LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    when it is a fetus it is likely, assuming no complications that it will become a baby. Please don't drag me into this. I really don't know what to think of it.

formerly known as wii-fi

Member #
    Friends
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    K, I'm gonna come up with some more worthwhile counterpoints.

On your reasons for abortion:
    Reasons Women Choose Abortion (U.S.)

* Wants to postpone childbearing: 25.5%
    * Wants no (more) children: 7.9%Would you want to be an unwanted child?
    * Cannot afford a baby: 21.3% If they cannot afford the baby, then they really shouldn't be having a baby. Babies have to eat and all that jazz.
    * Having a child will disrupt education or job: 10.8%Which would lead to them not being able to afford the baby.
    * Has relationship problem or partner does not want pregnancy: 14.1%Once again, I'd hate to be an unwanted baby
    * Too young; parent(s) or other(s) object to pregnancy: 12.2%People too young generally can't raise children that well, and it would usually lead into financial trouble
    * Risk to maternal health: 2.8%You could risk killing someone who is already alive or someone who is potentially going to live. I would choose the person who is alive.
    * Risk to fetal health: 3.3%No reason to bring a baby to live only so it can experience pain
    * Other: 2.1%
    Basically if you let the baby live chances are it will have a shitty life.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    And once again, adoption ceases to exist?

Member #
    Friends
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
    And once again, adoption ceases to exist?
    And what if the baby is never adopted, and remains an orphan? It isn't very pleasant being an orphan.

Plus, a mother generally wants to keep her baby once she gives birth to it. Chances are that if a mother was unable to give an abortion because of it being illegal she would become attached to it due to maternal instincts despite not being able to afford it or being way too young.

Most of the mothers who do use abortion simply as a method of birth control are generally extremely unfit to be mothers. I believe that by just letting them abort their children it is doing all of the would be children a favor. I would much rather not be born than be born from a 13 year old mother living off welfare.
    So you just stand there.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    And what if the baby is never adopted, and remains an orphan? It isn't very pleasant being an orphan.

Plus, a mother generally wants to keep her baby once she gives birth to it. Chances are that if a mother was unable to give an abortion because of it being illegal she would become attached to it due to maternal instincts despite not being able to afford it or being way too young.

Most of the mothers who do use abortion simply as a method of birth control are generally extremely unfit to be mothers. I believe that by just letting them abort their children it is doing all of the would be children a favor. I would much rather not be born than be born from a 13 year old mother living off welfare.
    Actually, have you seen orphanages these days? Even children who don't ever get adopted out of them can still grow up and be "integrated" into society. They still get a meaningful education and such.

Killing the fetus before the mother gets attached to it seems very...savage.

The way to stop people from using abortion as birth control isn't to let them keep doing it. :/

Edit: Wikipedia

United States

Partial information:

* One hundred eighty-eight Catholic orphanages took care of 75,890 children
    I know that old stats aren't generally looked well upon, but 1992 is the most recent I could find.

In 1992, there were 127,441 children adopted in the United States.
    Last edited by Brawny; 02-09-2009 at 06:49 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    Actually, have you seen orphanages these days? Even children who don't ever get adopted out of them can still grow up and be "integrated" into society. They still get a meaningful education and such.

Killing the fetus before the mother gets attached to it seems very...savage.

The way to stop people from using abortion as birth control isn't to let them keep doing it. :/
    Well let's say that all of those mothers who would have used abortions start using orphanages as a form of birth control. That's another 46 million orphans worldwide(per year). I think orphanages would start to get over crowded.

I believe that you have to be pretty thick to get pregnant on accident, seeing as a woman only has a period of 4-10 days every month to ovulate. So chances are if these people follow through having babies, they are going to do stupid things with the babies.

EDIT: OK I'm gonna apologize in advance for the above comment, I don't think that you have to be stupid to get an unwanted pregnancy. I'm just talking about the ones who are stupid.
    Last edited by Chewy; 02-09-2009 at 06:57 PM.
    So you just stand there.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Which is why I'm fine with the morning after pill.

Member #
    Friends
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    Which is why I'm fine with the morning after pill.
    Yes, that is a much more preferable method. But you really have to understand the sheer stupidity of some people, they still wont use it.
    So you just stand there.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Isn't using the morning after pill technically murdering an unborn baby. Occurding to you it doesn't matter if the baby if born or unborn, so why would it matter whether the baby is one or two cells or a month along.

I mean when does the baby become a human? At contriception, at birth, when?

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by lbu8 View Post
    Isn't using the morning after pill technically murdering an unborn baby. Occurding to you it doesn't matter if the baby if born or unborn, so why would it matter whether the baby is one or two cells or a month along.

I mean when does the baby become a human? At contriception, at birth, when?
    I believe you mean conception. :P

And yes, I believe a baby is alive at conception, and I believe that the morning after pill is murder.

I'd rather not have murder be publicly funded, which some countries with universal health care provide.

You may live in an area where it is relatively easy to obtain an NHS abortion. Or you may live in an area that has poor NHS facilities.
    Haha, because all facilities that refuse you are automatically poor.

Anyway, I'd rather not hear about it. It's cheaper in the countries that make you pay for abortions. (If it's legal, start taxing the hell out of it. Installment plans excepted).

In Canada today, abortion is available and publicly funded at any stage of pregnancy, for any reason. That’s our tax dollars providing free and timely elective surgery, in spite of the waiting lists and chronic resource shortages that plague our health care system in many other areas.
    Awh, Canada too?

Hypothetical question. Say you wanted a child and your wife got pregnant and was killed. Would you consider that fetus as a loss as well?
    Last edited by Brawny; 02-09-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Ads