Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Nice comparison. The similarities are quite spectacular.[/sarcasm]

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    The odds McDonald's posts aren't technically bogus, and even if they were, it wouldn't be because people just throw them out...

They send different pieces to different regions of the country, atleast thats how it works in the US. If I were to get the two 'easy pieces' here in Ohio, I might be able to go to California and find the third piece, because it would be one of the 'easy pieces' there.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    They send different pieces to different regions of the country, atleast thats how it works in the US. If I were to get the two 'easy pieces' here in Ohio, I might be able to go to California and find the third piece, because it would be one of the 'easy pieces' there.
    What proof of that do you have?

If that were true, people would be gaming the system all the time, mailing the missing pieces back and forth across the company (the value of many of the prizes is a lot more than the cost of a plane ticket). It'd also interfere with the fact that there are a fixed number of each prize available.

Example: last round there were only thirty $10,000 prizes available for getting Kentucky Avenue, Indiana Avenue and Illinois Avenue. Unless you only make one "winning" piece of a set rare, how does one ensure there will only be 30 winners of a given prize?

If all pieces are "common" somewhere, then there'll be too many winners. That's not how it works.

Wikipedia backs me up yet again:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonal...ly#Rare_pieces
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads