Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    -7 female members

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    All the australians, except for gpole, plus AT?.

Dave, you need to come over. You haven't been at my house for what....8 years?

Yeaah. Your house gets too boring after a while.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Not this weekend, I'm well busy.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by AndThen? View Post
    Not this weekend, I'm well busy.
    That hardly matters, I can wait for another 2 or 3 years if adequate.

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    LOL.... why wouldnt you want GPole? He could...go diving for little children....

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

JP Photobook Expert Liger_zero9999's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodine View Post
    -7 female members
    this guy's on the ball!

Japan 2008 Trip : Totally worth it
    Japan 2009 Trip : Never going to forget the memories

Australia 2010: Importing Nissan V35 350GT Skyline Complete
    Japan 2011: November -> December 2011 Complete

Japan 2012 -> 2070: job hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Nori-chan
    i think if i was teaching you,you start thinking something else,and it would make it harder for you to learn!

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Why have people ignored this question? :/

Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing View Post
    I have a question for all of you that are in college/university and beyond.

When did you know what you wanted to do with your life, and what events/information helped you come to that conclusion?

I will never understand the people that say they 'just knew' what they wanted to major in. I have no idea what I want to do and it's getting to the point where I shouldn't be saying "No worries, that's a long way off" anymore. Because I'm in a Post-Secondary program, I pretty much need to know what I'm going into before my first year of college, because I'll already have most of my generic classes done with. I generally enjoy the social sciences more than most other subjects, but I just don't see those as being reliable jobs. I also like writing, but I'm not educated enough in a specific topic to write books, and I also don't like the idea of getting payed according to my performance as a writer and not through a reliable rate, which scares me. I don't know, I guess I'm just worried because my cousin is in the exact same situation I am except he's going to college next year, and I don't want that to be me.
    I've never been good at anything that can be involved in a routine, if I do get a job in art, I'll most likely not get paid on a consistent basis. I hate that. Another thing I hate is that I'm not good enough to draw on a one off and get paid a crap load of money. So, with that, I really don't know what I'm going to end up doing. I know how to draw, but I'm not experienced in everything enough, like I'm just starting to draw in Photoshop.

People have thrown illustrator, graphics designer, ARTIST (which is the worst and most vague term you could ever use), fashion designer and teacher at me, but I don't excel in ANY of those requirements. I'm sure I could do if I was dedicated to one of them, but I don't want to be. I just want to draw. SO, I've disregarded that as my career choice, but I'm still chasing some make believe dream by taking an art course in university. I haven't figured out which though. I probably should, seeing as I'm doing a foundation degree next year. I hate universities around here, none of them are assed with art either.

I'll end up taking every job that I'm given. My aunty was in the same situation, but she dropped out at college and went for the inspiring career of a secretary in an opticians. Eventually they gave her a course in it, and now she's an actual optician. She has a nice car too. Maybe I'll strike lucky somehow.

I think I'm going to university because I'm bored and it's the thing to do.
    I love you, Adam.

JP Photobook Expert Liger_zero9999's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001

When did you know what you wanted to do with your life, and what events/information helped you come to that conclusion?

I still dont know exactly what i want to do with my life. i want to be out of this country by the time i am 30. and have a stable job and family. other than that. i dont know

Japan 2008 Trip : Totally worth it
    Japan 2009 Trip : Never going to forget the memories

Australia 2010: Importing Nissan V35 350GT Skyline Complete
    Japan 2011: November -> December 2011 Complete

Japan 2012 -> 2070: job hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Nori-chan
    i think if i was teaching you,you start thinking something else,and it would make it harder for you to learn!

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025

After I had trudged through the first 4yrs of highschool unsure of what to do, each of my art teachers opened my eyes to two things... One introduced me to Photoshop, the other photography.

From then I wanted to find out if a career could be made from these two interests, as I had no idea of what else to do when I finished school. After investigating, I found some courses, and then discovered a place that would let me get the full degree in half the time that other places offered, not enjoying school that much I took this option, and have been happy ever since.

Where will the future take me? I'm not quite sure yet, at the end of this year I hope I can find a solid job, or start my own business.

And I'd still like to travel a bit.....Japan is looking good atm.

Keen to get an old place on the edge of the city and do it all up awesome cool like....thats a bit of a dream...or an apartment IN the city and do the same thing.

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodine View Post
    -7 female members
    *Cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewi T View Post
    Frogger, Celeste, surfinrach90, hiMe, WiiWouldLike2Play, WiiGirl2006, wii_girliefairie.

Lewi T, Frogger, Celeste, surfinrach90, hiMe, WiiWouldLike2Play, WiiGirl2006, wii_girliefairie.

Here's my story. Maths was easy, somewhat interesting, and I did well, therefore I chose to do maths at uni. That decision was pretty much made at GCSE (err, end of high school, age 16), but I didn't exactly know what I wanted to do after uni. So I did maths at uni, and now, in my third (and possibly final) year, I still have no idea what I want to do. So in answer to your original question, I've never known what I wanted to do with my life, and I still don't, so I can't actually answer your question. Sorry.

Ads