Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6597-7058-7157-6973

Your Views on Proper Grammar?

I'm sure that this thread has been made in the past but hey, what's the problem with a little revival?

I was reading the last couple of pages in the "Ask Anyone Anything Thread" and got to thinking...What are your views on proper grammar?

There are obvious Grammar Nazis around this site such as Brawny and AndThen?, although, what about the rest of ya?

Discuss!

My views are that personally, I feel I should use grammar as best as I can and that it would be better if more people can as well...Although, every once in awhile a little txt tlk isn't so bad as long as it's not overdone. If it gets out of hand, then I'll say something.

Let's not make an argument out of this.

"We've all been down this path before
    You're trapped in this town
    And it wears you down
    When we leave today maybe you'll understand
    That this constant struggle isn't always in the palm of our hands."

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    3080-8261-2528-7278
    Well...

I am a journalism major here at college, and I spend many hours a day practicing copy-editing. When I see butchered words or just overall horrible sentence structure, I just kind of auto-correct it in my head. I usually don't say anything unless I just find it absolutely hysterical. For example...user "Kc3k" said in a thread that he would like to see "Beatle adventure racing" added to the VC...and that kept me laughing for days. I guess the only mistakes that really bother me in forums are the ones that completely change the meaning of a sentence.
    "An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals. That's all."- Shigeru Miyamoto

Quote Originally Posted by k3Ck
    Beatle Adventure Racing

the best racing game that no1 played

Member #
    Friends
    dis is forum n0t skool

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    3080-8261-2528-7278
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    dis is forum n0t skool
    That's really weird. I checked this thread like five minutes ago and you had it correctly spelled, then you changed it. How...appropriate.
    "An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals. That's all."- Shigeru Miyamoto

Quote Originally Posted by k3Ck
    Beatle Adventure Racing

the best racing game that no1 played

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashwii00
    That's really weird. I checked this thread like five minutes ago and you had it correctly spelled, then you changed it. How...appropriate.
    iz 4 comeedick Affect

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    While I wouldn't consider myself a grammar nazi, I do look down on you if you use ALL CAPS and/or n vwls.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Well my views are-

Quote Originally Posted by ARav989
    There are obvious Grammar Nazis around this site such as Brawny and AndThen?, although, what about the rest of ya?

...nevermind.

It will take an extreme situation for me to feel the need to correct grammar. I understand that it is generally accepted to use a... well, lets call it an "abridged" form of English on the internet, but I personally prefer reading posts with good grammar.

Member #
    Friends
    6597-7058-7157-6973
    And that's a good way of looking at things! Hahahah I really wish more people did..

What Sovieto is doing is alright because it's actually funny..Seeing people doing that because they ACTUALLY talk like that and it is just plain intolerable.

Ashwii, how long have you been majoring in Journalism? Lol, if I was a Journalist and I seen bad grammar I think I'd flip =P

"We've all been down this path before
    You're trapped in this town
    And it wears you down
    When we leave today maybe you'll understand
    That this constant struggle isn't always in the palm of our hands."

Where is your savior now? Lost Savior's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I hate when I see people using all caps or shortening a word (example: using "u" for you). I can understand it, but it's annoying as hell. There is even an auto spell check (for those who use Firefox). Use it!
    Wii Games:Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Mario Party 8, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Manhunt 2, and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga.

Member #
    Friends
    8211-0763-7929-1645
    i spell check everything i put down but well as i admitted in my introduction this isn't my first forum and people have complained about some of my posts est so yes i admit that i my grammar blows but i don't think this should stop me from having an opinion=D
    I left wii-chat in the 09 disaster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads