+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    Federer winning his 5th consecutive Wimbledon isn't all. He's setting records for all the Grandslams. He's closing in on Sampras's record of career Grandslams, he having 14 and Federer having 12. Too add to that list would be something arguably even greater: After winning the 07' Australian Open, he became the 1st player to win three different Grand Slams 3 years in a row. The 1st.

Glad you didn't exclude tennis from the list though. Would have been a mistake. I appreciate it.

hm by the looks of it, sounds like your quite the teniss fan, i dont mind it, it can actually be a very enterntaining sport, just most poeple dont appreciate it

PSN ID: zapasant93

2. Ads

ojo
    Member #
    Friends
    7902-8664-3910-2343
    Federer is my favorite player and I agree that there are many people who do not appreciate the sport of tennis. I love tennis.

Carpe Diem (Seize the day)

Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    im thinking of making a "top ten plays of 2007 " thread tomorow, think itll get some attention here on wiichat?

i dont really wanna waste my time

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by zapasant93
    hm by the looks of it, sounds like your quite the teniss fan, i dont mind it, it can actually be a very enterntaining sport, just most poeple dont appreciate it
    I'm actually quite obsessive, you could say. If I don't have any tennis, or watch tennis for 3 days I start to have withdrawals...

And to everyone saying that tennis isn't interesting, it's probably the hardest mental and physical sport out there. I not only love playing it and watching, but I admire what the sport requires of one's self. One of my favorite quotes is, "Tennis is Chess at 90 mph." It pretty much sums up that you have to have great intelligence/quickness, as well as the body to keep up with the speed and power that he game demands of you.

You also have to mix in the factor that you have no coaches whatsoever. You have to rely on yourself, and only yourself, there's no one to help you. You have to have tons of confidence and self-strength to make it far, and yet you can't be cocky. You can look at the entire history of tennis, and you won't see one player that stayed at #1 for a long period of time who was cocky. Not one. I mention that only because it seems that the majority of Football/Basketball/etc. players seem extremely full of themselves.

These are the reasons why Federer is incredible to me. He does all this, and even though has been losing more then usual lately, still stays humble and content. He's definitely "on another plane", if you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by zapasant93
    im thinking of making a "top ten plays of 2007 " thread tomorow, think itll get some attention here on wiichat?

i dont really wanna waste my time
    If you include something tennis wise (I can help you), go for it man. I can't wait.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    I'm actually quite obsessive, you could say. If I don't have any tennis, or watch tennis for 3 days I start to have withdrawals...

And to everyone saying that tennis isn't interesting, it's probably the hardest mental and physical sport out there. I not only love playing it and watching, but I admire what the sport requires of one's self. One of my favorite quotes is, "Tennis is Chess at 90 mph." It pretty much sums up that you have to have great intelligence/quickness, as well as the body to keep up with the speed and power that he game demands of you.

You also have to mix in the factor that you have no coaches whatsoever. You have to rely on yourself, and only yourself, there's no one to help you. You have to have tons of confidence and self-strength to make it far, and yet you can't be cocky. You can look at the entire history of tennis, and you won't see one player that stayed at #1 for a long period of time who was cocky. Not one. I mention that only because it seems that the majority of Football/Basketball/etc. players seem extremely full of themselves.

These are the reasons why Federer is incredible to me. He does all this, and even though has been losing more then usual lately, still stays humble and content. He's definitely "on another plane", if you will.

If you include something tennis wise (I can help you), go for it man. I can't wait.

im planning on involving as many "known" sports as i can, im starting it tomorow, considering its getting pretty late, but if you can scoop up a great play from the tennis world from 07, it would be much appreciated.

well, im going to plan it out for tomorow *goes to youtube*

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Dolphins's play over Ravens is #1 hands down.

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    Quote Originally Posted by nic7
    Dolphins's play over Ravens is #1 hands down.

no sorry, i already have my #1 pciked out, ide say it but i dont want to ruin it for people who want a surprise, so ill use spoilers

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Spoiler Alert!

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Like everyone viewing this thread didn't just click that spoiler.

Personally, I don't agree with Bonds being made #1 (not because I think tennis deserves to be so highly above it, but because I don't like Bonds and the way he accomplished his goal), but it doesn't make that big of a difference to me.

*EDIT*

I agree with Nic7.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Federer winning his 5th consecutive Wimbledon isn't all. He's setting records for all the Grandslams. He's closing in on Sampras's record of career Grandslams, he having 14 and Federer having 12. Too add to that list would be something arguably even greater: After winning the 07' Australian Open, he became the 1st player to win three different Grand Slams 3 years in a row. The 1st.
    I've been wanting Federer to win the French for soooo long. All four in one year is what he should be aiming for. Damn that Nadal. I love watching Federer play. He's always so composed.

zapasant, good list - well done. It would've taken you a while. I gotta say though, that is so American! Haha, I only knew about 2, 3 and 7.

As for Chris Benoit... I can't believe I used to like him.

Ads