Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fond Memories

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0120-6723-8776-4093
    I'm only a week out of high school, so I won't know if I miss it until summer's over.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by navarre View Post
    Is university fun? Do you only have to come in for around 1 day a week? Are the classroom big or small?
    1) Usually. Can get frustrating when it comes to doing big projects though.
    2) Every university and every department has their own policies, so I couldn't tell you. I don't think you'd be obliged to attend lectures, but it's your loss if you fail the exams.
    3) The 'classrooms' can range in size- the biggest lecture theatre in Cardiff's Physics department had sitting space for about 200-300 people, while a smaller room two floors down was more like a high school classroom and only had space for about 20 people.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Being a year older than most people in my grade is terribly disheartening. I legitimately envy them. I feel like I have to make up ground in college

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    I hate being 18. I hate being older than every child in my family, if that makes sense. I have to be the first to do everything, and it's often that I'm going to make a mistake. This is where I'm going to fail, my career choice. I'm doing a foundation degree, which is basically an extra year of education I don't want. I'm pretty much being forced to do it by my art teacher. I don't want uni, I don't want a jobbb.

I miss primary school. I wish I would have cried at the end of it, but there was me thinking I was going to better things.
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB64 View Post
    I'm only a week out of high school, so I won't know if I miss it until summer's over.
    It'll either hit you in the fall or when the class that was below yours graduates.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by navarre View Post
    Is university fun? Do you only have to come in for around 1 day a week? Are the classroom big or small?

I'm fascinated.
    For me, university was a shit load of fun. So many nights out and stuff and people to meet.

It'll depend on your course as to how often you're in. I was in every day, for a total of 16 hours a week. That's double most courses, but mine has no background reading or anything so there's more lectures.

And as Kyle said, it varies. There's huge lecture theatres, and small classrooms. Depends on how many people are doing the particular module.

Overall, however, actual university is shite.

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Ugh.... Im out of high school.... Miss it so much. I got out a week early, an I ended up visiting for a day to see all ma friends... It is a sad time, Idk what the future holds, but it doesnt seem exciting anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    *sighs*... turning 26 in about 4 more weeks. One more year closer to death, *puts on eyeliner* Booo-hoooo...

I'll say one thing, being older definitely has it's good moments. The sex sure is better, alot of the high school girls when i was younger were retarded virgins. But, being a kid in the 80's was good fun, and I'll never forget the early 90's.

I'll be honest though, I prefer the age I am now than being a kid again.. life was limited for me back then with so many rules. I'm curious if anyone my age still has a VCR and cassette tapes on here. The music back then was so good.. Guns n' Roses, Dokken, TLC, Michael Jackson, Public Enemy, Metallica, Lita Ford, etc.
    Last edited by Gikoku Harakami; 06-08-2009 at 08:18 PM.

Gikoku ハラカミ
    --------------------------

--------------------------
    Don't think. Feel...
    It's like a finger pointing to the moon.
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.
    ~Bruce Lee, Wing Chun.

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    I miss the 90s.
    Especially when The Simpson's and all the cartoons (and TV in general) were awesome.

Primary school was fantastic, not a care in the world.

I loved most of highschool, we bludged WAY too much in later years, and my end of high-school marks reflect this heavily.

I have fond memories of all the crushes on teachers our year had.

And the fad when EVERY SINGLE GUY in our year had the hots for the one girl. Ahhhh good times.

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Oh how I miss the 90's. Ofcoarse, I was just a kid, being born in May of 1990. But for the most part, I remember my childhood well. I remember the huge house we use to live in that my dad built. I remember swimming in my uncles pool almost every day of the summer since he lived just next door. I remember one of my cousins babysitting me and my sis. Another cousin that we thought was a total bitch... because she was and still is 15 years later. I remember my 4th birthday when I got a shiny new Sega Genesis that came with Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I remember Rusty, the family dog. A cocker spaniel. He was the best dog I've ever had. I remember coming home from elementary school one day and my parents sitting on the bench on the front porch, waiting just to tell us that our grandfather accidentally ran over Rusty. My Mom and sister cried their eyes out. Most of all, I remember some of the totally stupid shit I did and got hurt or in trouble for.

Ah, to be a kid again.

Ads