LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Obviously the man pays. Or should at least be prepared to pay. Fair enough if the lady wants to pay (not that one should let her), but the man should always have in mind that there is an extremely good chance that he is paying! Like Bliss', the missus doesn't pay for anything.

It shows many qualities paying for things, and will always do you good, even if she did ask you out. Since you agreed, you must like her, and if you like her, then you should pay.

Member #
    Friends
    3490-4044-0717-0127
    The man almost always pays unless the woman insists, but even then I let her decline my wanting to pay at least once, usually twice. Her asking you on a date is confusing on the matter. If it were me I would automatically pick up the bill and let her refute it (if she had planned to pay). But you have to becareful of the feminists, if you were to take the bill after she asked you out, you might lose a hand.
    Smash Code: 2707-1324-3079
    Game Name: Clay

MidWest Region (will accept other regions)
    PM me with your code so I know to add you.

Is A Diddy Kong User. Fire Flower's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2617-4361-9813-7619
    Well, My first post said that,
    I would pay if she insisted to or if I asked, If not, then I would like to share the bill, instead of the steryotipe choice of the man always having to pay.

A lot of you are saying the man just should. Why? Do woman not make money for them selfs? Do we think they don't have any money?

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Member #
    Friends
    7873-0687-2774-9405
    Well out of old-fashion(but still in fashion even now) curtisy the guy is supposed to pay or if the girl suggested to split the bill in half then that can work too.

Member #
    Friends
    3490-4044-0717-0127
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Flower

A lot of you are saying the man just should. Why? Do woman not make money for them selfs? Do we think they don't have any money?

It's called chivalry, much like opening a door or pulling out a seat for a lady, yes they can do all these on thier own, but it's just part of the dating dance. There are deeper psychological reasonings for these, but we'll just leave it at it is what it is. Partly due to tradition partly due to biological make up. But again I reiterate, whatch out for those feminist, it could ruine the whole night if you open a door or pay for a meal. Personally I wouldn't want to mess with those types anyway. So I would just pick up the bill every time and assume your going to pay. You should continue to do so if you want to continue to go on dates. Maybe your confused, but so is the rest of the men in the world some things just don't make alot of sense, like why does a woman present you problems of thiers if they don't want them to be solved... It don't make sense but it is what it is and if you just go with it, things will be easier on you.

Is A Diddy Kong User. Fire Flower's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2617-4361-9813-7619
    I don't mind paying, I can make money easily.
    It's just when they don't think of helping.

I guess I'm that kind of guy.

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Member #
    Friends
    7584-1766-4453-7887
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewi T
    It shows many qualities paying for things, and will always do you good, even if she did ask you out. Since you agreed, you must like her, and if you like her, then you should pay.
    It shows qualities in you but it also shows some in the person your on a date with. It may be chivalry for the man to pay but when was that word invented? Early 50s? Earlier?? I mean sure women would love not paying, but if this was a regular thing the man would start to get PO. It is just sexism all over again, hiding it in a layer of "chivalry".
    "It is proper to not let your "woman" pay since she doesn't have the means to do so."
    Let her pay for half.

Member #
    Friends
    Call me ungentlemanly all you like, but chivalry is a code of conduct for knights in the middle ages, and this is the 21st century. Women are more likely to have jobs now, and therefore be able to pay the bill. So the argument that it's because women can't afford to pay is really outdated.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    well, what did you get out of it? the whole idea of paying for dinner and such is to just get in their pants...

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    3490-4044-0717-0127
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    Call me ungentlemanly all you like, but chivalry is a code of conduct for knights in the middle ages, and this is the 21st century. Women are more likely to have jobs now, and therefore be able to pay the bill. So the argument that it's because women can't afford to pay is really outdated.
    Well it's worked for me so far. And I never argued that women can't afford thier own things, but your more likely to end up taking them home with you if you do act like your in the "middle ages". All women like to be independent and able bodied, but most (not all women) like to know you can take care of them, paying for something is a stepping stone in that direction. You are certainly able to continue ungentlmanly acts if you want, if they work for you great. Just not how I do things.

Ads