LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Question to iPhone owners

My homeboy got an iTouch recently and he's been trying to stunt on me cuz of it. I need to get an iPhone so I can trump him.

Problem is I need a few questions answered so I don't waste my money.

I know you need AT&T to use an iPhone unless of course it's been "Jail Broken" but I don't want to do that, especially since I already use AT&T.

My first question is, does it need to be activated to use all the non-phone programs? For example, if I were to cancel my wireless phone contract, would I still be able to use all the non-phone things like listen to my music and browse the internet like an iTouch?

2nd question is, If I use the internet on my iPhone will I be charged for online data? or I can I still use it for free if I have a WiFi connection, for example at my house, at campus, at my friends house (all have WiFi).

Last, I heard since it used as both a Phone and Ipod that it's slower than just an iTouch because their are more programs running at once, if so... how much slower is the iPhone and does it make everything slower, like watching a youtube video?
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    It costs money to turn on your iphone, it needs the internet to live.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    If you cancel your contract, you won't have 3G internet access, but you'll still be able to browse on wifi.

I'm pretty sure you can still use the phone function, but of course you'd need a sim card under a provider that'll let you do pay as you go.

You'll still have all the other functions.

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends
    5139-6750-7006-5371
    with the iphone, just make sure you don't accidentally go into your PHONES internet, cause my dad went on it for about 10 minutes an had to pay 200 dollars.

I say you should get the n96. 5 mega pixel camera, and just looks better. You could brag to him

I got nothing...

Member #
    Friends
    of yuo're just getting it to trump him, then its a pointless waste of money if you dont need, or didnt really want it in the first place.
    you will always be trumped in life. get use to it,
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends
    haha, im not getting it simply to trump him That's just a plus, ive always wanted an iTouch and I figured since i'm already with AT&T I don't have to jailbreak it to use it.

I did read on apple.com that you can still use the iPhone once it's been activated even if you cancel your wireless subscription so long as you keep your SIM card in the phone.

So I guess that part is done with, but do I have to pay some kind of fee to "activate" my iPhone? Because I already payed an activation fee when I first got my contract. Can I just buy an iPhone, take my current SIM card and stick it inside or do I have to pay?

Also, how do I know if im using the PHONES internet and not WiFi? I do not want to accidentally use the phones internet and get charged a bunch of money.
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    5139-6750-7006-5371
    my dad just gave me his iphone cause he is getting the blackberry for free.
    Last edited by Brownies14; 02-08-2009 at 02:26 PM.

I got nothing...

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e View Post
    haha, im not getting it simply to trump him That's just a plus, ive always wanted an iTouch and I figured since i'm already with AT&T I don't have to jailbreak it to use it.

I did read on apple.com that you can still use the iPhone once it's been activated even if you cancel your wireless subscription so long as you keep your SIM card in the phone.

So I guess that part is done with, but do I have to pay some kind of fee to "activate" my iPhone? Because I already payed an activation fee when I first got my contract. Can I just buy an iPhone, take my current SIM card and stick it inside or do I have to pay?

Also, how do I know if im using the PHONES internet and not WiFi? I do not want to accidentally use the phones internet and get charged a bunch of money.
    Go to Settings, then look at what you're connected to - I'd assume, anyway.

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends
    Brownies, then you are the perfect person to answer the questions I have >.<

I feel like one of those people who go into the 360 forums asking about the console and Wii gamers come in there trying to "inform" me on the 360 when they don't even own the console and they give false info.

No offense to people but who actually owns their own iPhone can actually test stuff?

I need answers from personal experience not what you heard, guess or simply think you know. If not then I guess i'm gonna have to find a iPhone orientated forum.

Member #
    Friends
    5139-6750-7006-5371
    you could give me a try, but I'm not 100 percent sure I'll know the answer. I just got it, but I still know a lot about it

I got nothing...

Ads