Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by owlsgo
    he had a bad haircut anyway.
    yeah hopefully the next guy has a nice one

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    2429-4615-8570-1814
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidD
    i can't believe someone actually idolized bill gates....
    hes the p0wnz0r he made the best os ever made windows xp and he gave half of his money to charaty thats like 35bill <daaammmmm)

2000 - 2007 DragonForce

Member #
    Friends
    6555-2844-7958-4986
    i don't use win xp but i guess its cool that he donates money to charity.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by killik119
    Indeed, deffinatlely, 100% true. People who say different are just jealous and can't find a reason why windows is better.
    It's a bit myopic to make statements that sandbox computer usage into desktop OS's. Remember there are 10's of thousands of Windows machines running enterprise applications, controlling embedded systems, driving medical equipment, etc., etc.

Apple is a non-presence away from the desktop market.

There are also dozens of engineering, medical, security and research desktop apps that have been developed for Windows - there are people doing amazing, "world improving" work that don't factor in how cool the windows stack or the icons look. While a Mac can boot Windows that effectively renders the "Mac OS is better" argument inert.

I think Apple makes a beautiful piece of equipment - they're not so much overpriced as you get "deluxe" whether you want it or not - you certainly wouldn't want to buy a stripper Lexus LS460 (you'd probably buy a IS350 instead - it's just Apple doesn't offer that model )

Since Apple moved to an Intel based platform the hardware isn't even the thing that makes a Mac a Mac - it's all the OS (especially if you've seen OSX86 installed on a non-Mac machine). The OS doesn't support the toolset I need to support my clients, so I don't use one. If it did, I might very seriously consider one.

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    You know charity donations are tax deductable right.....
    He could give 50billion if he wanted and claim it all back on tax. eg, YOU paid for him to give to charity.

(I'm not 100% sure on how it all works, but as far as I know you CAN claim charity donations on tax).

Still he is/was a champ..to an extent.

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    3480-6187-2679-2938
    [DT], Your post was way too futuristic or something for my mind, it was like "zing". So I'm gonna think that you meant, government offices use windows. Isn't that only because the programs are made for it? If Mac was the original OS, wouldn't it have all the programs/games and what-not?
    Would like a sig to enter here.

I have two personalities: Personality 1/Social/school= Metro/Skate/surf brand clothes and jokes. Personality 2/Wiichat=... Grammer and long words.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by killik119
    [DT], Your post was way too futuristic or something for my mind, it was like "zing". So I'm gonna think that you meant, government offices use windows. Isn't that only because the programs are made for it? If Mac was the original OS, wouldn't it have all the programs/games and what-not?

I don't know what the hell I was talking about

No, seriously, you're totally right - I was pointing out that the world "as is" means Windows has positioned itself in markets outside the target Apple market (i.e., cheap no-frills desktops and servers).

Windows on PC's established itself as the business/engineering/general purpose OS while Mac's were still incredibly expensive and *very* niche (mainly for desktop publishing).

I used to have Amiga PC's (my final was an A2000 with a Video Toaster) and they did the same thing in a even more niche market (desktop video in its infancy).

My comments about Mac's aren't ever really targeted at the capabilities, but more at the market space they occupy. Right now anything other than a windows PC doesn't allow me to do business (both server and development - though the latter I *could* do with a dual boot, but just too much gyration, I'd rather boot-work-hit up a few boards and then go *really* surf ).

FWIW, I had a Plus, an SE and probably another 8-10 of various configs that I owned for the design area of my previous company (I even still have a little SGI Indy box in storage, the older R4000 machine back when SGI was a major hardware player!).

Ads