Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0120-6723-8776-4093
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty View Post
    I don't think we should put fear into the minds of people by teaching them how to use a gun. Hell, let's teach children so they can defend themselves against pedophiles!
    I was taught how to shoot when I was six. It's the kids that are told that "guns are bad and you should never ever use one ever" that are scared of them. And it's usually those kids that wind up shooting their friend or themselves because they've never held a gun, and they are curious about them, so they go in their parents closet and "play." A little bit of knowledge goes a long way.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
    I'd rather have the opinion of the woman than you.

And it's not an argument, it's a debate. (Arguments get locked around here for some reason...)
    Your opinion of something quite obviously changes once you've been affected by it, I won't lie to you there. There's things like the death penality, which I'm also against, but I know if anyone killed anyone dear to me, I'd want them dead in a split second.

Dunno what use that was to you.

I was taught how to shoot when I was six. It's the kids that are told that "guns are bad and you should never ever use one ever" that are scared of them. And it's usually those kids that wind up shooting their friend or themselves because they've never held a gun, and they are curious about them, so they go in their parents closet and "play." A little bit of knowledge goes a long way.
    Oh hell no. Kids are stupid. Leave it as that.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB64 View Post
    Agreed, but this argument doesn't work against the people who think that the parent shouldn't have a gun either.

And I'd say it's not only the parent's fault for not teaching them, it should have been in a safe, unloaded.

I'm fine with having strict aquisition laws, assault weapon bans, and course requirements, but most definitely not a widespread ban. And certainly not from the national government. There will be one state that allows them.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Your opinion of something quite obviously changes once you've been affected by it, I won't lie to you there. There's things like the death penality, which I'm also against, but I know if anyone killed anyone dear to me, I'd want them dead in a split second.

Dunno what use that was to you.
    Well, perhaps after you shot a gun at a range, you may appreciate them more? Hell, archery even?

Oh hell no. Kids are stupid. Leave it as that.
    Are you saying that since I learned to use a gun when I was 8, and I haven't successfully shot myself yet, I'm stupid?

This comment is confusing.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    And I'd say it's not only the parent's fault for not teaching them, it should have been in a safe, unloaded.
    Which is really handy for when you're being raped.

"Um, excuse me, I just need to open this safe first."

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Agreed, but this argument doesn't work against the people who think that the parent shouldn't have a gun either.

I'm fine with having strict aquisition laws, assault weapon bans, and course requirements, but most definitely not a widespread ban. And certainly not from the national government. There will be one state that allows them.
    Don't forget the parents who snap and shoot their kids. Tsh, no one should be allowed them.

Though, the government should try out banning fireworks nationally first before trying the gun thing out. I don't think people are too bent on keeping those.

Are you saying that since I learned to use a gun when I was 8, and I haven't successfully shot myself yet, I'm stupid?

This comment is confusing.
    I'm assuming that you're intelligent. The rest of the public are not.

So how was shooting those pedophiles for you? Knowing how to use them won't get one anywhere when you're not allowed one in your possession.

Hahahahahha.
    Last edited by Sixty; 01-27-2009 at 07:35 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by AndThen? View Post

...Because a woman in public is definitely in her house at the same time. Really...France, never go back.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Don't forget the parents who snap and shoot their kids. Tsh, no one should be allowed them.

Though, the government should try out banning fireworks nationally first before trying the gun thing out. I don't think people are too bent on keeping those.

Wait...what? What parents snap and shoot their kids? I thought they all used the bathtub for killing babies.

And why would anyone want to ban fireworks? I didn't even know that opinion existed. D:

Where are you from?

Edit: Damn, sorry for the double posts, you people need to reply faster.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ...Because a woman in public is definitely in her house at the same time. Really...France, never go back.
    Who would rape a woman in public?!

Member #
    Friends
    0120-6723-8776-4093
    And why would anyone want to ban fireworks? I didn't even know that opinion existed. D:
    Welcome to Georgia.
    Up until a few years ago, there was a blanket ban on fireworks. They updated the ban to just include the fun fireworks (anything that shoots up in the air, makes noise, or isn't a weak ass 5 gram sparkler.)

Ads