Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by AndThen? View Post
    That's a question of protection, not a question of love. Love isn't bound by the financial world... lol I'm so fruity.
    lol fruit cup =p

I know love isnt bound by the financial world, thats just an example i chose to give you.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss View Post
    lol fruit cup =p

I know love isnt bound by the financial world, thats just an example i chose to give you.
    You love it.

And I guess marriage means different things to different people... I can understand both sides of the argument.

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    One day yeah sure why not
    I think I'd be worried that of might change things though, actually I dunno.. depends on the people. A lecturer at the college I used to go to has been with her partner for 20 years, and they have two kids together, but just don't feel the need to get married.
    Funny this thread, Jay and I were talking about this last might in bed.
    Rawr, I'm being called in, I'll finish his on my brake.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm not against the idea of getting married, but I don't care much about it either. Like AndThen, marriage doesn't hold any particular significance to me, but I'd be willing to do it for the right woman if she wanted it.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    but I'd be willing to do it for the right woman if she wanted it.
    And that right there is what it all boils down to. If you meet the right person, you'd know it and you'd bend over backwards for that person. Love is a very powerful thing.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I think I am right in thinking, that at least in England anyway, you do have a leg to stand on if you have been in a relationship for many years and it goes tits up. This is financially speaking, of course. We know that people choose to be 'life partners' and share everything that a married couple would do, and I'm pretty sure the law has been altered to cater for this. Can anyone confirm?

Also, Brandon...yep, but we don't go there.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss View Post
    And that right there is what it all boils down to. If you meet the right person, you'd know it and you'd bend over backwards for that person. Love is a very powerful thing.
    Giving me bad thoughts...

Gikoku ハラカミ
    --------------------------

--------------------------
    Don't think. Feel...
    It's like a finger pointing to the moon.
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.
    ~Bruce Lee, Wing Chun.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewi T View Post
    I think I am right in thinking, that at least in England anyway, you do have a leg to stand on if you have been in a relationship for many years and it goes tits up. This is financially speaking, of course. We know that people choose to be 'life partners' and share everything that a married couple would do, and I'm pretty sure the law has been altered to cater for this. Can anyone confirm?

Also, Brandon...yep, but we don't go there.
    Here in the States i believe it doesnt go that far. I think there is a lack the rights for 'life partners' compared to a married couple. But regardless the best thing to do is make a will or deed and put them in it.

looking for ACCF friends mizzouHHR's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3373-5004-6401-6057
    Weddings don't have to be religious. I'm not a particularly religious person, so a church wedding was not important to me. My wife is Catholic, but was married once before, and divorced because of a cheating husband. Since she is catholic, a divorce is a sin that has a lot of crap tied to it to be accepted again in the church. Because of that, and the fact I'm not catholic, or a member of any church, a church wedding was not an option for us. We were married outside in a city park next to a waterfall and pond. The cost to have the ceremony was not much, and the scenery was spectacular. There is also a old school building we could have moved to had the weather not cooperated, but we lucked out and it was a beautiful day.

To me marriage has little to do with religion, but more of a personal commitment you are making to each other. And as I said earlier, we have been married for 17 years. I totally understand the young folks here not wanting marriage, and I was the same way. As you get older, and you finish school, or have you life established, that is the time things will start to change, and you will see things different. At least that was the case for me.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewi T View Post
    If you're referring to "common law marriage", no, we don't legally have that. I think we should though.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads