Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Hero View Post
    And if he thinks "beliefs" makes one close-minded, then I consider him close-minded. Got it? Maybe that was too hard for you to comprehend.
    Stating fact, or logic, does not make you closed minded.

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    actually thats democracy in action. the public voting for what the majority wants.
    But in a true democracy, everyone should have the same rights, otherwise it's only a democracy for some people. Marriage should be legal for anyone, and if you think it's immoral for two people of the same gender to marry... well, you don't have to do it.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Sorry, double post. That was weird :/

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Gikoku Harakami View Post
    Only if one was an idiot, then he's left struggling with what he thinks it could mean, confused between multiple end points. You are clearly too narrow minded to understand what he was getting at.
    You do not even know the guy and you claim to know what he was getting at. Close-minded. Maybe he isn't talking about religion. What if he is challenging science? Maybe one day he thought "Hey, I don't believe this gravity nonsense. Maybe something else is holding me on the ground." I said he seems close-minded because he sounds as if he doesn't know much about different beliefs if he thinks they make people ignorant.

Fact of the matter is that you don't know exactly what he meant. On the contrary, my friend, you are the narrow-minded one.

Quote Originally Posted by DRMARIO
    Stating fact, or logic, does not make you closed minded.
    Now where do you see fact/logic in this thread?

@Chewy
    ^Your answer is somewhere up there.

Member #
    Friends
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Hero View Post
    You do not even know the guy and you claim to know what he was getting at. Close-minded. Maybe he isn't talking about religion. What if he is challenging science? Maybe one day he thought "Hey, I don't believe this gravity nonsense. Maybe something else is holding me on the ground." I said he seems close-minded because he sounds as if he doesn't know much about different beliefs if he thinks they make people ignorant.
    I don't recall Gikoku saying that his quote was about religion. If he wasn't talking about religion, it would be an open minded quote as well.

Your reason for him being close minded makes absolutely no sense at all. You're saying that he thinks all people with beliefs are all close minded, when that doesn't even make sense.

Everyone has beliefs. For example it is Gerry's belief that you shouldn't set your beliefs in stone.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    But in a true democracy, everyone should have the same rights, otherwise it's only a democracy for some people. Marriage should be legal for anyone,
    i disagree

in REAL democracy (not what we have), the MAJORITY chooses what is right and wrong. if the maj. don't want people to wear hats, then they will vote to ban it. if they want to require everyone to eat their garbage, then they vote for it.

in the bastardized democracy we have here, the majority makes their choice, but if the government doesn't agree, they change it to whatever the goverment believes is "best for the majority" (ie: prop. 8)

and if you think it's immoral for two people of the same gender to marry... well, you don't have to do it.
    or is it that the minority should then go somewhere else? why should the content majority be forced to change b/c someone doesn't like they way things are?
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends
    i disagree

in REAL democracy (not what we have), the MAJORITY chooses what is right and wrong. if the maj. don't want people to wear hats, then they will vote to ban it. if they want to require everyone to eat their garbage, then they vote for it.

in the bastardized democracy we have here, the majority makes their choice, but if the government doesn't agree, they change it to whatever the goverment believes is "best for the majority" (ie: prop. 8)

or is it that the minority should then go somewhere else? why should the content majority be forced to change b/c someone doesn't like they way things are?
    So tell me Rukus, why does it have to be banned? Why can't "the MAJORITY" ignore it and let people who had the sheer audacity to be gay just go about their business? Why should they have to leave the places they grew up in and move to somewhere they've never been just to get the same rights you have? And would you be so fine with it if it were heterosexual marriage they were banning?

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    And what if you father a gay child, should he/she have to gtfo too?

Member #
    Friends
    1345-6587-5984-5125
    Maybe he is just saying that he would rather explore life himself than just take things as they are given to him.

Religion is preached, constantly, and that effects your judgment on the matter. His quote could be symbolizing that belief is the will of other people, which he wants to break free from. He could be trying to say that he wants to find his own way in life, not conform to another person's beliefs.
    It doesn't necessarily mean he's an atheist, but rather it could mean that he wants to find his own spiritual truths that correspondent directly to him.

Member of The CKingz.

Member #
    Landan, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000

Speaking of narrow mindedness...

Simon Cowell, what a dick.

Ads