Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    I doubt nintendo is upset that they use friendscodes, its probably more the fact they used www.friendcodes.com something they feel entitled to own because they have the patent on the phrase. If anything i would sell it to Nintendo they themself would probably never use the domaine but whatever. Then take all that big cash setup a new exchange site and be done with it.

Honestly Nintendo doesnt have the right to a domaine just because they hold the trademark for the word. Internet Domains have always been first come first serve. At worst they could force them to take away refferences to Nintendo's friends codes but thats it. Even then its not soemthing that would be eaisly won in court. Specailly when they are telling a fan site to take it down not a competitior.

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by VidyaVince
    Better be some early April Fools.

If not...

Hey, Nintendo!

Spoiler Alert!
    lol I agree. In addition, If it's true, it's showing that Nintendo is still taking steps to "protect" their friendly name and may never improve their online quality/features due to this...
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewtoy
    What are they afraid will happen??? Nintendo's friend code idea is retarded anyway, none of the other consoles have anything like it and noone has been E-raped yet have they? That's where the whole "request " thing comes in if you don't want to be there friend click NO! No means no! Lol besides what do they expect that you're only going to play with the few people that you have face to face contact with in order to get friend codes?
    Yea I know right! Sorry for the double post, please don't beat me.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    Honestly Nintendo doesnt have the right to a domaine just because they hold the trademark for the word. Internet Domains have always been first come first serve.
    There have been MANY cases where people have been forced through lawsuits to give up domain names that infringe on trademarks of companies.

Member #
    Friends
    It turns out that this was a joke like I thought, plotted by the administrators of both Nintendo-play, and Friendcodes. However, so many angry Friendcodes members emailed Nintendo, it's quite possible that Friendcodes will be shut down now.

If you want to close this thread, feel free. This was an incredibly stupid joke, that may really have gotten Friendcodes into trouble.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Ads