Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    singson your a fool. your talking rubbish... what cars do 60+mpg?? most cars don't even do 40mpg... yes american cars are well known on the whole for not doing that many mpg than others.

Your comments on auto vs manual...

In america the roads are quite straight, and speeds are what, 55mph max? whats the need for a manual? i could do that in second gear in a 1.3l engine. + if there is a lot of traffic, your gunna have to stop and start at lot more, and unless you actually drive, then i doubt you know how much that hurts your left foot after 30 mins.

1 thing i will say is that american cars don't really know how to go around corners :P hence drag racing and nascar *yawns*
    Mac Expert.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    3598-1913-0901-5292
    I live in Britain, it says on the side! West Midlands?
    Well in all your time of living in Britain, have you noticed we actually drive on the left of the road?

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    maybe he meant right as in wrong.
    Mac Expert.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    1 thing i will say is that american cars don't really know how to go around corners :P hence drag racing and nascar *yawns*
    While I definitely agree with your sentiment about NASCAR (and more or less about Drag Racing), there are some US cars that handle spectacularly. FYI, I was just at the 24 Hour race at Daytona, fantastic field of cars from the US, Germany, Italy, Japan, etc.

Anyway, there are cars that are designed to handle, and some that aren't so much, but it's not some domain based on where it sourced.

Corvette/Corvette Z06/Corvette ZR1
    Ford GT
    Dodge SRT Viper/Viper ACR
    Saturn Redline
    Pontiac Soltice GXP
    Caddy CTS-V/CTS-V Coupe
    Neon SRT

These are fantastic performers, and of course the Z06/ZR1/SRT/ACR can perform as well (especially the up-and-coming Corvette ZR1) as any car being made short of a few super-exotics.

Go take a look at any track event around the US nearly any weekend, and you'll see a ton of Domestic cars ripping out great laps right next to the Porsches, Nissans, BMWs, Lotus, etc.

I think some manufacturers like BMW probably have more "sporty" options and a more vertical focus on the sport component of their products (since they offer a much smaller choice vs. some of the bloated US manufacturers like Ford and GM).

"I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    yeah i know about ZR1, it's pretty sweet...
    shame about the GT40 tho... keeps braking down from what i've heard off.
    Mac Expert.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    yeah i know about ZR1, it's pretty sweet...
    shame about the GT40 tho... keeps braking down from what i've heard off.
    Yeah, the ZR1 should be a beast.

The Ford GT seems pretty solid from the owners that post on the Vette Forum. I actually know two folks with 'em around here - one guy's is completely stock, the other guy converted from the OEM PD supercharger to a custom Twin Turbo setup, ~1000HP.

Though neither of them drive the car much - really beautiful design that managed to capture everything that made the original (GT40) great, and at the same time, upgrade it to 21st century technology.

I did a ride around in one at a track, felt terrific, hahaha, though understandably the owner was driving it at about 7/10th's (didn't want to put $150K into a wall).

I know there was a big thing with Jeremy Clarkson buying one, then Lemon Law'ing it, but eventually buying it back (the issue was with the alarm as I recall).
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    0795-8922-4951-2684
    IMPORT FTW!
    my little civic is fast , gas effient , and the engine can last till forever and on top of that its light as helllllllll.

And then i would hae to say American cars are better, there o so sexy , especially the Chevy Nova SS
    NEW JERSEY SSBB PLAYERS COME HERE
    HTML Code:
    http://www.wiichat.com/atlantic-north/55414-new-jersey-ssbb-players-post-here.html

Member #
    Banned by Syntax for no reason, all subscribed threads and own started threads deleted by Syntax
    Friends
    4237-4091-4421-2313
    LOL, you guy's i was trying to start an argument, i love America really!
    Really i'm trying to point out although UK and America speak the same language, our cultures are very different, and this is very visible in our driving too. In the UK we do Rally driving which involves racing tracks through muddy/winter/desert tracks and require cars to be highly tuned in in fuel consumption, acceleration and speed, whereas Americans have nascar, those look pretty cool, but it's a complety different style of racing.
    But i still do think UK vehicle are better, we drive the cars Americans only dream of, LOL, we got GTI'S CDTI, DTI'S, I-CDTI'S, our cars have got it all!
    And thanks Gaz, i did mean right as in wrong!
    Also is customsing vehicle in America big?

Oh yeah and [DT], i did'nt come here for a lecture, plus i don't think you know what your talking about either.

And Gaz, taxi driver work on average 12 hours a day, and your foot hurts after 30 min's, i think your a pansy!
    Btw, Toyota realsed model's ages ago that switch from electric to enigine, maaan, don't they have tv's in Plymouth?
    Last edited by Singhson; 02-05-2008 at 03:59 AM.
    ----------Banned by Syntax----------

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Clarkson had some big problems with his GT40, always braking down and not really usable around england, it's a bit on the wide side.

Singhson, you got any idea what a british car is? most of those GTi's CDTI DTI's etc... are all from germany. British cars are all about crazyness and speed, just take a look at lotus, aieral and ascari. you could even say those caterham 7's.

Those Toyota's we have here, america has as well (i think) and most of them don't actually do 60mpg.

You do know that most taxi's are automatic..
    Mac Expert.

Member #
    Banned by Syntax for no reason, all subscribed threads and own started threads deleted by Syntax
    Friends
    4237-4091-4421-2313
    Wrong mate? Private Hire taxi's are ALL manual!
    All taxi's driver's know to well about clutche problems with automatics, they need replacing much quicker than manuals too!
    Plus to be British cars they don't have to be made in England!
    ----------Banned by Syntax----------

Ads