LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 387
  1. #121
    Super Geek Shadowking's Avatar
    Member #
    30149
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,010
    Friends
    17
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    Quote Originally Posted by DRMARIO View Post
    I forgot that slitting your wrists had more to it than an overwhelming craving for attention.

    Sarcasm, of course.
    It has nothing to do with craving attention. My girlfriend slit her wrists until I got her to stop. She thought she was useless and deserved to be harmed because of the way she was treated. Her ex boyfriend's abuse screwed with her head, it had NOTHING to do with attention craving and quite frankly I'm offended by your ignorance (and I don't get offended easily)

    Now how exactly does smoking weed make you immoral? Sure it's usually a bad choice on a personal level but it doesn't really hurt anyone else. Some of the nicest people I've ever met are stoners.
    I agree to SOME extent. However, smoking cigarettes is a bad choice for everyone around you (I want to punch everyone who smokes in public as I HATE the smell and my sister has Asthmatic reactions to it, not to mention both my girlfriend's parents smoke which we hate) and smoking weed can affect behavior and cause some people to become abusive. Not all, but some.
    Last edited by Shadowking; 04-13-2009 at 03:54 PM.


    Spoiler Alert!


  2. Ads


  3. #122
    Anglophobiphile Brawny's Avatar
    Member #
    8228
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    Posts
    6,546
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Now how exactly does smoking weed make you immoral? Sure it's usually a bad choice on a personal level but it doesn't really hurt anyone else. Some of the nicest people I've ever met are stoners.

    I'm pondering whether I'm gonna smoke on 4/20 or not... good chance I'm getting drug tested soon after and I don't want to do that detox crap again. Then again I don't think courts actually pay attention to that date since my friend just got tested, you'd think they would wait.
    Because it's illegal? Even if you disagree with the laws, there are ways to repeal said laws via petitioning and such, not blatantly ignoring it.

    I'm okay with murdering, so I should just be able to do it with no punishment because I disagree with the law forbidding it...

    Also, I'd be quite ashamed of spending tax payers' monies on your drug tests.

  4. #123
    Shmunior Member Chewy's Avatar
    Member #
    20268
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    798
    Friends
    7
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
    Because it's illegal? Even if you disagree with the laws, there are ways to repeal said laws via petitioning and such, not blatantly ignoring it.

    I'm okay with murdering, so I should just be able to do it with no punishment because I disagree with the law forbidding it...

    Also, I'd be quite ashamed of spending tax payers' monies on your drug tests.
    Laws aren't equal to morals. Just because I don't follow the ones that are victimless crimes doesn't make it immoral. And trust me, I have contacted my state representative about my views on the issue.
    I guess we just have different definitions of morality.


    And I pay for my own drug tests, thank you.


    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. View Post
    It has nothing to do with craving attention. My girlfriend slit her wrists until I got her to stop. She thought she was useless and deserved to be harmed because of the way she was treated. Her ex boyfriend's abuse screwed with her head, it had NOTHING to do with attention craving and quite frankly I'm offended by your ignorance (and I don't get offended easily)
    Some people do it just for attention, but definitely not all. I'm sure it's different for everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. View Post

    I agree to SOME extent. However, smoking cigarettes is a bad choice for everyone around you (I want to punch everyone who smokes in public as I HATE the smell and my sister has Asthmatic reactions to it, not to mention both my girlfriend's parents smoke which we hate) and smoking weed can affect behavior and cause some people to become abusive. Not all, but some.
    I too am against public smoking.
    I can't think of any cases where it would make someone abusive. Maybe neglectful, but not abusive. It generally calms people down.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

    Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

  5. #124
    Super Geek Shadowking's Avatar
    Member #
    30149
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,010
    Friends
    17
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Some people do it just for attention, but definitely not all. I'm sure it's different for everyone.


    I too am against public smoking.
    I can't think of any cases where it would make someone abusive. Maybe neglectful, but not abusive. It generally calms people down.
    I CAN agree to that, however the main problem with that accusation is that those who have actual depression and cut because they feel worthless then take those accusations and take them to mean they're freaks which makes them feel even more worthless. I know not only from my girlfriend as I was depressed until I met my girlfriend and she showed me that I have talents and that many people care about me even if they act like @$$#0L3S. I never cut and like I said, I got my girlfriend to stop because I don't believe it's the right answer, but the main reason I never cut was because I fear pain. Quite the annoying phobia actually. But that's actually the SOLE reason I never killed myself...I thought the bullet would hurt too much. So I guess I should be thankful that my mind put up that barrier to protect me from myself.

    As for the weed issue, I'm glad you're against public smoking, and the key word is "generally" as some people have different reactions. However, neglegence is also a terrible thing for family members to endure.


    Spoiler Alert!


  6. #125
    Shmunior Member Chewy's Avatar
    Member #
    20268
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    798
    Friends
    7
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    Yeah it is a shame that the first thing people conclude is that they just want attention. But I don't think that anyone would actually say that to the face of a cutter. First thing I think of is that they are depressed, if they really just wanted attention there would be much more effective ways of getting it.

    I also despise the people who think depression is just some made up condition. It's easy to say that when you aren't depressed.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

    Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

  7. #126
    Anglophobiphile Brawny's Avatar
    Member #
    8228
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    Posts
    6,546
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    You would say there are attention seekers though?

    How come depression exists so much today? I think it's one of those things that's overdiagnosed. Oh, something upset you today? You must have a disease, so just take a pill for it.

    What happened to just sucking it up?
    Last edited by Brawny; 04-13-2009 at 06:18 PM.

  8. #127
    Controversial. DRMARIO's Avatar
    Member #
    40
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,885
    Friends
    6
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Just to stir things up.

    You know, I really do not believe depression is a real 'condition'.

    People very close to me have 'suffered' from it. and have been diagnosed with it, and it's still a load of tosh in my eyes. They were just unhappy, rather under the weather, and really felt bloody awful.

    They're fine now.

    Enoch was right.


  9. #128
    Psychedelic Snail Monsteroids's Avatar
    Member #
    14011
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    2,791
    Friends
    10
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    The song Bohemian Rhapsody, the live version, made me cry... a lot. There, lets keep the secrets going!


    Brawl Punching Bag


    Chibi Asuka!!
    ------


    Spoiler Alert!


  10. #129
    Shmunior Member Chewy's Avatar
    Member #
    20268
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    798
    Friends
    7
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    Yes I think that there are attention seekers. But only because they are depressed and don't really know any way to tell people, or are just told to suck it up when they do try to talk about it.

    Depression is likely over diagnosed, but it definitely exists. I think it's only temporary though and you don't necessarily need a pill to solve it. I went through depression for a while but I'm fine now.

    When you're depressed, you can still be optimistic and think of plenty reasons to be happy, but you just can't be happy. It's a physical kind of thing.

    I mean hasn't it been proven that it's due to a lack of serotonin going to the brain? I think there's many things that can cause that though, like a lack of activity to keep your mind occupied.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

    Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

  11. #130
    Nintendo Connoisseur anax4aero's Avatar
    Member #
    45158
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    470
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
    You would say there are attention seekers though?

    How come depression exists so much today? I think it's one of those things that's overdiagnosed. Oh, something upset you today? You must have a disease, so just take a pill for it.

    What happened to just sucking it up?
    The problem is that given today's living conditions, it is much much more difficult to know when you're dealing with something casual or something that is truly a dangerous condition. As far as I know, it is better in this respect to overdiagnose it than to risk someone who looks normal committing suicide because everyone thought they were fine. Or to risk them getting a gun and shooting down a high school or college (of course, the "man" prefers to improve drug research instead of improving gun control...)

    But I strongly agree that just giving drugs to people is the worst thing you can do, unless there is definite proof that there is a neurological disorder. Because then dependence on the drug or side-effects from it just make people crazier. But, pharmaceutical companies don't make money unless we get pills, and in this country that's a no-no: they must make money even if it is at the expense of sanity.

    If you ask me, this country is psychologically worse and worse. Working hours, interest rates, bad food, stupid social standards...there are several things that are likely to make you go mad eventually, and the winner is the corporations who then get the money we spend on diets, gyms, therapy, drugs, alcohol, theme parks, candy, coffee, movies, porn, etc., which we indulge in to remain "happy" and "sane".

    God bless america!

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

40lb box of rape
,

confess deep dark secrets

,
confessions of a dark secrets
,

dark secret confessions

,
dark secrets confession
,
darksecret confessions
,
deep dark secret sexual confessions
,
deep dark sex confessions
,

girlfriend depressed dark secret

,
quotes love the way you lie
,

secret confessions, deep dark secrets

,

sex in confession booth

Click on a term to search for related topics.