LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I think its funny how so many people force themselves to go to church when the bible says nothing about church.

Really it says you are supposed to relax on the sabath day, so if you hate going to church the more christian-like thing to do is to not go.
    its even funnier when people talk as if they know more than those who actually do.
    the bible does talk about going to church. church isnt a building, nor is it a sunday morning service. Church is a community of people, who come together to learn and fellowship together. it isnt limited to a sermon sunday morning, or a youth group on friday nights. The bible tells christians to associate with one another, and to congregate to refresh and relax together. Not going to church isn't 'more christian-like', and is actually not a good thing. if you dont like the church you attend, find another, or investigate why you don't like it.

when the bible speaks of a sabbath day, it is meaning it as a day of rest from the labours of your week. if the bible speaks of congregating with other christians, what day would it make the most sense to meet? the day of rest of course.

YOu speak of someone who is ignorant of, but chooses to cross-believe what the Bible speaks.

also, a discussion on is religion real, is pointless. noone can prove faith to someone who doesnt want to believe. and someone who says 'ill believe when i am shown proof', will always find a 'logical' reason for their disbelief.

a reliegion thread should be stickied, closed, and left to die. nothing but hurt feelings will come of it.
    Last edited by rukus; 02-02-2009 at 09:53 PM. Reason: added final statement
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends
    Wow rukus, nicely said. That was the most well-thought thing I've ever heard you say.

Member #
    Friends
    3896-5800-0118-9755
    Quote Originally Posted by JonRyan View Post
    that's true but based on what we do know i am 100 percent sure that religion is completely fabricated and until someone can prove otherwise i will continue to think that.
    It will never be proved by the logic of man. It's just a matter of whether you believe or not. If you have a Bible, try reading I Corinthians 1:18-25. I g2g sleep now. -_-

Member #
    Friends
    Thats what i think, Humans have an incredibly high brain capacity. Does that equal unlimited knowledge? I don't believe that man, as a whole will be able to figure out everything. We've made a lot of advances and i'm sure it will continue to grow higher but it will eventually level out someday.

I think of all things, one's own being will be impossible to understand or figure out. Its simple yet I think it will be impossible understand.

formerly known as wii-fi

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Religions are lies.
    Every religion is a hoax.
    There is no God or Gods

through my own life expeience and upbringing i came to the above conclusions, even though my parents tried to raise a nice, respectful, christian child

Is mayo an instrument? Axl Rose's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I believe everyone is entitled their own opinion about religion. We don't know if religion is true or if there isn't a God or not.

But, wouldn't you rather believe in God and find out he isn't real, or not believe in God and find out he is real?

LISTEN TO

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
    I believe everyone is entitled their own opinion about religion. We don't know if religion is true or if there isn't a God or not.

But, wouldn't you rather believe in God and find out he isn't real, or not believe in God and find out he is real?
    As I said before, I figure that if God is truly benevolant, he won't care if you believed in him:

That's kind of my philosophy- sort of a reverse Pascal's Wager. If I'm right and God doesn't exist, then obviously it doesn't matter if I believe in him. If he exists, and is a benelovant deity who doesn't care if you believed in him or not as long as you try to be a good person, then that's great. If God exists and demands you follow the right religion without telling you which one it is, then well, I wouldn't want to hang around with someone like that for eternity anyway.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Landan, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    I think its funny how so many people force themselves to go to church when the bible says nothing about church.

Really it says you are supposed to relax on the sabath day, so if you hate going to church the more christian-like thing to do is to not go.

I think if you want to believe in a religion then you shouldn't only listen to what other people preach about it. You should read the bible. Interpret it for yourself. Chances are your beliefs won't fully follow that of any of the variations of the religion.
    What? Are you deliberately making a rash, false statement just to annoy people? Of course the Bible mentions Church. It appears in nearly every single one of the Epistles, Pauline or otherwise.

That's kind of my philosophy- sort of a reverse Pascal's Wager. If I'm right and God doesn't exist, then obviously it doesn't matter if I believe in him. If he exists, and is a benelovant deity who doesn't care if you believed in him or not as long as you try to be a good person, then that's great. If God exists and demands you follow the right religion without telling you which one it is, then well, I wouldn't want to hang around with someone like that for eternity anyway.
    I agree, and I'm a Christian. Another strong example is if God is real, and he is omnipotent, why would he need, let alone want humanity to worship him? Should there be any need to worship an omnipotent God? Surely, just acknowledging his existence would be enough? I guess we can never understand him, if he does exist.

One thing I've noticed is that many theists will tack on "God did it" to proper Science. For example, " Evolution is real, but God created Evolution"
    I personally believe God was transcendent during evolution, and only became immanent in the form of Jesus. That would mean that God isn't the cause of evolution and just left life on earth to get on with it.

Simon Cowell, what a dick.

Member #
    Friends
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    Sorry, I meant that the bible says nothing about having to go to church.
    My source is from my pastor at church.

I'm not trying to piss people off I'm just saying don't be a blind follower, and I'm not directing it at anyone specifically(many of you are quite educated on the religion). There are too many Christians who haven't even read the bible, and if you are a Christian you should.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

Member #
    Friends
    3896-5800-0118-9755
    Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post

My thoughts exactly. However, according to the Bible(I'll find the scripture later), just believing in God won't get you to heaven. You must believe and obey him. I think that it's called obedient faith.

Remove Ads

Ads