LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Yes, as soon as I finish my degree.

Seriously, I am planning on getting married at some point in the future, but not at this moment in time.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Of course I want to get married. I want my fancy ring.

I won't be getting into the issue of civil and marriage. These issues are important to me - but I haven't really thought about it in regards to myself.

Anyways - legally speaking marriage certainly holds an appeal to me. If I was going to commit myself, have children etc I would want to be married. And I'd hope I'd be married before kids... Although I wouldn't really care if I wasn't. I just wouldn't want to be one of the types that gets pregnant and a guy proposes just for the hell of it. And this is certainly not any religious side getting too me. I just have control issues.

Sig by Deanis

Member #
    Friends
    0710-2343-2773-8881
    Yeah I do, however I don't think I ever will... never had a long sticking relationship.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Yeah I do, however I don't think I ever will... never had a long sticking relationship.
    If you want one, you'll have one.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by AoWFraggit View Post
    i haven't really gotten into the dating game yet, primarily because of all the pointless drama that circulates with every relationship. kids my age don't take each other seriously and just aren't emotionally developed enough to uphold a real relationship. sure, i've had crushes and messed around a bit, but i'm just waiting until a time when i can find someone to fully appreciate without having to worry about schoolyard gossip.

so yeah, marriage sounds great to me. still just a sprout though.
    Agreed, the people I know my age who are in relationships are pretty artificial. I don't really see any love within them and like you, I'm going to wait before I get into that game as I still don't think I've met anyone who fits that space.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Yea i do. Enough said.

Member #
    Friends
    5313-4870-2774-2717
    I value the thought of marriage
    Last edited by elopez994; 01-31-2009 at 12:23 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekiushi View Post
    Anyways - legally speaking marriage certainly holds an appeal to me. If I was going to commit myself, have children etc I would want to be married. And I'd hope I'd be married before kids... Although I wouldn't really care if I wasn't. I just wouldn't want to be one of the types that gets pregnant and a guy proposes just for the hell of it. And this is certainly not any religious side getting too me. I just have control issues.
    I agree. I seem to have similar morals, now that I think about it. They're obviously not from religion or anything, I think they're probably just from being decently mature and reasonable. I would prefer to be married before getting pregnant. That just seems like a natural, more logical sequence of events. If someone proposed to me just because I was knocked up, I'd wonder if they had any intentions of doing so if I hadn't been. It wouldn't feel right. It might be a bit mean, but I just...don't think it looks right to see a wedding picture where there's a bride, a groom, and already two small children. A pregnant bride is even worse xD. And not getting married for financial reasons isn't an excuse, because you shouldn't be procreating without stable finances either.

I used to be like LOL F*CK MARRIAGE in my teen years. Sometimes I don't give myself enough credit for how much I've matured xD.
    Last edited by Celeste; 01-31-2009 at 12:39 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    I agree. I seem to have similar morals, now that I think about it. They're obviously not from religion or anything, I think they're probably just from being decently mature and reasonable. I would prefer to be married before getting pregnant. That just seems like a natural, more logical sequence of events. If someone proposed to me just because I was knocked up, I'd wonder if they had any intentions of doing so if I hadn't been. It wouldn't feel right. It might be a bit mean, but I just...don't think it looks right to see a wedding picture where there's a bride, a groom, and already two small children. A pregnant bride is even worse xD. And not getting married for financial reasons isn't an excuse, because you shouldn't be procreating without stable finances either.

I used to be like LOL F*CK MARRIAGE in my teen years. Sometimes I don't give myself enough credit for how much I've matured xD.
    Let's just sayyyy someone happened to get pregnant. I'd move up the proposal date so it was still in the right order.

I don't think she'd take it to mean that I wouldn't have all together.

It's really weird still being around people like that.

It takes a lot longer for people to mature in the present, it feels like. 18 used to mean something, but now people are still partying, doing illegal activities, having one night stands. Blah, I really shouldn't be living on the campus of a liberal school.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
    It takes a lot longer for people to mature in the present, it feels like. 18 used to mean something, but now people are still partying, doing illegal activities, having one night stands. Blah, I really shouldn't be living on the campus of a liberal school.
    I'd say 18 is around the time most people stop acting like a spoiled brat, at least.

By the way, it never ceases to amaze me how American colleges are classed as "liberal" or "conservative".

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Ads