LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    Home schooling basically means the kid is missing out on a social life, hence they don't learn about working and interacting with other people (a pretty essential skill in most jobs).
    Popular misconception. Homeschool kids normally know how to interact with people better then Government School kids- I have never gotten a handshake from anyone that wasn't homeschooled. Its a pity how demonized Homeschooling is, I feel its really the best way to go at this point in time, because of the failure of the Government education.

I have been homeschooled my whole life, and I like it. I don't have any distractions to school which is good I think, though I am self taught now, my teachers can focus on me alone, instead of a class of too many kids.

Social life is no problem for homeschoolers, many are a part of a homeschool group that meets regularly, and most use email, texting, etc just like anyone else nowadays. I and many others work outside of the home too, so I do know many people.
    Wii Owner as of 12/16/07!

Spoiler Alert!

MoH H2 tag: The LS
    LoZ PH FC: 0130 0362 6335
    MKDS FC: 4896 9289 5833
    Please PM if you add me.

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Hah, I went to a public school and still managed to turn out antisocial. I'm the eldest, so I haven't been chucked in with a bunch of kids before, and I never really got used to it. In fact, I just don't get along with a lot of people, it's just your preference. Seeing as I was never so loud I could never talk to the teachers, and my social skills with adults absolutely perished there.

I think I'll write more later, busy now. D:
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by The L.S
    Popular misconception. Homeschool kids normally know how to interact with people better then Government School kids- I have never gotten a handshake from anyone that wasn't homeschooled. Its a pity how demonized Homeschooling is, I feel its really the best way to go at this point in time, because of the failure of the Government education.

I have been homeschooled my whole life, and I like it. I don't have any distractions to school which is good I think, though I am self taught now, my teachers can focus on me alone, instead of a class of too many kids.

Social life is no problem for homeschoolers, many are a part of a homeschool group that meets regularly, and most use email, texting, etc just like anyone else nowadays. I and many others work outside of the home too, so I do know many people.
    Nice, thoughtful reply from someone with hands on experience. I have some interest in this for the future, so I think this is a terrific thread! I'm waiting for dakuda's perspective on this since [s]he is a teacher.
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple Guy
    Why is drugs in school so bigged up
    I can state for a fact no on in my school does drugs
    To be honest I don't see why people care if drugs are in the school or not, just don't get involved and it won't affect you.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudski
    To be honest I don't see why people care if drugs are in the school or not, just don't get involved and it won't affect you.
    Exactly. And I seriously doubt no one does drugs in your school Apple Guy. Unless you're in elementary school, because in high school at times all I can smell is pot.
    Come Together.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger
    I think I'll write more later, busy now. D:
    Oh hell, I STOPPED MYSELF FROM ASKING WHAT YOU WERE DOING. D:

Aaaaand, I go to a semi-prestigious private school. It's not a prep school, no, but we definitely have a much higher *standard* than the GRPS...

Anyway, I think they're the best option. The best trade-off between sociability and one-on-one education.

Member #
    Friends
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger
    Hah, I went to a public school and still managed to turn out antisocial.
    Exactly, I'm the same way. I've never been homeschooled, yet I'm still remarkably socially awkward. I can't even carry on MSN conversations very well, let alone in person ones. I'm uncomfortable around people, I hate being center of attention, etc etc. I also am kinda clingy to my family and enjoy being home more than anywhere else. So it looks like I have all the stereotypical characteristics of a home-schooled child without ever being one

EDIT: I actually begged my mom at one point to homeschool me, but she a) thought I was crazy, and b) is way too busy.
    Last edited by Celeste; 02-21-2008 at 02:53 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    homeschooled kids seem to be a little strange according to the people i've met that are homeschooled at least.

formerly known as wii-fi

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    deleted
    Last edited by dakuda; 01-08-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by dakuda
    I could go on for hours. I really don't want to. They both have good and bad points. I prefer the one that keeps me employed.
    Thanks. I was looking forward to your contribution!
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Ads