LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I'm not even going to comment on having sex for fun is wrong. I don't agree with that in the absolute slightest. Oops, I commented.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Why is having sex with only one person not fun?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
    Why is having sex with only one person not fun?
    I don't believe I said that. There's potentially nothing wrong with having sex with one person.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    It takes a lot longer for people to mature in the present, it feels like. 18 used to mean something, but now people are still partying, doing illegal activities, having one night stands. Blah, I really shouldn't be living on the campus of a liberal school.
    Partying is wrong? 18 is when most people can really start partying. 21 if you're American, I guess. Although I don't see all those Americans on college campus waiting at all.

Although I do agree with what you're saying. People seem like they are taking longer to mature. But I'd attribute it partly to the fact that it's no longer considered the norm to get married so young anymore. People still do - I've got a surprising amount of people from my High School getting married at 19/20.

High School used to always say at 18 you become an adult and you start being treated like one. I don't really agree. Legally you might be. But it doesn't seem to matter how mature you are at 18, people will still treat you as a "young person". It's ridiculous.

Sig by Deanis

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    18 always seemed ages away for me. I thought that I'd be all amazing an adult and stuff, turns out I feel exactly the same as I do a few years ago. I cannot imagine anyone getting married at this age unless they were extremely certain that they'd stay with that person for the rest of their life. I'm trying to grasp how to cook myself, but marriage seems to be a huge leap at a young age. Though, I'd do it in a second if I wasn't going to be looked down on people. I look really young as it is.

I think it's more to do with people "living their lives" so they don't do things at a young age. Apparently it's not fun to be married. I also don't get while people want to wait to get a life to have kids, it's like kids are an overwhelming burden on people. No, they're not.

Friends with benefits, hm. That concept is fine with me. I see sex as "something special" or whatever you want to call it, so it wouldn't be my personal choice to phone someone up and ask for sex.
    Last edited by Sixty; 01-31-2009 at 06:30 PM.

Survived WC for 2 years Destiny's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3929-2153-1019-2260
    Of course I want to get married. I'm getting married on September. I love my woman, and I really don't need to have sex with different people. I just want to be with her for the rest of my life.

PSN: zSkill_Palad1n_-

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I would hate to get married right now. As I said, one of my friends is getting married in July. She'll be 20 by then. I am certainly happy for her. It is perhaps worth noting the boyfriend is about 24 or 25 and a primary school teacher, so he already has a secure enough job going there and he already owns a house. So I think that is slightly different from two 19 year olds getting married, moving out of their parents home and trying to make it.

I have a well paid job and I can't afford to live out of home yet. If I had a boyfriend/husband to support me we'd still struggle - not unless he was getting like $60,000 a year. We could probably still afford the rent and food... but not much else. This may just be me, but I'd prefer to be a better finacial situation when I get married - so my savings don't get destroyed. I am sure at one point I'll have to struggle a bit, but I'd prefer to do so when I have finished Uni and have a fulltime job.

Sig by Deanis

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekiushi View Post
    I would hate to get married right now. As I said, one of my friends is getting married in July. She'll be 20 by then. I am certainly happy for her. It is perhaps worth noting the boyfriend is about 24 or 25 and a primary school teacher, so he already has a secure enough job going there and he already owns a house. So I think that is slightly different from two 19 year olds getting married, moving out of their parents home and trying to make it.

I have a well paid job and I can't afford to live out of home yet. If I had a boyfriend/husband to support me we'd still struggle - not unless he was getting like $60,000 a year. We could probably still afford the rent and food... but not much else. This may just be me, but I'd prefer to be a better finacial situation when I get married - so my savings don't get destroyed. I am sure at one point I'll have to struggle a bit, but I'd prefer to do so when I have finished Uni and have a fulltime job.
    Y'know the legal benefits of marriage actually make it easier to live together than two people supporting themselves.

The only financial loss a wedding invokes is the wedding itself, which is only a couple hundred with license fees. Dress and such not really needed.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Y'know the legal benefits of marriage actually make it easier to live together than two people supporting themselves.
    Not enough though. Although admittedly I calculated for rent not for a first home buyer, which I probably should have. But for the area that I currently need to live in buying real estate is impossible. Rent is the only real option. Unless of course I marry a millionaire, in which case real buying a house is possible.

Sig by Deanis

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I really couldn't imagine us getting married anytime soon.
    I mean, we're moving in together sometime this year (when my mother gets around to buying us a flat for us to rent, harhar.) but marriage? No.

When we're both settled into our careers and have had our fun then sure, but we're both sure on the fact that it's a pretty stupid idea for us to be getting married now.
    My aunty was with her partner for 10 years before they got married. I can see us being like that. Mainly because I got with Jay when I was 15, so by the time we're ready too we probably would have been together that long!

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Ads