LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    Shmunior Member Chewy's Avatar
    Member #
    20268
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    798
    Friends
    7
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocoLylee View Post
    For the fucking love of god, please type normally.
    d00d h3 iz juz uzin intraweb ling0 itz da hip ting ta do!
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

    Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    Proud Protestant navarre's Avatar
    Member #
    48373
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Landan, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Posts
    452
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by DungmasteR View Post
    Obama wants the healthcare bill on his desk before summer recess. The healthcare plan will make 119 Million Americans have to switch from a private run healthcare system that is the best in the world which most of you in this forum have, to a a universal one payer system (the government). This is estimated to cost over 10 TRILLION dollars (10,000,000,000,000) over the next 8 years if passed. Britian and Canada both have this system and it is not hard to see that it is a disaster over there
    Hahahahahaha. You really don't know anything, do you?

    Simon Cowell, what a dick.

  4. #13
    God Complex Frogger's Avatar
    Member #
    16994
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    3,763
    Friends
    16
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    For the love of God, the NHS isn't terrible at all. Hardly ANYONE is complaining about it in the country. Yanks, you don't know how it works.
    I love you, Adam.


  5. #14
    Anglophobiphile Brawny's Avatar
    Member #
    8228
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    Posts
    6,546
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
    For the love of God, the NHS isn't terrible at all. Hardly ANYONE is complaining about it in the country. Yanks, you don't know how it works.
    Why would anyone complain about getting free shit? It's easy for you to have a deaf ear on it when you're not the one paying for it. How about that hour and a half wait in the dentist even though you had an appointment...

    Plus, your doctors get paid crap. No one wants to go to school for 8 years to make a piddly salary, and your medical school enrollment records show it. Same is happening in Canada too.





    As for the confederacy, I support the ideals of states having more rights than what they are given. The reach of the current national government is far greater than any of the founding fathers intended. They're spinning like a lathe in their graves over any such thing as universal healthcare.

  6. #15
    God Complex Frogger's Avatar
    Member #
    16994
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    3,763
    Friends
    16
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
    Why would anyone complain about getting free shit? It's easy for you to have a deaf ear on it when you're not the one paying for it. How about that hour and a half wait in the dentist even though you had an appointment...

    Plus, your doctors get paid crap. No one wants to go to school for 8 years to make a piddly salary, and your medical school enrollment records show it. Same is happening in Canada too.
    The world you're making up is the one where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. We're a small country, so we can easily distribute things amongst other people. Health care is a right, not something that you have to pay for. If someone's poor they should get treatment befooore the emergency room. It'll save you a bunch of money there. I do pay for it, I pay for it with everything I buy, as does everyone else.

    A dentist appointment isn't set in stone. That isn't when you're going to get seen to. It's not like I was going to drop down and die if I was going to wait another hour. I don't usually have to wait more than an hour. You guys are just impatient. For the record, a lot of people do pay for their dentistry. Smokers also pay MORE for their dentistry. We're not thick. You can only get pretty much everything free if you're old, a child or seriously ill.

    How do you know what doctors get paid? I'm pretty sure there are still people who want to be doctors in this country.
    I love you, Adam.


  7. #16
    Anglophobiphile Brawny's Avatar
    Member #
    8228
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    Posts
    6,546
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
    The world you're making up is the one where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. We're a small country, so we can easily distribute things amongst other people. Health care is a right, not something that you have to pay for. If someone's poor they should get treatment befooore the emergency room. It'll save you a bunch of money there. I do pay for it, I pay for it with everything I buy, as does everyone else.

    A dentist appointment isn't set in stone. That isn't when you're going to get seen to. It's not like I was going to drop down and die if I was going to wait another hour. I don't usually have to wait more than an hour. You guys are just impatient. For the record, a lot of people do pay for their dentistry. Smokers also pay MORE for their dentistry. We're not thick. You can only get pretty much everything free if you're old, a child or seriously ill.

    How do you know what doctors get paid? I'm pretty sure there are still people who want to be doctors in this country.
    I support a graduated taxing scheme, so the rich do pay more. Also, they're rich for a reason, they make smart business decisions. Way too many poor people are poor because they're lazy and are fine with mooching off the system, which it wasn't intended to support.

    I'd rather not spend a pound thirty on a double cheeseburger that I can get in America for ninety-nine cents to pay for Jack's teeth whitening. People can get freaking boob-jobs on the NHS if it'll make them less depressed. How much of a crockpot is that!?

    Being poor in a capitalist insurance method doesn't mean you don't get treatment, it's not like we turn you away. It just prevents people from going to the doctor for every little thing and wasting everyone's money.

    The only reason you're fine with waiting is because you're used to it. I make an appointment, and I'm there at that time, and I go in at that time. That's the whole point of an appointment! Hell, I could walk-in to a dentist here and still be in earlier than an hour.

  8. #17
    God Complex Frogger's Avatar
    Member #
    16994
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    3,763
    Friends
    16
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
    I support a graduated taxing scheme, so the rich do pay more. Also, they're rich for a reason, they make smart business decisions. Way too many poor people are poor because they're lazy and are fine with mooching off the system, which it wasn't intended to support.

    I'd rather not spend a pound thirty on a double cheeseburger that I can get in America for ninety-nine cents to pay for Jack's teeth whitening. People can get freaking boob-jobs on the NHS if it'll make them less depressed. How much of a crockpot is that!?

    Being poor in a capitalist insurance method doesn't mean you don't get treatment, it's not like we turn you away. It just prevents people from going to the doctor for every little thing and wasting everyone's money.

    The only reason you're fine with waiting is because you're used to it. I make an appointment, and I'm there at that time, and I go in at that time. That's the whole point of an appointment! Hell, I could walk-in to a dentist here and still be in earlier than an hour.
    You're highlighting the worst of the NHS for your own benefit. Not everyone can just waltz into their doctor and demand a free boob job. You have to be severely depressed, and then you'll be counselled, and surgery will be the last option. It isn't a free ticket to every freaking surgery you want.

    You prevent people from going to the doctor for every little thing. Well, sunshine, most people dislike doctors and will avoid to go anyway. I'd rather prevent something at the start than wait for it to develop into something drastic just so I could save some more money. I'd want a doctor who was assed about treating me, not concerning my insurance. You have to train your doctors about insurance papers. What a waste of time.

    Some people do not deserve to be poor, and it's the majority of people. If the rich have a problem with it they can really just flee the country, it's not like we make it difficult for them. Obviously they like it here enough. They're used to it. They're not going to die because they're too selfish to willingly give to charity.
    I love you, Adam.


  9. #18
    Anglophobiphile Brawny's Avatar
    Member #
    8228
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    Posts
    6,546
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    What exactly are the bad points of actually paying someone for their skills?

  10. #19
    God Complex Frogger's Avatar
    Member #
    16994
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    3,763
    Friends
    16
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    ...You have to pay for it.
    I love you, Adam.


  11. #20
    Anglophobiphile Brawny's Avatar
    Member #
    8228
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    Posts
    6,546
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    It makes a lot more sense to pay for what you need, not pay for someone else just because you have more money available to you than they do...

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts