LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    well man, its up to you to decide whether you believe in it or not. I'm not trying to preach because i don't consider myself religious. But You may find some reason someday.

formerly known as wii-fi

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    3549-0591-6488-6338
    no i wont because i am strong enough to know that just because something is easier its not right because i know that i don't need reinsurance to prove my life has value.
    i know you aren't preaching but this thread is about proving or disproving religion and if you believe in Christianity or anything I'd expect you to fight for your beliefs.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by JonRyan View Post
    no i wont because i am strong enough to know that just because something is easier its not right because i know that i don't need reinsurance to prove my life has value.
    i know you aren't preaching but this thread is about proving or disproving religion and if you believe in Christianity or anything I'd expect you to fight for your beliefs.
    Well, if you're out to disprove religion, good luck. There's no evidence against religion, so we really can't disprove it. To disprove something, we need conclusive evidence against something. Religion is in a perpetual state of maybe right now.

That's why religion threads are particularly hard to debate. You can only really state your opinion, and that's about it.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I am a christian and therefore believe in god and the bible. I really don't go to church that much, and I think I fall into that group of people who believe, but don't really practice it. I pray when I think of it, but it isn't a daily thing for me, but I do try to thank god on a regular basis for my life.

Also, part of me wants to believe in religion because I want there to be a heaven. I don't want to be reborn as a tree, or become part of the earth. I want to continue my life after death.

Member #
    Friends
    3549-0591-6488-6338
    Quote Originally Posted by Boethiah View Post
    Well, if you're out to disprove religion, good luck. There's no evidence against religion, so we really can't disprove it. To disprove something, we need conclusive evidence against something. Religion is in a perpetual state of maybe right now.

That's why religion threads are particularly hard to debate. You can only really state your opinion, and that's about it.
    well seeing how people traced the 4 original people who gave credit to the bible and 2 didn't excist, one died at 4 and the last was a rapist that is enough for me.
    also i didn't say i was trying to disprove religion i said that is the debate topic of this thread get your facts straight. also if 89 percent of all religion is exactly the same how can you even believe it??
    its an astrological hybrid belief. look up zeithgiest the move on google if you don't believe me.
    i don't care what others believe if it make them happy all the power to them but i would never betray myself by believing in something just to be happy or believing in something that is just pure lies.

(didn't mean to offend anyone if that is how you felt when you read this.)

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Asking if religion is real, is like asking if Christianity and Judaism are real. Of course they are.

The actual question is, is what they believe in real?

I have quite an odd stance when it comes to religion, which I won't go into now. To put it simply, I don't believe there is a god. I believe that everything came from nothing, and a series of coincidences formed the earth and of course, evolution of life.

I don't see how that seems infeasible. It makes much more sense than a magic man in the sky with sandles did it.

Enoch was right.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Religion is real
    The almighty being that they believe in is as real as Superman

I think it was on QI that I heard this
    Wouldn't it be annoying if you got up to heaven and your god turned over a card and it said "Bluff"
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax View Post
    Having a single person believe in something does not mean it's true or set in stone.
    I believe that Lemmy is real
    I HAVE SAW HIM

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    I'm an atheist myself, because I've yet to see any good evidence for the existence of a God.

Quote Originally Posted by LeWaffles View Post
    Many scientists believe in religion including Stephen Hawking, who by the way is higher than a genius.
    Who told you that? Hawking is a well known atheist, as are most of the prominent scientists of the past 100 years.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    I believe there is a God (christianity-wise), however I don't believe in all the 'stories' in the bible, or at least the way they've been written. It just seems as though a bloke named Jesus was done the pub once, and thought it'd be a good idea to write a story about how great he was and distribute it to people.
    However, I'm not one of those 'rule abiding/church going/bible reading' christians, I just believe there is a God who created the basis of everything, and that there is an afterlife - that's pretty much it really.
    I used to be sure when I was younger, but because I use logic in EVERYTHING, and there's nothing scientifically logical about this situation, it makes me a bit skeptical; though I continue to believe.
    I mean, my grandparents were such strong Christians (ironically 9 years ago my G-dad died today, much love) that I refuse to believe that they haven't gone to heaven, y'know?
    So yeah, I recon religion is very much based on hope. You see people who have had their families killed or whatever, and they get through it as they turn to religion.
    Is religion real? I couldn't say. Is religion a bad thing? It most circumstances, **** no.

Member #
    Friends
    1798-1973-5886-5281
    I can't imagine a computer being made by just putting all the elements in a box and then shaking it until it becomes a fully operational computer!

The same go's for lifeforms,

I don't believe any life form can be made by random attachment of molecular small cells.

Instead its more obvious that an engineer(someone who knows how the parts work and what they are) puts all the elements/parts in the right place for the computer to even work. Design(pen&paper:code's & form), knowledge(What&how), understanding(Rules&process follow), creative(mouse,screen,keyboard,...),...!

The complexity of any lifeforms or element we know of and not know of is certainly not a random collisions of cells or evolution in time. And more proves that there is One God = Intelligent Designer Who made everything and knows how it all works.

Which will get me to your question Is religion real?

There are true and false religions.

True: religion that believes in on creator of all
    Fals: man-made statues as gods, multi gods, Greek gods, Sun, stars or moon or mountains, etc....

When you read the bible or the koran, you understand that what is written there isn't written by men themselves, there's just now way men can think or Wright that way.

People are free to chose what they want, and I respect that. But everyone must respect basic rules to keep everything in line! starting with the 10 commands
    Last edited by BlueWhistler; 01-31-2009 at 05:47 AM.
    Brawl
    2020-8091-8027
    @tila

Yes life is short. So don't waist you're time on the loading screen!

Ads