bible?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyman2

@ Mc_evan, i like to think of it like this. ants are so small and have such little brains, that they can not possible comprehend what we as humans are, what we are capable of and how we affect them. So, for us humans, are brains can not coprehend or fathom what God is. All the things that you asked about Him are man made concepts, things we made and can conceptually think about with understanding. If you were to draw a picture of God, every aspect of that drawing would come from something you learned on earthions your ask are impossible to answer

Actualy ant are relly smart ! But i know what you arw trying to say .

XboxGamerTag=IQuickReflexI

Strike=Have

X-Mas Wish List :
    PlayStation 3,Call of Duty 4,Guitar Hero 3(w/ 2 Guitars)Assassin's Creed(Mayb),Oblivion,Ps3 Control.

PSN ID : Mc_Evan

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    im going to go ahead and close this thread because all religious debates always tend to go into a chirstian flame war (always bashing christians even if the topic wasnt about christians at all). all the OP wanted to know if anyone else was christian here on Wiichat. he didnt ask for a debate.

P.S. im a christian and proud of it.

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Ads