LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    If you live in or around Toronto, you assume it's like #1 ranked for violence in Canada. Or #2, behind Montreal or something. But it's actually #26. I think it just gets more media coverage since it's the most popular place in Canada. More media coverage = more fear inflicted upon residents and visitors alike.
    #26 ranked for most violent crime in Canada...damn. A lot of ****ed up stuff goes down here. Everyday. Countless murders and attempted murders every weekend. Watching the Sunday night or Monday morning news is really alarming. So I can't imagine what it's like in the 25 places ranked higher D:

This study is based on 2006 per capita crime rates. I guess that's another reason Toronto seems worse off. More people might mean more crime, but less per capita. And larger area means larger news coverage. So many factors.

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Don't really thing where I live is violent, but I mean I live in a little town/village in the valleys, so yah.

And as for trouble, it only really comes your way if you go looking for it. Place I come from has a pretty bad reputation for fighting, but yeah.. it's only if you go looking for it. Sadly there's just a lot of assholes there that do.

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    My citys not violent

Some of the people with in are tho

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    5139-6750-7006-5371
    I think Toronto is one of the most violent city's because of gangs and stuff in Canada. But I live 30 mins away from it. I'm considered in Toronto though.

I got nothing...

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    I live in the town where Chavs originated (not even joking). But yeah, they're not violent. Violent's too strong a word to describe a town/city.

Member #
    Friends
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownies14 View Post
    I think Toronto is one of the most violent city's because of gangs and stuff in Canada. But I live 30 mins away from it. I'm considered in Toronto though.
    Mississauga? Vaughn? Oakville? Brampton? Ajax? Markham? xD

I live in the downtown core. Moving to Rosedale though, w00t.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    If you live in or around Toronto, you assume it's like #1 ranked for violence in Canada. Or #2, behind Montreal or something. But it's actually #26. I think it just gets more media coverage since it's the most popular place in Canada. More media coverage = more fear inflicted upon residents and visitors alike.
    #26 ranked for most violent crime in Canada...damn. A lot of ****ed up stuff goes down here. Everyday. Countless murders and attempted murders every weekend. Watching the Sunday night or Monday morning news is really alarming. So I can't imagine what it's like in the 25 places ranked higher D:

This study is based on 2006 per capita crime rates. I guess that's another reason Toronto seems worse off. More people might mean more crime, but less per capita. And larger area means larger news coverage. So many factors.
    Yeah good point Celeste, Toronto is made out to be a lot worse than it is. Everytime I go down though I end up watching news on people getting shot on subways etc. which are things I usually ride. Friday night I was there but took Go Transit and was meeting my friend there who took the subway. I just had to ask "Did ya get shot".

But I guess if I think about Toronto really isn't that bad, and I've always wanted to live there. I was walking around at night on Friday and that sold it for me. That mixed with some actual clean snow made it look so nice there.

I think the worst place in Canada is Winnipeg or something like that, which sounds funny to me but apparently the wheat boys get into gang troubles a lot.

I also forgot, in my town a convenience store was robbed. It even made the Toronto Sun which is pretty cool and they even name dropped us. Overall we're not violent but people like coming here and doing stuff to us.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Landan, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    London is comparatively peaceful considering its size. I mean, we have out fair share of knife crime, but with a city of 12 million residents, I'd expect no less.

Northern cities, however, like Manchester and Liverpool, are populated by barbarians. Like, I went there, and thought this group of boys were going to mug me of my two pounds. I could see it in their eyes. Civilisation ends in the Midlands.

Simon Cowell, what a dick.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalsma View Post
    I need to go to school right now but go to Google and type US most violent cities and click on the first site.It gives you a very long list of cities.I will give you the link later.
    Checked it out.
    Some doesnt make sense though. What REALLY stands out is NYC is ranked in at 259? That....cant be right.

Member #
    Friends
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss View Post
    Checked it out.
    Some doesnt make sense though. What REALLY stands out is NYC is ranked in at 259? That....cant be right.
    That's how I felt about Toronto's ranking. It's probably per capita. Then it makes sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads