I have 6 plasmas in my house.

In my room 26 Vizio. good enough for a small room with surround sound xD

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by AoWFraggit View Post
    ah, that's good to hear. i've been putting up with a panasonic 37" CRT for the past decade, so this is a pretty big upgrade for me. i just want to make sure i don't accidentally fry my new plasma in the first few weeks!
    Putting up with? CRT's still have some of the best contrast ratio's around. It's also the best inch/dollar cost as well.

Member #
    Friends
    8480-0209-2306-3955
    agh, it looks like i'll have to wait a while before testing out my wii. silly me forgot to buy component cables. we can't watch tv either since our converter box doesn't actually support hdmi or components...

sigh.

Currently Playing:
    The Conduit
    Call of Duty: World at War

Member #
    Friends
    I bought a Samsung PN50650 50" Plasma. It's an awesome tv. Here's the link from cnet.com
    http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...in;contentBody

The cool thing about new Plasma's is that now they come with new setting for video game players. The plasma I've got has a setting for video game burning pixel replacement...or something like that. I read it in the manual book. What it does if by any chance you see any burn images on the screen, you can use the setting to either reset / replace the pixels.

Also, a friend of mine is a video game addict. He would play 10 to 14 hours a day on his JVC 42 ince Plama TV. This was when they just came out. He paid over $5k for it, and it never game him a problem for 6 years. They just got a new TV now and got a LCD. He said he never had a problem with burn in images. He stated the tv just burned out completely lol after 6 years.

I was going to buy a LCD, but the plasma has better graphics for movies, which is what I watch most of the time. My g/f only plays about 1 to 3 hours if she can a day. If I can get at least 4 years out of this TV, I will be happy

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    If you're from the UK, enjoy it whilst it lasts.
    I read somewhere they're meant to be banning them soon.

Member #
    Friends
    0710-2343-2773-8881
    Quote Originally Posted by AoWFraggit View Post
    ah, that's good to hear. i've been putting up with a panasonic 37" CRT for the past decade, so this is a pretty big upgrade for me. i just want to make sure i don't accidentally fry my new plasma in the first few weeks!
    Poor you

I read that burn-ins are quite rare and only occur on programmes which have a permanent logo in the same place in the corner.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.
    - George Carlin

Member #
    Friends
    I have been playing three years plus on my Hitachi plasma! No lag issues at all, plasma is more advanced technology than lcd. I see much more pixelization when I view lcd sets. As for burn in, no way. The tv has burn in protection always on, and I turn the wii and my other consoles burn in protection to double safety.
    Consoles 360 PS3 Wii

Currently playing on Wii
    Smash Brothers Brawl, Mario Kart, Super Mario Galaxy, and Resident Evil.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    I read that burn-ins are quite rare and only occur on programmes which have a permanent logo in the same place in the corner.
    such as an HUD?
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    such as an HUD?
    and most channel logos?

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    Burn in happens when you leave a static image on the screen for too long. So, if you leave your game on Pause for hours on end or at the start menu.. it might happen.

I don't know about the Wii, but the 360 has an anti-burn-in feature where the screen goes dim to help prevent that.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Ads