+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^That was rather good.

It still amazes me how great of a sales ploy this is. They've combined the most widely known board game with actual prizes and addictivity through collection. Brilliant.

I'll always be pro-fast food, but I can hardly choke down McDonalds. If Burger King of Wendy's were to have one, I would surely win.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Awesome, I never Win but it doesn't hurt trying...oh wait it does

Seriously though, me and a few friends will probably put some of our stuff together to improve our chances.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    I've never played it.. or attempted to, I hardly eat at McDonald's. Wendy's, Burger King, Subway... But no McDee's.. I'll maybe buy something sometime soon, just to see what everyones talking about.
    Come Together.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    This would make for a terrific debate thread. If only we had a forum for that kind of stuff...

Hint Hint

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Well make me a mod and I'll move it. *hint hint*

Anyway, Burger King is as bad as McDonald's, health-wise. Don't kid yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I really hope you weren't referring to me.

Yeah, I'm that one kid thats striving to become ~250 lbs of lean muscle mass. Burger King is a perfect meal for me. Period.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    How does a meal overflowing with saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium help to build lean muscle mass?

Just curious. Since even just a Whopper w/ cheese contains 18 GRAMS of saturated fat. (49g of fat total).

Most body builders are striving for high-protein, low-fat. You know, the "lean" of "lean muscle mass".
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    This would make for a terrific debate thread.
    If the debate is whether or not fast food like McDonalds and Burger King is healthy or not - there's no debate - it's a medical and scientific fact it isn't.

It may help you load up with calories, but there are a number of peripheral, negative side effects beyond just the calorie count.
    Last edited by [DT]; 03-18-2008 at 05:05 PM.
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    How does a meal overflowing with saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium help to build lean muscle mass?

Just curious. Since even just a Whopper w/ cheese contains 18 GRAMS of saturated fat. (49g of fat total).

Most body builders are striving for high-protein, low-fat. You know, the "lean" of "lean muscle mass".
    There is no 'average' bodybuilder. Everyone has different body types. I am an ectomorph. I must consume over 6,000 calories on a daily basis to gain just a small amount of weight. Fast food is packed with calories, protein and carbs, which is everything I need in a meal. And just for your general knowledge, you don't put on lean muscle mass, you achieve it. Its nearly impossible to gain muscle without gaining fat, which is why many lifters go through bulk and cut cycles; bulk the muscle on along with the fat, cut the fat off while losing minimal muscle.

I'm not very educated on the health aspect of this, but it is of less concern to me. Once I reach my maintenance weight I suppose I'll worry about that. Does cardiovascular exercise help undo those effects?

EDIT: Sorry for going off topic. I'll be done now.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    I'm not very educated on the health aspect of this, but it is of less concern to me.
    Body building with no regard or interest on body health? Interesting philosophy.

Does cardiovascular exercise help undo those effects?
    Only to a certain extent. You're operating under a few misunderstandings:

1) Everything negative done to your body can be (easily) undone

2) A high fat, high sodium, high cholesterol diet is the only way to get a lot of protein

I'm well aware of the "build up the bulk, burn off the fat" theory but why create such a massive amount of extra work for yourself by finding the absolute worse sources of protein you can?

Let me put it in terms that might directly interest you:

- A high-sodium diet causes high blood pressure. More fluid is retained in the blood vessels. As a result, your heart has to work all the harder to pump blood to the tissues of your body. This has a negative effect on your workout. Hypertension also increases your chances of heart attacks and strokes.

- Too much cholesterol causes fatty deposits to build up in your arteries. This restricts blood flow making it hard for your muscles (and your heart) to get the oxygen they need. This increases the chance of a heart attack. Decreased blood to the brain increases your chance of a stroke.

How exactly are those beneficial to a bodybuilding workout?

If you need a lot of protein, fine: bulk up on eggs, lean meat (pork, fish, chicken). Heck you can get 95+% lean red meat.

Ads