+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by Singhson
    "sremick", , thanks for the lecture, does anyone even listen to you? Because i didn't, so you just wasted all of that typing. I hope i never get so lame that i have to give random people on the net English lectures on game forums.
    Well, I read his posts for one. He's an intelligent guy who comes up with some good stuff. You obviously read his post if you're commenting on it.

Lets leave the flaming behind us and keep on track shall we?

I haven't currently got an encryption set up, however not many technical people on my local town and no stories of fraud or anything in local area. Hell, we have a high teen pregnancy and car theft rate, I don't thing chavs have the capacity to know what WEP is.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch2025
    (i forget what the name of the filesystem is. its like NFS or something (not NTFS because macs cant write to NTFS)
    MacOS X uses the HSF+ filesystem. NFS isn't so much a traditional file system (although that's what the "FS" stands for) as it is a protocol for accessing a file system over a network.

So you could have a Mac with an HSF file system and my FreeBSD PC with a UFS file system and you could run an NFS server so I could mount a share off your system onto my system.

Not much can write to NTFS, at least not reliably. Blame that on the jerkoffs at Microsoft for insisting on keeping it closed, undocumented, and proprietary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    MacOS X uses the HSF+ filesystem. NFS isn't so much a traditional file system (although that's what the "FS" stands for) as it is a protocol for accessing a file system over a network.

So you could have a Mac with an HSF file system and my FreeBSD PC with a UFS file system and you could run an NFS server so I could mount a share off your system onto my system.

Not much can write to NTFS, at least not reliably. Blame that on the jerkoffs at Microsoft for insisting on keeping it closed, undocumented, and proprietary.
    thats it. HFS. the reason i made a 30 gig parition formated to HFS on my external is because i need it so i can write files on it from my mac and it can support files over 4 gigs. also with macDRIVE i can write and read the HFS filesystem on my windows PC.

anyways back on topic. what encryption method would you suggest? i want it to be secure but also let my DS and Wii connect.

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch2025
    anyways back on topic. what encryption method would you suggest? i want it to be secure but also let my DS and Wii connect.
    none < WEP < WPA+TKIP < WPA+AES < WPA2+TKIP < WPA2+AES

Not sure what the DS supports... I know the Wii supports WPA2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    4696-9506-1293-4489
    Quote Originally Posted by idjut
    i live in a very rural area... no encryption for me!
    Same here. I have no reason to encrypt my wi-fi. So I don't bother doing it.
    If you're a wrestling fan, come check out .Org Wrestling Discussion. One of the friendliest wrestling forums on the net. Everyone welcome just follow the link below...

http://z14.invisionfree.com/orgwrestling

Ads