Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch2025
    say there is a 300 pound box to lift. would you go for 2 guys or 2 women? say you need a babysitter for you 8 year old daughter. would you hire a man or woman?
    That might be funny to watch.

See, what'd happen with the two women going to lift the box is that they'd get some guys to do it.

And a man babysitting the 8-year old daughter... HARHAR.
    It's more like the man watching TV while the 8-year old daughter fends for herself.

But my views:
    Phooey on feminism.
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    I believe that some feminists may tend to take it a bit too far. Although, I'm all for equal pay for equal work.

One of the Oceanic 6 TortillaChip520's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    yeah, but the issue w/ pay and insurance is reasonable. women don't get hired because they get pregnant. old men dont get insurance because they have heart attacks.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch2025
    feminists are dumb. period. they dont want to be treated the same. they want to be treated as if they are better. they say that women can do anything a man can. sure i can understand that. but god forbid a man do what a woman does. if they do, they are being sexist. they want men to treat women the same but when guys are talking to eachother, it can get pretty offensive and most women wouldnt want to hear it. men and women are different. something men do women shouldnt and vice versa. say there is a 300 pound box to lift. would you go for 2 guys or 2 women? say you need a babysitter for you 8 year old daughter. would you hire a man or woman?
    it's pretty obvious

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    I don't really know how I feel about feminism, to be honest.
    I don't just support women's rights, I support civil rights in general. It shouldn't stop at gender. If you're going to get on your proverbial soapbox and protest for rights, don't leave anyone out. Don't just be self-interested.

I guess I've never felt...unequal, really, due to my gender.
    I grew up in a household of all women + my father, who treated my mom like a queen and my sisters' and I like princesses. My mom didn't cook or clean (nor did my father...both parents were busy so outside assistance for that stuff was required), so my sisters and I weren't brought up with that inherantly (arguably) female "domestic" quality that feminists have such disdain for and revolt against.

I don't even have the capacity to find scantily clad women in videogames or music videos offensive. It's not something that would EVER cross my mind. So anything like that, or what I talked about above that feminists protest...I honestly can't understand. I can appreciate and respect their arguments, but I can't comprehend them.

There are definitely differences between women and men, though. I can only feel safe in the presence of a man (which means I never feel safe). I could take a self defense class from today until the day I die, and not feel protected enough to, well, be okay. I guess feminists would be upset with me for that.

Okay, I'm gonna stop blabbing now D:
    To summarize, I've never felt discriminated against to my knowledge based on my gender, so I can't really "feel" feminism.
    I've been discriminated against based on my age, ethnicity, and sexuality.
    Last edited by Celeste; 01-26-2008 at 12:23 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    yeah, but the issue w/ pay and insurance is reasonable. women don't get hired because they get pregnant. old men dont get insurance because they have heart attacks.
    How is that reasonable? Why should women be paid less for the same work as men? To me, that makes no sense whatsoever and shouldn't be acceptable in todays society/economy.

Cloverfield's biggest fan M4573RM1ND's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0746-0660-3187-3697
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    argh i hate feminists

"that woman in that video game is too attractive"

that may not be the exact words they use, but it's annoying nonetheless, i mean every guy in all the video games are bulked up

it's like someone going into a restaurant and yelling that their racist for waiting 30 seconds to seat them, as opposed to the 20 seconds to seat the people in front of them
    AURGH! I hate feminists as well! Try reading some stuff at Angry Harry he's got some pretty good stuff up...its all under men's issues I think.

I just turned in an essay yesterday about feminism...I called it, "Feminazi".

Based off of this article
    |ZTP|MP3|Red Steel|GH3|BWii|

BWii- 292 173 525 417
    Brawl- 3179-5744-6744
    MOHH2: Meistergemut

PM me if you add me!

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    I heard a great saying the other day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Some guy
    I'm all for equal opportunities, that's why I let the women work longer hours than the men...

So they can earn as much
    So true!

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Cloverfield's biggest fan M4573RM1ND's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0746-0660-3187-3697
    FEMINISTS ARE NOT FIGHTING FOR EQUAL RIGHTS.

ITS SIMPLY NOT ACHIEVABLE IN THE WAY THEY DEMAND IT. Its a long read, but damn worth it. I know many feminists myself and they are all freaking crazy. I'm no bigot who thinks men need more rights than women, but I think that the way things are balanced now are ok, even being slightly pushed against men. Ok, in many areas, ALOT against men.

Quote Originally Posted by Gikoku
    Yeah, some of them let their personal feelings get in the way and do the talking, instead of using logical sense.
    Thats one thing that bugs me about women in general. Not to be sexist, but from a psychological point of view, women use their emotions ALOT more than reason in decision making. Thats just how they're biologically hardwired. Ask a woman how she feels about something, she can go on forever. Ask a man how he feels, he'd just be like "wha...?" But ask his opinion, he can go on for a long time. Most women I talk to suck at intellectual debates because they can't explain their reasoning, its always "just because thats what's right." But with the guys, they can make sense behind everything. Thats all my personal experience.
    Last edited by The_Mitch; 01-26-2008 at 02:04 PM.
    |ZTP|MP3|Red Steel|GH3|BWii|

BWii- 292 173 525 417
    Brawl- 3179-5744-6744
    MOHH2: Meistergemut

PM me if you add me!

Member #
    Friends
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    A lot of people stereotype feminists to be man haters and such but if a "feminist" is against men then they wouldn't be a feminist, they would just be sexist.

A true feminist would respect men just as much as they respect women.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

Ads