Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Tattoo

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevwen
    Actually I just chose to ignore it. "A phrase that uses Monkey to describe a situation involving Donkey Kong? BRILLIANT!"
    Yea no thanks.

!S
    You missed it *again* - oh well, thanks for playing, you'll be receiving a copy of WiiChat Home Edition.

It'll be Donkey Kong, with his red tie, on my arm. It'll be covered by short sleeve shirts, and won't even affect my life besides making me smile any time I see it.
    [re: underlined] That's an excellent option! - it's let's you have ink without committing to +potentially+ having a conflict down the road.

I found in my current enterprise, that having the option of easily covering/removing body modifications that could introduce a "distraction" (for lack of better terms) on the part of our clients is a big plus!

I don't think it's compromising either - it's just accommodating the most flexible personal and business lifestyle!

Good luck with it if you decide to do it - make SURE you go to a reputable shop.
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2405-6575-0116-3326
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT]
    You missed it *again* - oh well, thanks for playing, you'll be receiving a copy of WiiChat Home Edition.

Good luck with it if you decide to do it - make SURE you go to a reputable shop.
    Wait... Is there some phrase involving "monkey on my back" that means something different than having a problem / situation that you regret and you want to *finger-quote* get a monkey off my back *finger quote* that I don't know about? Cause I only know that one, and I got it...
    the first time

And I've already got a reputable place/person picked out for it. He's done a lot of work for my friends, so Its someone that I trust and its a place that I like.
    Its actually where I got my piercing, so I know its clean and all that.

Thanks for the support

!S

Member #
    Friends
    And I've already got a reputable place/person picked out for it. He's done a lot of work for my friends, so Its someone that I trust and its a place that I like.
    Its actually where I got my piercing, so I know its clean and all that.

Thanks for the support

!S
    That good, that's usually like 75% of the problem - I watch LA Ink on occasion, and I've seen a few of the attempts at correcting poorly done tattoos (usually looks +better+ afterward, but still a far cry from good).

I usually just dig on tribal/monotone work, but if you did just one bit of one other color (like the red tie), and left everything else tribal, that might be real interesting.

FWIW, I have probably another on deck here pretty soon

(like they say, "one too many and two is not enough")
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    0820-0731-5020-1365
    Awww..... When I saw the mushroom... I kinda want one. But I dont think I'd want a permanent one.

The tattoo with the gameboy and arrows on the guy's stomach kinda looks like it was drawn by a 10 yr old.... Kinda feel bad for that dude.

Re. the topic

I would never get a DK or any game character tattooed on my arm. (unless of course one of them saves my life or something. Who knows? Never say never..)

But, considering how much DK means to you, why not? Its your skin.
    and I don't think having a DK tattoo would be a horrible idea (see ripley's believe it or not for horrible ideas concerning tattoo's. ex. Guy wanting to turn into a tiger.) since he's pretty widely known.

But just wanted you to keep in mind that most girls don't like guy's who are obsessed with games. I know you aren't obsessed with DK or anything. But, that tattoo might send the wrong message, cuz one look might not give you any time at all to explain the "story" behind it.

Finally decided to get a wii,
    the only right decision I've ever made:
    2-15-08

Member #
    Friends
    2405-6575-0116-3326
    Quote Originally Posted by dragongirl
    I know you aren't obsessed with DK or anything. But, that tattoo might send the wrong message, cuz one look might not give you any time at all to explain the "story" behind it.
    Not much of a story, and thats partially what I like about it so much.

I just like DK, and it feels like the right tattoo for me and my personality.

Plus if any girl wasn't ok with the Kong, then they aren't ok by me.

!S

Thanks to Manred for the Sig
    Brawl Friend Code is
    3652-0199-5002 Stvwn
    !S

Member #
    Friends
    2405-6575-0116-3326
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT]
    That good, that's usually like 75% of the problem - I watch LA Ink on occasion, and I've seen a few of the attempts at correcting poorly done tattoos (usually looks +better+ afterward, but still a far cry from good).

I usually just dig on tribal/monotone work, but if you did just one bit of one other color (like the red tie), and left everything else tribal, that might be real interesting.
    Actually thats exactly what I had in mind: Thick black lines, with just the red of the tie filled in. That way if I changed my mind later I could get him all browned out, but chances are it would look best just as it was.

I sketched it all out, and even had one of my more artistic friends doodle it onto my arm where I want it, and it looked really good IMHO. And everyone I showed it to gave me thumbs up and "F*@$in DO it dude"

So that'll probably be what happens in the next couple months... I'll make sure to get some pictures up.

!S

Brawl Friend Code is
    3652-0199-5002 Stvwn
    !S

Member #
    Friends
    2405-6575-0116-3326

Oh Shit

Just got my tax return...

Which means that next step is getting my tattoo.

I'm stoked. Anyone wanna try and talk me out of it?
    Thought so. :P

I'll put up some pics soon
    !S

Brawl Friend Code is
    3652-0199-5002 Stvwn
    !S

Member #
    Friends
    Looking forward to seeing it

+ Reply to Thread