LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by lbu8 View Post
    Isn't using the morning after pill technically murdering an unborn baby. Occurding to you it doesn't matter if the baby if born or unborn, so why would it matter whether the baby is one or two cells or a month along.

I mean when does the baby become a human? At contriception, at birth, when?
    I would define it as the time when the brain fully develops, since this is presumably when a person first becomes conscious.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    I would define it as the time when the brain develops, since this is presumably when a person first becomes conscious.
    Then you get the lovely debates of what "develops" means, and if the existence of a brain actually implies consciousness.

As 24 weeks is when a fetus can live off a machine after being taken out of the womb, that is when abortion becomes illegal.

I don't understand the definition though. If being able to live off a machine is the definition of life... then why can't being able to live off a mother be considered life?

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    The obvious implication there is that machines > women

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny View Post

Hypothetical question. Say you wanted a child and your wife got pregnant and was killed. Would you consider that fetus as a loss as well?
    Well I guess I would have to say yes, but you have to consider that the means of having another child are destroyed after that.

I have to admit, that question got me thinkin'.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
    Then you get the lovely debates of what "develops" means, and if the existence of a brain actually implies consciousness.
    Well no, the mere existence of a brain doesn't imply consciousness. A recently dead person usually has a brain, and they certainly aren't conscious.

@ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    I'd probably get more flak from spilling acid on a recently dead person than aborting a fetus. xD

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Lmao, Adam, abortion isn't used as contraception. I highly doubt you'll find anyone who'll take an abortion over wearing a condom. Mistakes happen, and when they do, the woman has a right to her life, and to make her own life choices. The fetus doesn't have this right, and as it barely exists, mommy has every right to abort the sucker.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Boethiah View Post
    Besides, abortions will also open up new doors in the fields of stem cell research. A future life may be sacrificed, but it could save many more lives.
    One pretty much doesn't have a heartbeat anyway.
    But life is life, no living biological traits deny that right. The essence of life (or under popular belief and reasoning) lies in the DNA of those embryonic stem cells. The moment one of 20,000 genetic codes are programmed to a certain function for the body, life begins. Which of course is the moment the first stem cell is conceived in an egg.

None of that crap that masturbation is murder though.

However a week-old embryo is certainly not capable of thought.
    I think you misunderstand, abortion is essentially a fancy name of termination. Termination is the taking of a human's life. Not destroying something capable of thought. A similar example is the termination of a brain-dead patient.

A fetus cannot think, at all, and a new born baby ( what does newborn mean, anyway? Is there a limit of time when it ceases to be newborn?) is an actual human being.
    I lold.

Why does everything in life these days have to be consequence-free?
    I completely agree with the fact that people these days always take the easy road and avoid the full effect of their actions. This observation is not in the topic of abortion, but it pisses me off. I'm not denying Abortion, but some people fail to realize the gravity of their actions.

I'd put a personal experience in here, but I'm so not in the mood for religious flaMMAge.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
    I think you misunderstand, abortion is essentially a fancy name of termination. Termination is the taking of a human's life. Not destroying something capable of thought. A similar example is the termination of a brain-dead patient.
    But there's no point in keeping a brain-dead patient alive. Mainly because they're already dead.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    So if you want to get rid of it because you weren't financially stable you would want to slap them with a hefty bill? Pff, people should be paying for women to keep the baby then.

Closed Thread
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Ads