Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightmares

Man Points: Over 9000 kiraownsurmom's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6958-3537-3855-1215

Nightmares

Recently Ive been having nightmares about a zombie apocolypse,and just today had 2. I have them maybe once(or more) a week or 2. It affects my sleep all the time cause I fear Ill be trapped again,these arent lucid at all. They seem to be either me in it or me playing a videogame as me but I only see whats going on. Any help?
    PKMN446793374997
    MMSF356599059396
    ~if i owned a death note.you would be first!
    Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    5139-6750-7006-5371
    It's cause you think about to much things before you sleep. When you sleep, make sure you clear everything out of your mind!

I get nightmares about my grandparents being like zombies, it's friggen creepy.

I got nothing...

Member #
    Friends
    i had the scariest resident evil dream ever!
    Friend Code Brawl: 3566-1197-3649 Kubo
    Pokemon Heart Gold: 4082 7831 3740
    xbox 360 gamertag: kfchotwings

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Speaking from my own experience, if someone has racing thoughts or is intently focused on something, they will often dream about it, nightmare or not. ..Basically what Brownies said. Racing thoughts distort quality sleep pretty badly too, which can lead to further nightmares.

If you're not playing Left4Dead 24/7, and not having racing thoughts before/during falling asleep, nightmares can have a lot to do with other things. Whether it be a slight psychological imbalance as in something is genuinely "bugging" you(conciously or subconciously), or things of nature. ..Not that I'm an expert on this stuff.

If racing thoughts are the case of causing this, becoming genuinely tired and having a very easy time falling asleep can sometimes solve nightmare problems, from my own experience. Certain things and events can encourage this.

Whether or not this sounds stupid, Camomile tea has natural chemicals in it that induces sleep, one of which is melatonine(sp?), if I'm correct. The body naturally produces melatonine to induce sleep as well, so drinking camomile tea before going to sleep, or in preperation for sleep often certainly has no risks, and is often very effective.

Then there's also actual melatonine pills you may be able to buy over the counter at drug stores. They're a bit more potent than Camomile tea, and you'll probably be out within 20 minutes, even if you're the type of person who takes an hour to fall asleep, or something of that sort. It really induces a strong sleep, which should also stop racing thoughts as it takes effect.

..If your problem isn't racing thoughts, I'm at a loss for what to do. As I said, I'm not really an expert. Also, I'll just say - if by chance you ever take melatonine pills, you'll be out like a light for a few hours. So if you're going to sleep for say, 4 hours and then you're getting up for work, school, etc., these pills aren't a good idea. If you wake up before it starts wearing off, you'll be very drowzy and a bit out of it for awhile.
    Last edited by Splash_King; 02-22-2009 at 01:27 PM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Haven't had many nightmares in a while, I'm happy to say. The key is to completely clear your mind.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Try thinking about what you want your dream to be before you sleep.
    Studies show that there is around a 40% chance that it will work.

Member #
    Friends
    Incidentally, I had a dream about a week ago which was about training for a zombie apocalypse.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Whether or not you believe in this sort of thing, I don't know, but you could always try finding out what the dreams mean.

Like someone posted earlier, Camomile tea can be of help for sleeping easy. I have baked apple and camomile tea, and it works great. You could always try hot milky drinks too, like Horlicks, Ovaltine, or just hot milk with sugar.

Don't watch TV or go on your computer before you go to bed, but perhaps read a book instead (I'm assuming you go on your computer before sleep, here).
    Just keep as relaxed as you can before you go to sleep.

..and if you're watching a lot of horror movies? Try and cut down, eh xD

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by DRMARIO View Post
    Don't watch TV or go on your computer before you go to bed, but perhaps read a book instead (I'm assuming you go on your computer before sleep, here).
    Erk, I'm on the computer before sleeping every night...

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Ironically I've just been reading a sleep paralysis thread on left 4 dead forums, here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads