LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Banned by Syntax for no reason, all subscribed threads and own started threads deleted by Syntax
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4237-4091-4421-2313

Check out these new TV'S!

The TV industry has come a long way, and is still going further!

Sony:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTEt5o_jt30

Panasonic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khb0HUIMZ6Y

Samsung:

Super high "High Definition (source which.co.uk)

Samsung boasted the world’s largest super high ‘high definition’ TV – featuring an incredible resolution of 3840x2160 – that’s double today’s ‘Full HD’ screens.

Sony and Samsung's strength is reliability, and Panasonic's strength is Innovation.
    Panasonic was the Leader because they were the first to make the jump into flat panel's, but Samsung and Sony are clearly closing the gap.
    ----------Banned by Syntax----------

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Singhson
    The TV industry has come a long way, and is still going further!

Super high "High Definition (source which.co.uk)

Samsung boasted the world’s largest super high ‘high definition’ TV – featuring an incredible resolution of 3840x2160 – that’s double today’s ‘Full HD’ screens.

Sony and Samsung's strength is reliability, and Panasonic's strength is Innovation.
    Panasonic was the Leader because they were the first to make the jump into flat panel's, but Samsung and Sony are clearly closing the gap.
    I've been following CES checking out all the new sets, flexible LCD, GIANT screens, etc.

The only thing semi-pointless for a 2160H set for media consumption, is there isn't any! HDM (BD/HD-D) is niche market (<1% total media sales) and we're just barely at mainstream levels of distribution for broadcast HD - both of which are only 720H-1080H.

I suppose the upscaling might be pretty groovy, I'd have to see it in person.

Cool stuff, though, we should see the next big price dump on current gen sets (which are OUTSTANDING) - probably time to score something new for the bedroom
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I read about those OLEDs a few weeks back - they are unbelievable! Samsung have made a 31" model and it's something ridiculous like 3.5/4mm thick. It's not available for purchase, as producing them is too expensive currently, but you can pick up 11" Sony models (possibly Samsung ones as well, I can't remember) - as shown on that YouTube vid.

As with basically what DT said, we're only just getting into 'regular' HD. It's pretty exciting thinking about what they're going to make in future though.

Member #
    Friends
    The 2160 screens would be amazing with a TV-out PC and a powerful graphics card(s).

Member #
    Banned by Syntax for no reason, all subscribed threads and own started threads deleted by Syntax
    Friends
    4237-4091-4421-2313
    I can't even imagine a 2160 resolution would be like, we're just about to make the jump from prehistoric to 1080p, and i heard thats very cool!
    ----------Banned by Syntax----------

Ads