LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I guess nintendo doensn't want there online gaming community to grow and play together. I hope this is just an april fools joke, the friend code system is already flawed and these sites are very helpful in finding people to play with. I don't see any downside to exchanging codes over a forum, but who knows. Nintendo should be excited that people are playing there game and wanting to play together. GO WII CHAT.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    To me, it makes no sense as to why they would choose to do this. No offence, but if Nintendo wants to keep ahead of its competition the banning of friend code sharing over line is a step back for them. Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 offer friend code sharing and have had no problems with their users sharing gamertags/codes online. To me, it seems as if they're afraid of something.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax
    To me, it makes no sense as to why they would choose to do this. No offence, but if Nintendo wants to keep ahead of its competition the banning of friend code sharing over line is a step back for them. Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 offer friend code sharing and have had no problems with their users sharing gamertags/codes online. To me, it seems as if they're afraid of something.
    That or they are planning to get rid of them altogether, although I don't see why they would be warning sites about keeping them up. Either way you look at it its bogus, how else am I supposed to share codes. Sorry but none of my friends that live in my area have a Wii, so forums is really the only way I can get codes.

Plus whats next, filtering Msn Messenger from sharing codes over that as well/tapping phones? Seriously its ludacris.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Can anyone think of why nintendo would want to do this? I really can't think of anything negative about exchanging friend codes with people over the internet. It is not like their online service will give you that much information about the person you are playing. Their is not even any voice chat. I like your idea about tapping the phones. That would be pretty hilarious. I would definately make fun of the person who had that job.

Member #
    Friends
    Everyone has totally misunderstood.

Assuming this is real in the first place, the notice is to sites whose names infringe on Nintendo copyrights and trademarks. Unfortunately, from a legal standpoint, if you don't enforce your trademarks, you can lose them entirely.

It has nothing to do with the trading of friend codes.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    Everyone has totally misunderstood.

Assuming this is real in the first place, the notice is to sites whose names infringe on Nintendo copyrights and trademarks. Unfortunately, from a legal standpoint, if you don't enforce your trademarks, you can lose them entirely.

It has nothing to do with the trading of friend codes.
    So will they be taking down every forum with Wii in the title? It would be stupid of Nintendo to shut down a site that encourages more users to play online.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    So will they be taking down every forum with Wii in the title? It would be stupid of Nintendo to shut down a site that encourages more users to play online.
    Hard to say what they'll do.

Sometimes the legal departments of big companies go off on their own and send out legal notices when the rest of the company doesn't care about, or even encourages, fan sites. So it's possible it will all just die out, but we'll have to wait and see.

Member #
    Friends
    8244-2285-2713-6668
    Sounds like a joke to me. If they were to crack down sites because of copyright infringement that'd be dumb. Countless sites out there has the names like Wii, Nintendo, Friendcodes, etc.

The post has no real evidence at all. If it has been a month wouldn't Nintendo take bigger action by contacting the domain host themselves? Not a very believable story :x

Mau
    Member #
    Friends
    8829-6844-1117-2743
    Things now a days are so complicated with copyrights infringement. I don't see any positive point on nintendo to try and do this. This is advertisement for free for them, I really don't think this is serious. And if it is, that is one move that would make me sell my wii.

"Theres is nothing impossible, just men incapable." (N/A)

Brawl FC: 2921-8755-4852, If you add me pm me.

I dared to google google. BirdMasterLv100's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8637-2588-3697-8235
    what that sucks!!!!! They better not even think of messing with this site

Leader of [The Enders] Let me know if you want to join & i'll probably let you
    Thanks to h2ojames93 for this amazing sig

Ads