Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Wii online moderator registerednerd's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

For the snowboarders amongst us....

discuss! Post pics, talk gear, tell stories....
    ... but what do I know?...
    Not currently accepting friend adds.

2. Ads

Wii online moderator registerednerd's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Probably my funniest story is how I got started. My boss took a few of us out one night to the midnight run, and thus I can say that my boss got me started snowboarding. As if that weren't enough, my mom's boss is on Ski Patrol at the local ski area, and gave me comp passes a lot, therefore, my mom's boss helped keep me snowboarding (the woman is about 5' tall, over 50, and keeps her iPhone loaded full of death metal for wile she boards!)

This is the boss himself. He's wearing a tutu because we always tease him about riding a pink board (with girls bindings), so in the spirit of playing along, he wore a pink tutu out on the slopes.

most of our crew, I think there are two of our more frequent-goers who weren't there for the pic

That would be my board on the left (kick-ass board, btw)
    ... but what do I know?...
    Not currently accepting friend adds.

Member #
    Friends
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    Only been about three or four times in the past, but went on a trip with some friends over winter break, and my interest was instantly re-kindled. There's just something about taking a 15 minute ride up to the highest hill, looking down, visioning in your mind what you want to do, and just going for it, that gives you this indescribable feeling. It's just a shame that I don't get the chance to go as often as I'd like.

PM me if you need anything...
    Brawl Friend Code: 3909-7181-1115
    Up for a game? Click here
    Up for a tournament? Click here

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    Ah yes I love to board. Being a "Vancouverite" I'm fortunate to live approximately three hours away from Whistler, BC. I'm also only about an hour and a half away from Grouse or Cypress Mountain. Oh and I too must admit that I have the same feeling as Prez when I'm on top of the mountain. It's so breath taking especially when you're overlooking the city (from Grouse) and or village (Whistler).

As for my gear, I own a Burton Air 57 Board. I also have Burton bindings and boots. However, I haven't gone boarding that much recently. Which, is mainly due to the fact that I'm trying to get my friends to tag along one time. After all, it's an amazing experience and I'm surprised that they have still managed to pass it up.
    Last edited by Syntax; 03-25-2008 at 01:00 AM.

Where is your savior now? Lost Savior's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I started at least 10 years ago, and was just average. I took about 4 years off (because of college). Then I went once at Okemo Mountain, VT. Took me about 10 minutes to pick up where I left off so long ago. I do miss snowboarding...
    Wii Games:Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Mario Party 8, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Manhunt 2, and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    I live in Utah. "The best snow on Earth." And there is a resort fifteen minutes from my house. Unfortunately I'm horrible at it. The last time I went it was really icy, and anyway, I came back with a big ass bruise on my forehead. :/

I'm not sure of the specifics of my board, but it's just a Kemper that I got really cheap...
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    EEEEWW Utah! I know a friend whos pretty good. Hes not as good as he thinks though lol. Falling and breaking your foot and spraining your ankle at the end of a hard slope is a real rep killer.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    My Lamar bindings just broke, and I've had my Firefly for way too long. (I know Firefly=pathetic). Anyone have any suggestions for decent boards that don't cost a fortune? I'm looking at getting a K2 or something. And I usually go off jumps, and hit up half pipes so that might affect which kind of board I should get. At least my friend's Dad said so.
    Come Together.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsteroids
    EEEEWW Utah!
    LOL, seriously...
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    I like Whistler. Just relax up there although its a good boarding area so is Switzerland.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Ads