Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Dal
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8085-7630-2439-1842
    If I was the kid who had the gun pointed at him, I'd take it, aim at his crotch and say, "OK, I'll trade you my pokeman cards for your nuts"....Not really.

That kid is a freak! I can't wait to see what he's gonna do for Pokemon DP.

^Thanks Monsteroids^

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by +Maniacal=Maniac+
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=KM3nMfvoj34

I Don't Know Which Is Worse...
    Damn Maniac, I believe that one is worse.

Seriously though, I wonder why kids these days are so obsessed with just cards.

Old Signature

"I don't mean to seem like I care about material things, like a social status."

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    And this obsession over cards only worries me about what they will do in the future if they don't stop or receive help. Scaring people for cards is hopefully the first and last steps this child takes in terms of violence.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Dal
    Member #
    Friends
    8085-7630-2439-1842
    I think the kid will rob Toys-R-Us eventually.

^Thanks Monsteroids^

Member #
    Friends
    Woah, addicted much?

Thanks to TwilightSky of Brawl Central for sig!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    It's hardly only American...and don't lump a single problem child with an entire country.
    Almost every week now I hear about yet another school / college shooting in America. America is also the country with a famous fetish for gun ownership. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy
    Yeah, so lets make it illegal so that all the guns that remain are the unregistered ones in the hands of thugs and murderers.
    So? By that logic, we should legalise all hard drugs like cocaine and heroin, since at the moment most drugs are in the hands of drug dealers, thugs, criminals etc. In fact, why not legalise everything? By definition, if something is illegal, the people who do have that thing are lawbreakers.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    Almost every week now I hear about yet another school / college shooting in America. America is also the country with a famous fetish for gun ownership. Coincidence?
    You obviously think you have a solution... I'd be glad to hear it.

So? By that logic, we should legalise all hard drugs like cocaine and heroin, since at the moment most drugs are in the hands of drug dealers, thugs, criminals etc. In fact, why not legalise everything? By definition, if something is illegal, the people who do have that thing are lawbreakers.
    You must be joking, if this is your argument, haha, I'm not even going to bother.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by blueovalboy7
    You obviously think you have a solution... I'd be glad to hear it.
    I would have thought the solution was implied, or is the thought of not owning a gun too shocking for you to even think about?

@ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Just remembered something I meant to say in the first place, how do you suggest an entire country goes about removing firearms from every household in the nation? Got an answer for that one?

I would never give up my right to own a gun, there are multiple reasons for owning firearms in America, and (correct me if I'm wrong) you have no first hand experience with the states do you?

My purpose for my firearms is hunting, I don't really care what people think of it, I was brought up with hunting as a part of my life, and thus I will not give up my guns. Also many people own smaller firearms for personal protection from muggers, rapists, and other criminals. Recreation is the last purpose for firearms, the least justified of the 3, it still does no harm to shoot paper targets.

Oh and BTW did you even pay attention to the fact that it was in fact an airsoft gun, not even a real firearm.

Also the responsibility lies with the parents, if parents would step up and be responsible the number of incidents would decrease.

EDIT: I'd be interested in Squall's take on this topic.
    Last edited by blueovalboy7; 02-12-2008 at 03:57 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by blueovalboy7
    Just remembered something I meant to say in the first place, how do you suggest an entire country goes about removing firearms from every household in the nation? Got an answer for that one?

I would never give up my right to own a gun, there are multiple reasons for owning firearms in America, and (correct me if I'm wrong) you have no first hand experience with the states do you?

My purpose for my firearms is hunting, I don't really care what people think of it, I was brought up with hunting as a part of my life, and thus I will not give up my guns. Also many people own smaller firearms for personal protection from muggers, rapists, and other criminals. Recreation is the last purpose for firearms, the least justified of the 3, it still does no harm to shoot paper targets.

Oh and BTW did you even pay attention to the fact that it was in fact an airsoft gun, not even a real firearm.

Also the responsibility lies with the parents, if parents would step up and be responsible the number of incidents would decrease.

EDIT: I'd be interested in Squall's take on this topic.
    To answer your three reasons to own a gun:
    1. Protection: your only strong case to own a gun, but there are countries (e.g. Japan) which get along fine without them, suggesting you don't need to answer violence with more violence.
    2. Hunting: I think hunting and other bloodsports are abhorrent, so I'm equally inclined not to care.
    3. Recreation: If you're bored, play a video game or something.

Ads