LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41
    WiiChat Member ARav989's Avatar
    Member #
    8001
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Joisey 0_o
    Posts
    1,204
    Friends
    3
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6597-7058-7157-6973
    Exactly my point, learning the sniping system and mastering how to take everything into account is extremely hard. Not something I'd want to learn but it is still interesting.

    I've been firing rifles and handguns for about a year now. As you can see, I already know a lot about weapons (Still have a lot to learn though). My mom does not like weapons such as a shotgun or handgun at all. She goes insane and thinks my dad has corrupted my thoughts.

    Every month or so, my dad takes me to the range and I fire anything and everything I can within my dad's budget.

    When I turn of age, I am definitely buying a handgun. Learing about weapons and using them has always been a hobby of mine

    I'll be back later. Lmao, going to play Brawl with my friend.


    "We've all been down this path before
    You're trapped in this town
    And it wears you down
    When we leave today maybe you'll understand
    That this constant struggle isn't always in the palm of our hands."

  2. #42
    They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    25098
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,450
    Friends
    20
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Samus101
    I've held a REAL M4, M249, M240B, and a sniper rifle (can't remember which one it was).
    Yes, but have you fired any of them?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARav989
    Exactly my point, learning the sniping system and mastering how to take everything into account is extremely hard. Not something I'd want to learn but it is still interesting.

    I've been firing rifles and handguns for about a year now. As you can see, I already know a lot about weapons (Still have a lot to learn though). My mom does not like weapons such as a shotgun or handgun at all. She goes insane and thinks my dad has corrupted my thoughts.

    Every month or so, my dad takes me to the range and I fire anything and everything I can within my dad's budget.

    When I turn of age, I am definitely buying a handgun. Learing about weapons and using them has always been a hobby of mine

    I'll be back later. Lmao, going to play Brawl with my friend.
    If I were to do anything in the military it would be to be a sniper, so it interests me greatly.

    I've taken marksmanship classes, and I've put enough rounds down range to know what I'm doing.

    I don't go to the range often, but when I do, I only use handguns that I would consider purchasing, too bad they don't have any deagles to rent where I go, because I would definitely be interested in one of those. Specifically the Desert Eagle Mark XIX chambered in the .50 Action Express, but I would settle for the .44 Magnum considering ammo would be cheaper.
    Last edited by blueovalboy7; 03-11-2008 at 11:52 PM.


  3. #43
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Ninja Stars!

    Quote Originally Posted by ARav989
    Ah...The Steyr AUG and the M14.

    I really think that Bullpup design on that rifle is a great idea. Some people don't really like it because all of the weight is in the stock, unlike more accurate rifles where the inside mechanics are centered in the middle. Overall, I think it's a great weapon. It was rated number 7 on a list of the world's greatest rifles. That's a great accomplishment!

    The M14, a beautiful firearm..I really need to do more research on that weapon though. I know very little about it except for it's design and reloading system...
    i just watched a thing on the history channel about the M16 and it gave some insight on the m14, ill try to fill you in a bit.
    it was designed as a more modern, better, version of the M1 garand. the army wanted it to be the next standard issued weapon. the problem with it mainly was the recoil on it, it was suppose to be fired in full auto but only highly skilled marksman could handle it on full auto so it was used for single shot by regular soldiers. then the army was studying field combat and they realized the average soldier fires at an enemy when theyre so far away (300 yards or something? idK) and that meant the m14 was total overkill in range. the m16 was first rejected but through out all this happening it started to look more and more attractive to the army. hope i helped a little on its history.
    Last edited by Sovieto; 03-11-2008 at 11:55 PM.

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  4. #44
    You're kidding, right? Minto's Avatar
    Member #
    8233
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,232
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0505-6993-9515-7982
    Fire!!!!!!!!!
    Steam ID: Mintoisking
    Xbox live GT: Sir Minto
    PSN ID: Mintoisgod

  5. #45
    They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    25098
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,450
    Friends
    20
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    Ninja Stars!


    i just watched a thing on the history channel about the M16 and it gave some insight on the m14, ill try to fill you in a bit.
    it was designed as a more modern, better, version of the M1 garand. the army wanted it to be the next standard issued weapon. the problem with it mainly was the recoil on it, it was suppose to be fired in full auto but only highly skilled marksman could handle it on full auto so it was used for single shot by regular soldiers. then the army was studying field combat and they realized the average soldier fires at an enemy when theyre so far away (300 yards or something? idK) and that meant the m14 was total overkill in range. the m16 was first rejected but through out all this happening it started to look more and more attractive to the army. hope i helped a little on its history.
    Speaking of M1 Garands, my buddies dad has one and I've fired it, quite fun, and to be honest not very accurate, I was disappointed in its performance. Hence the reason to move to the M14, which is a nice rifle, just not really my style.

  6. #46
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by blueovalboy7
    Speaking of M1 Garands, my buddies dad has one and I've fired it, quite fun, and to be honest not very accurate, I was disappointed in its performance. Hence the reason to move to the M14, which is a nice rifle, just not really my style.
    heh ive seen a m1 garand, a civil war musket (i think a brown bess or something), and a full auto ak-47 (illegal, of course, heheh). but i didnt get to fire any, they were in a dudes basement for show. ive never fired a gun.

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  7. #47
    They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    25098
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,450
    Friends
    20
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    heh ive seen a m1 garand, a civil war musket (i think a brown bess or something), and a full auto ak-47 (illegal, of course, heheh). but i didnt get to fire any, they were in a dudes basement for show. ive never fired a gun.
    Well that just sucks.

    I also was able to fire about 5 rounds through a friends .50 caliber rifle, very similar to this, the McMillan TAC-50 which was the model of rifle used by a Canadian sniper in Afghanistan to record the world's longest confirmed kill with a weapon of this type, a 2,657 yard shot, that is just over a mile and a half, or for those on the metric system 2,430 meters.



    Firing that rifle is by far my most exhilarating moment using a firearm, I shot through a 55 gallon drum of solid concrete, and on a different shot I fired through a telephone pole, twas simply... amazing.
    Last edited by blueovalboy7; 03-12-2008 at 12:30 AM.


  8. #48
    You're kidding, right? Minto's Avatar
    Member #
    8233
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,232
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0505-6993-9515-7982
    im chaging mine to the FALCON PUNCH!!!!!!1
    Steam ID: Mintoisking
    Xbox live GT: Sir Minto
    PSN ID: Mintoisgod

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts