Just incase, y'all, here's a definition.
I'm really interested in biracial issues. I'm intrigued by race in general.biracial adj. Of, for, or consisting of members of two races. Having parents of two different races
So is anyone here besides me biracial? Where are your parents from?
...and I'm not exactly refering to "well, my mom's ancestors from 50 billion years ago are Scottish, and my dad's are Irish", just incase the definition didn't make that clear.
Major questions I have...
- Do you identify more with one race than the other?
- Do you feel you're lacking a real ethnic identity?
- Do/did your parents' families have issues with the interracial relationship?
- Do you appear "ethnically ambiguous", and/or do people often ask your background?
- If you resembling one race more than the other, do you resent/appreciate/feel indifferent about it?
- Do you ever wish to deattach from one race?
And for those of you who this topic doesn't pertain to, add anything you want if you feel inclined.