Like Tree8Likes

Thread: the ~Ask Anyone Anything~ thread

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceLink View Post
    Also you can explain the chicken joke to me-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YTBmwt34uM
    It's a slightly different version of the old "spherical cows" physics joke. It's based on the fact that physicists often like to simplify problems (through approximations and assumptions) where they can in order to make calculations easier (for example, you've probably come across the concept of a "point mass" when doing physics in high school). In particular, spheres are the nicest objects to work with from a physicist's point of view.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    Also you can explain the chicken joke to me-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YTBmwt34uM
    It's a slightly different version of the old "spherical cows" physics joke. It's based on the fact that physicists often like to simplify problems (through approximations and assumptions) where they can in order to make calculations easier (for example, you've probably come across the concept of a "point mass" when doing physics in high school). In particular, spheres are the nicest objects to work with from a physicist's point of view.

Words cannot describe.

Quotes I Like:

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    In England it's more sociably acceptable to be gay is what I meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athronox View Post
    PrinceLink IS superior................

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow*91 View Post

to you say you went to a big college with that advanced of a course and then look at your avy... the two don't seem to mix well now do they?
    Well I could replace it with a Hertzsprung-Russell diagram or something, but that wouldn't be as funny.
    Well what's not funny about
    Is it really necessary to learn about all that useless crap? Novas, supernovas, ect and all that useless shit that you will never see in person. What are the chances of any of us being an astronaut? I hate learning about stuff that I won't need in life or is just useless >_<

I ain't adding anymore Brawl Friend Codes.

My AllisBrawl profile

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Quote Originally Posted by GCommander View Post
    Is it really necessary to learn about all that useless crap? Novas, supernovas, ect and all that useless shit that you will never see in person. What are the chances of any of us being an astronaut? I hate learning about stuff that I won't need in life or is just useless >_<
    You're too practical and immediate. Broaden your horizons a bit and dream a little. It's the first step to doing or percieving something new.

Before you say there is nothing new, think. It's new to you, right? Therefore it's not the same as someone else's accomplishment if you've got the heart.

I'm feeling optimistic today. Can't you tell?

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Well I could replace it with a Hertzsprung-Russell diagram or something, but that wouldn't be as funny.
    Oh, this is useless, but ghost hunting with dodgy cameras is so much more useful? Look, I think it's interesting. If you don't like it, don't learn it then.

@ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000

Oh, this is useless, but ghost hunting with dodgy cameras is so much more useful? Look, I think it's interesting. If you don't like it, don't learn it then.
    Well that's the thing, I don't want to learn about it but in school I have to learn about it. It's not like I want it's because I have to. There are many sruff in school that you never need in real life or use in everyday situations.

My AllisBrawl profile

Member #
    Friends
    Well that's the thing, I don't want to learn about it but in school I have to learn about it. It's not like I want it's because I have to. There are many sruff in school that you never need in real life or use in everyday situations.
    Pretty much everything you do in school will be end up being useless to you when you're older. The point is to get a diverse and varied education in school so you know what to expect from different subjects, then later you choose a particular subject and study that in more depth (e.g. in university, or an apprenticeship).

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    GC, what course except for Astronomy *makes* you learn how to read the luminosity of stars? It's not a required course.

As Kyle has said, it's just there to introduce you to something that you may not have been exposed to otherwise. It's not useless necessarily, you now know more about that subject then a large percent of humanity.. simply more knowledge to add to your brain.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I wanna be an architect and I'm pretty sure that I will never have to write blueprints for a bridge that connects Earth to the Moon. It's dumb useless stuff that has no use.
    And scientists try to estimate shit that they don't even know about. Like the distance from Earth to the sun is 1 AU (astronomical unit). No one has ever been to the sun, how could you come to bold conclusions like that retard.

My AllisBrawl profile

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Your ignorance knows no bounds.

Ads