No matter how much I adore the English accent, I don't think I want to pick it up.Originally Posted by Happy
I'm Korean in a white family, to give background...Major questions I have...
- Do you identify more with one race than the other?
- Do you feel you're lacking a real ethnic identity?
- Do/did your parents' families have issues with the interracial relationship?
- Do you appear "ethnically ambiguous", and/or do people often ask your background?
- If you resembling one race more than the other, do you resent/appreciate/feel indifferent about it?
- Do you ever wish to deattach from one race?
-I regard myself as white, I am only Asian when it's myg enes, or I'm filling out a standardized test.
-Sometimes, yes. I like my whitey culture, but sometimes I wish I had a few more things from Korea. Bilingual would be so much fun.
-Well I'm IN a interracial relationship...and I think *my* parents always assumed I'd marry white. Her mother...My Americanness will take precedence over my ethnicity, I think.
-I like where I am right here. (y)